The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Archive > TLS Archive > Random History

Random History Random old stuff that wasn't good enough for the top level of the archive.

View Poll Results: Who does Cloud love?
Aerith 20 14.18%
Tifa 121 85.82%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11/09/2009   #6736
Dashell

Vossler Azelas wrote: Wow now that is a debate Someone get that girl a Dr. Pepper!
HAHA I agree, I bet everything could be settled if we could sit down with a nice cold Dr Pepper XD
Old 11/09/2009   #6737
DrakeClawfang

I'd prefer to lay down with a nice Root Beer....

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This I swear: I shall do my utmost to protect you until the very end.
Old 11/09/2009   #6738
Dashell

DrakeClawfang wrote: I'd prefer to lay down with a nice Root Beer....

go to your room
Old 11/09/2009   #6739
Vossler

Quexinos wrote: HAHA I agree, I bet everything could be settled if we could sit down with a nice cold Dr Pepper XD
Yeah no shit hahaha. I mean I understand the dilemma but that's...Well I am just going to get a Dr. Pepper and shoosh myself before I get stomped on by the dedicated fanbase.....

Drake wrote: I'd prefer to lay down with a nice Root Beer....

http://www.frrcracing.com

Last edited by Vossler; 11/09/2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 11/09/2009   #6740
Vendel

Vossler Azelas wrote: Wow now that is a debate Someone get that girl a Dr. Pepper!
To bad all she has is a Pepsi.

Quexinos wrote: How pathetic. I really wish rude, moronic dumbasses like her would NOT use clerith.com as their source. That really bugs me when someone like that uses a friend of mine.
Well to be fair someone using clerith.com as a source is a good litmus test.

Last edited by Vendel; 11/09/2009 at 09:58 PM.
Old 11/09/2009   #6741
Shadowfox

Quexinos wrote: Wow I'm mad now... that other Clerith that I was debating with. She thinks her opinion is greater than Nomura and Nojima's
In other words, all is normal in the LTD/any other big debate between fans.

I gave that thread you linked to a quick look. So, the secret ending that's supposed to cement Clerith as the one true pairing of FFVII is one showing Aerith standing by herself in a field while Cloud drives past her without having seen or sensed her at all?
Old 11/09/2009   #6742
Dashell

Shadowfox wrote: In other words, all is normal in the LTD/any other big debate between fans.

I gave that thread you linked to a quick look. So, the secret ending that's supposed to cement Clerith as the one true pairing of FFVII is one showing Aerith standing by herself in a field while Cloud drives past her without having seen or sensed her at all?
Yep, totally romantic
Old 11/09/2009   #6743
Isabella

That link is a blast. Ah, fandom wars. You never disappoint.

And Quex, you might inform your pal that Third Person Omniscient doesn't mean hopping from one head to the next. True TPO means we have access to all characters' thoughts at all times. It's a "god-like" perspective. Even if we treat CoL as one narrative (which it's obviously not, it's two separate narratives interwoven), it is at best an example of limited omniscience, meaning that the character who's POV we're privy to changes.
Old 11/09/2009   #6744
Dashell

And Quex, you might inform your pal that Third Person Omniscient doesn't mean hopping from one head to the next.
Yeah I think I just totally pwned her... she hasn't responded. That's going to be a tough one to reply to without contradicting yourself.

Last edited by Dashell; 11/09/2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11/09/2009   #6745
Fighter

Shadowfox wrote: I gave that thread you linked to a quick look. So, the secret ending that's supposed to cement Clerith as the one true pairing of FFVII is one showing Aerith standing by herself in a field while Cloud drives past her without having seen or sensed her at all?
Did they not remove even that in ACC?
Old 11/09/2009   #6746
Isabella

It's too bad we don't have the "la la la fingers in the ears" smilie anymore. lol
Old 11/09/2009   #6747
Dashell

I don't understand what the problem is really. If you have a book and each chapter is from a different character's PoV, then .. how does that make it third person omniscient? This really is not that hard...

But I love using their own words against them. I really do, that's my favorite thing, they never know what to say or they come back with "I didn't say that, what I said was" and then it's completely different.
Old 11/09/2009   #6748
Fighter

Quexinos wrote: I don't understand what the problem is really.
There is only one problem really. Justifying clerith comes before honesty.
Old 11/09/2009   #6749
Shadowfox

Fighter wrote: Did they not remove even that in ACC?
Yes, they did. I guess the secret ending was so secret that they had to remove it from the director's cut of the original movie. SE probably initially thought that sticking it at the end of the movie would keep their secret ending safe from prying eyes but they never reckoned that fans would be fanatic enough to stick around until the end of the closing credits.
Old 11/09/2009   #6750
Dashell

I want to see this source that says both ACC and AC are canon.