The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Gaming

Gaming Discuss all things gaming in this subsection.

Old 06/30/2016   #1
Octo
Default Scorn

Looks interesting this. And by interesting I mean I think I'm gonna puke. Right up my street

YouTube Video

More than a bit Gigery and Zdzisław Beksiński-y.
Octo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Ghost X (06/30/2016), Shademp (07/02/2016), Strangelove (06/30/2016), X-SOLDIER (07/02/2016)
Old 06/30/2016   #2
Strangelove

it looks like a more fleshy alien-giger (i don't know beksinski so now i have something new to look up)

but boo on steam and my computer can only handle old games

edit; i want to make this beksinski picture my new phone wallpaper because look at it

Cthulhu (07/01/2016), Octo (06/30/2016)
Old 06/30/2016   #3
Octo

^thats fantastic They should make a game of that...whatever it is
Old 07/01/2016   #4
Strangelove

i want to make that game myself but i don't have the necessary talent

so the world may never know the wonder of spider-forehead-man-face-dog-thing the game
Octo (07/02/2016)
Old 07/02/2016   #5
X-SOLDIER

Well, I am thoroughly intrigued!

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Octo (07/02/2016)
Old 07/02/2016   #6
Shademp

Disgusting and intriguing. Please give me more.
Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Octo (07/02/2016)
Old 07/05/2016   #7
X-SOLDIER

Here's some more info about it that just makes me 100% more excited: http://www.pcgamer.com/scorn-is-a-di...-in-two-parts/

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
Octo (07/06/2016)
Old 07/05/2016   #8
Ghost X

I swear I've played a game or seen a movie that has organic guns similar to those that appear in the trailer.

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Member You'd Most Want to Meet.

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Best Voice.

2017 2nd Place Winner -- Most Likely To Back Out Of A Fight But Remain... Victorious.
Ghost X is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Octo (07/06/2016), X-SOLDIER (07/06/2016)
Old 07/06/2016   #9
Octo

^Probably Existenz, one of Cronenbergs
Thanked by 3:
Ghost X (07/06/2016), Mr. Ite (07/06/2016), X-SOLDIER (07/06/2016)
Old 09/05/2017   #10
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 3:
Cthulhu (09/05/2017), Octo (09/05/2017), Shademp (09/05/2017)
Old 09/05/2017   #11
Octo

NOIICE

I mean it looks nice, I dunno how I feel about the gameplay, and the enemies seem kinda stupid and not very threatening. I guess that could change but what id really like is a game where you're actually too scared to progress. I guess I want the moon on a stick.

The soundtrack is fucking amazing so far though!

(Mostly Manics related things but some other stuff and more things being added all the time! <3

https://www.redbubble.com/people/rom...dropdown&asc=u
Thanked by 2:
Ghost X (09/05/2017), X-SOLDIER (09/05/2017)
Old 09/05/2017   #12
Ghost X

Speaking of Existenz, Dasein can be translated as Existence in English . The gross factor is almost at triggering level for me with this game, but is at that curious level where I want to see more .

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Member You'd Most Want to Meet.

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Best Voice.

2017 2nd Place Winner -- Most Likely To Back Out Of A Fight But Remain... Victorious.
Ghost X is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Octo (09/05/2017), X-SOLDIER (09/05/2017)
Old 09/05/2017   #13
Octo

I like how cringey all the sound effects are.

(Mostly Manics related things but some other stuff and more things being added all the time! <3

https://www.redbubble.com/people/rom...dropdown&asc=u
Thanked by 2:
Ghost X (09/05/2017), X-SOLDIER (09/05/2017)
Old 09/05/2017   #14
X-SOLDIER

I love the lack of a h.u.d. and the subtle presence of a reticle only when focusing on interactables or aiming. Additionally, I expect the gameplay to center around having very limited ammo (which also has to be tracked manually and reloaded slowly), and the enemy behaviour to make it difficult to tell of a creature will just creep by you, or if it'll be hostile to you, or if you can avoid it by some other means, being the key aspect to the game. His first encounter the little thing avoids him, and near the end, he closes the door, rather than shoot it out, and I expect a lot of the game forcing confrontations like that.

Am excite.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
Ghost X (09/05/2017)
Old 09/05/2017   #15
X-SOLDIER

It looks like the game is close to being done, but they really want to go back in and make improvements on where it's at, so they're doing a KickStarter to get the game out the way that they want it: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...1-of-2-dasein/

In addition to that, it looks like they're gonna be releasing a demo of the game to their backers before the KickStarter campaign is over, and if it's handled well, that could be SPECTACULAR for them in terms of gaining support, and helping to focus on what they want to improve.

EDIT: Some feedback on what they're looking to improve is:

Nikola Rakic wrote: We feel that stuff that needs polishing are AI, gameplay, pacing, animations and some SFX - entire game needs to reflect the world we want to make and the devil is in the details.
Also, they've had a bunch of comments asking for a PS4 port, and have expressed that they would be interested in doing that if they get the chance to at some point, though their initial fully-polished PC release is clearly the sole focus of this campaign.

Lastly, the demo is likely to drop in 2-3 weeks.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon