The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Archive > TLS Archive > RP Forum > RPG > URPG

URPG RPs utilizing worlds already establisheded in order to further them with fan imagination and creativity.

Old 04/25/2013   #16
Obsidian Fire

"I thought you said we were going to that inn to find out where Douven might have gone." If we were going to check out that dragon's gave it wouldn't help to go chasing after every distraction on the way there.

I turned to look at Grey and Nilrain. "What do you guys think?" They were older then me and could hopefully knock some sense into Vaan's head. "Should we go to the inn where we can sleep somewhere else then around a campfire, or should we follow some tracks that probably lead nowhere?"

Last edited by Obsidian Fire; 04/25/2013 at 12:20 AM.
Thanked by:
Kermitu Kleric Katie (04/25/2013)
Old 04/25/2013   #17
Hisako

"Hmmm." I crouch low to the ground, slowly tracing some of the track prints outlines. They certainly look familiar enough...

Nature check: Roll(1d20)+7:
12,+7
Total:19
Thanked by:
Old 04/25/2013   #18
The Mad King

After carefully examining the footprints you recognise them as belonging to Kobolds. Its impossible to tell where any one set of prints may be leading however, as they have criss crossed each other at several points. A few of the prints seem to be more recent than the rest.
Old 04/25/2013   #19
Kermitu Kleric Katie

"What's a Kobold?" I asked the others. I was new to Ebberon, and wasn't familiar with the wildlife there yet.
Old 04/26/2013   #20
Joe

"A kobold" I began "Is a small reptillian creature not uncommon in these lands." I took a moment to wonder where Vaan might actually be from, having not heard of a creature so common as this. Still, the boy was young and seemed to be quite naive in nature.

"We should move forward with care. A kobold may not be strong but they do not fight fair either - we could easily be overwhelmed by these lesser creatures."

Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

Thanked by:
Kermitu Kleric Katie (04/26/2013)
Old 04/26/2013   #21
Hisako

"Some tracks are fresh. Chances are if they have come by recently, they may still be near, unless they have already taken quarry before. Nonetheless, we might see their handiwork soon enough if we stop here." I stand up and keep a hand on my sword.

"We should go."

Last edited by Hisako; 04/26/2013 at 04:22 AM.
Thanked by:
Kermitu Kleric Katie (04/26/2013)
Old 04/27/2013   #22
The Mad King

As youn advance down the road you suddenly hear a shrill battle cry. From behind rocks and trees a number of kobolds leap out of concealment and charge down the road at you!
Old 05/11/2013   #23
Hisako

Initiative Roll
Roll(1d20)+3:
18,+3
Total:21

I waste no time drawing my sword and loosing an axe from my belt, already on the move even as the kobolds lunge at the party. "Always vigilant!"

Minor: I designate the closest Kobold as my Hunter's Quarry (+1d8 upon hit).

Standard: I use my Throw and Stab attack, throwing a handaxe against the second-closest Kobold:
Attack Roll
Roll(1d20)+5:
2,+5
Total:7 vs. AC
And I lunge at my Hunter's Quarry with a Melee Basic Attack using my longsword:
Attack Roll
Roll(1d20)+7:
14,+7
Total:21 vs. AC

Last edited by Hisako; 05/14/2013 at 11:27 AM.
Thanked by 2:
Joe (05/11/2013), Kermitu Kleric Katie (05/11/2013)
Old 05/14/2013   #24
The Mad King

Robert Baratheon wrote: Initiative Roll
Roll(1d20)+3:
18,+3
Total:21

I waste no time drawing my sword and loosing an axe from my belt, already on the move even as the kobolds lunge at the party. "Always vigilant!"

Minor: I designate the closest Kobold as my Hunter's Quarry (+1d8 upon hit).

Standard: I use my Throw and Stab attack, throwing a handaxe against the second-closest Kobold:
Attack Roll
Roll(1d20)+5:
2,+5
Total:7 vs. AC
And I lunge at my Hunter's Quarry with a Melee Basic Attack using my longsword:
Attack Roll
Roll(1d20)+7:
14,+7
Total:21 vs. AC
Your axe hurls through the air but the kobold is able to twist away at the last second. (miss)

The kobold whom you attack with your sword is not so quick. (Roll damage)
Kermitu Kleric Katie (05/16/2013)
Old 05/14/2013   #25
Hisako

Damage Roll
Roll(2d8)+4:
3,8,+4
Total:15 damage
Thanked by:
Kermitu Kleric Katie (05/16/2013)
Old 05/18/2013   #26
The Mad King

The kobold tries to parry your blow with his shield, but is to slow and suffers a gash along his side. Despite the injury he remains on his feet.

The next kobold to reach your group lunges at Nilrain with a club, but his attack is clumsy and goes wide leaving you unharmed.
Kermitu Kleric Katie (05/19/2013)
Old 05/19/2013   #27
Joe

I pull out my sword and shield, surveying the battlefield for potential risks to myself and my team members.

Minor: I designate the kobold nearest to me as my Battlemind's Demand marking him.

Standard: I use my World-Slipping Advance attack, teleporting to and slashing the kobold closest to Trine.
Attack Roll
Roll(1d20)+7:
15,+7
Total:22 VS AC

Thanked by 2:
Hisako (05/19/2013), Kermitu Kleric Katie (05/19/2013)
Old 05/20/2013   #28
The Mad King

The kobold lets out a surprised yelp as you appear before it, and is unable to raise its spear in defense. (Roll Damage)
Kermitu Kleric Katie (05/20/2013)
Old 05/20/2013   #29
Joe

Damage Roll
Roll(1d8)+4:
5,+4
Total:9

Thanked by:
Kermitu Kleric Katie (05/20/2013)
Old 05/21/2013   #30
The Mad King

Your sword passes through the kobold almost without resistance. Amidst a spray of blood your foe collapses on the ground and makes no further movements.