The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Final Fantasy > Sub-Final Fantasy > Final Fantasy Tactics

Final Fantasy Tactics All of the Final Fantasy-based tactical role-playing games.

Old 03/08/2015   #166
ForceStealer

So I've been slowly playing a game of Tactics in bed before going to sleep. I hadn't done any grinding at all and I was figuring it was going to catch up with me sooner or later. I'm hoping to get to Chapter 3 first but Cúchulainn just wiped the floor with me twice last night

I tried Rend MP to stop him from absolutely decimating me with Bioga...so he just started walking around and one-shotting all my characters manually... I know you can Immobilize him with Mustadio so maybe I'll try that...but I think I'm gonna have to grind this one...

And the fight with (SPOILER) Gaffgarion had just gone so well! Ramza and Agrias literally boxed him in a corner and wailed on him until we went down. (SPOILER) Traitorous bastard

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Flintlock (03/08/2015), Ghost X (03/08/2015), Minato (03/08/2015), The Twilight Mexican (03/09/2015)
Old 03/09/2015   #167
ForceStealer

Well, I tried twice more last night. The first try went, ostensibly, worse. He Doomed my Chemist and Black Mage, and petrified Agrias. So it was just Ramza and Mustadio. I kept fighting though just because it was cathartic to attack him I guess. Then he hit Mustadio with Doom, but to my amazement Ramza actually killed him. I couldn't keep that battle because my Chemist and Black Mage crystalized. However, the fact that I killed him gave me another strategy idea: Less strategy. Bum rush him.

The second battle, I did get lucky that Mustadio Immobilized him on the first turn instead of only working after everyone was dead. Ramza and Agrias pounced on him. By not Rending MP, he favored Bioga over Nightmare (which was dooming and petrifying people). On two separate castings, Ramza and Agrias were each killed, but I just had my Chemist chucking Phoenix downs and didn't bother healing more than that.
My Black Mage had the chance to move a safe distance away and started throwing Thundagas at him. And Ramza and Agrias both had Rubber Boots on so I didn't have to worry about AoE. And he went down. Pretty satisfying.

THEN to start Chapter 3 I've just been doing Errands and grinding up some new Jobs.

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
Thanked by 2:
Keveh Kins (03/09/2015), The Twilight Mexican (03/09/2015)
Old 03/09/2015   #168
Keveh Kins

Cúchulainn is a bollocks to fight First time I played Tactics he stalled me for ages, same with Wiegraff.

Hire claustrophobics. On the whole,
they're better at thinking outside the box.
Keveh Kins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/09/2015   #169
ForceStealer

Yeah, Wiegraf has been seared into my memory. I didn't remember this battle being such a pain, though.