The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Entertainment

Entertainment Poast about movies, television, animé, books, and pyrotechnics in the distance here. Music topics go in The Venue.

Old 11/19/2014   #1
X-SOLDIER
Default Steven Universe

Does anyone else watch this show? Because it's amazing, and it's got a lot of the animators who I've followed from other projects (or from way back in the day), and it's just fantastic.

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Mr. Ite (06/03/2017), The Twilight Mexican (04/06/2015), Theozilla (09/10/2015)
Old 11/19/2014   #2
Theozilla

I heard of it, basically nothing but good things about it, but I've never checked it out.
Old 11/19/2014   #3
X-SOLDIER

You should certainly check it out. It's one of my favorites in a long while.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

Old 04/03/2015   #4
X-SOLDIER

Soooooo....

As of the last month or two, this show has gone from great to absolutely fucking phenomenal. I can't get enough of it, and it's very swiftly risen to being my favourite show in like a million different ways. Right now, I can't stop watching this preview clip: http://micthemicrophone.tumblr.com/p...or-steven-clip

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (04/06/2015)
Old 06/16/2015   #5
X-SOLDIER

tl;dr on everyone should be watching this already.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Old 06/21/2015   #6
HylianMogget

I've been meaning to check this out for a while, but I haven't got around to it yet. The Utena references alone are enough to get me interested - Utena is my favorite show ever (definitely check it out if you're into genre subversion) - and I've heard good stuff about it overall so I guess I better get on it.
Old 09/08/2015   #7
X-SOLDIER

If you want a crash course in the show and reasons why you need to be watching it, this article is for you: http://kotaku.com/steven-universe-explained-1729104772

Also this.

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Old 09/10/2015   #8
Theozilla

I finally checked out and caught up with the series earlier this year, definitely a great series worth watching, especially if you're an anime and video game fan.
X-SOLDIER (09/10/2015)
Old 09/10/2015   #9
X-SOLDIER

Speaking of which, one of the storyboard artists is Ian Jones-Quartey who used ta do a FFVII-inspired webcomic called RPG World that's had a little easter egg or two in a few of the episodes.

This is another enjoyable review/article: http://www.idigitaltimes.com/steven-...-review-431099

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
Theozilla (09/11/2015)
Old 09/11/2015   #10
Theozilla

X-SOLDIER wrote: Speaking of which, one of the storyboard artists is Ian Jones-Quartey who used ta do a FFVII-inspired webcomic called RPG World that's had a little easter egg or two in a few of the episodes.

This is another enjoyable review/article: http://www.idigitaltimes.com/steven-...-review-431099

X
Heh, what a coincidence, I actually follow the writer of that article on Tumblr. She also does recaps/reviews of each episode when they air.
X-SOLDIER (09/11/2015)
Old 09/11/2015   #11
X-SOLDIER

Whaaaat!? Do you have a link to her tumblr, so that I can check it out?

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
Theozilla (09/11/2015)
Old 06/02/2017   #12
X-SOLDIER

An official soundtrack is coming out: http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...htmlstory.html

Also, the latest episodes were absolutely fucking incredible.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Old 06/03/2017   #13
Mr. Ite

Soundtrack, you say...?

YouTube Video
Mr. Ite is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (06/04/2017)
Old 06/03/2017   #14
ChipNoir

Adore this show. About to bingewatch season 4 for the first time. Looking forward to surprises galore!

So this is where I duck out to avoid spoilers.

PS: People often say I'm what would happen if Peridot and Pearl ever fused.
ChipNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
jazzflower92 (06/03/2017), X-SOLDIER (06/04/2017)
Old 06/04/2017   #15
X-SOLDIER

Looking forward to your Season 4 thoughts when you get through it!!! (Also, that is a pretty grand statement about fusions, and I think you'll enjoy that comparison even more as you keep watching).

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon