The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Archive > TLS Archive > RP Forum > RP Signups & Discussion

RP Signups & Discussion All discussion threads of Novice RP, Spam RP, ORPG, and URPG recruitment are found here. RPB challenges are also issued and discussed within.

Old 03/10/2012   #8431
Joe

Lokka's will be somewhere quite near the enddd. Late awakener and all that.

Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

Old 03/11/2012   #8432
Tennyo

Hella Jeff wrote: My only concern with this recent battery of posts is that I never once thought that Viola had a hand in deciding what powers a Destrillian ended up with. The second set of numbers wasn't used to denote how many tries it took to make a fire destrillian, it was used to show how many attempts it took to create the fourth destrillian.

But yeah, power awakening always made much more sense as a random element that led to doctors having to think fast and come up with solutions of how to get it under control with very little prior warning, leading to more early deaths. It makes more sense to me because whilst I haven't really given much thought about how the dessiefying happens, the idea that the science is so crazy advanced that they can fine-tune it down to what exact powers they want just feels unnatural and raises more problems than it solves.
This is why, if we do do things this way, it would probably make sense to change Emma's prototype number. Unless there were other Lyverius children put through the Dessification process, which I don't know how much sense that would make. But maybe it could?

My point being that she would be a relatively new development in comparison to the other children, would she not? So instead of being, say, 001-001-008, she should be something higher like 001-001-020 or even 001-001-030 so on and so forth.

Maybe it doesn't really matter. I'm perfectly malleable on the subject, I'm just trying to avoid a plot hole in case anyone thinks there could be one.
Old 03/11/2012   #8433
Omega

I don't see why there would be one. She wouldn't necessarily be doctor's first attempt; after all, she was taken at a relatively older age than most of the others were. My eye for plot holes isn't seeing one with Emma's prototype number.
Old 03/11/2012   #8434
NoenGaruth

Emma is the only Lyverius ever in the Destrillian program, and she was more a case of bad timing being one the Sponsors discovered during the point when Destrillians were the project in the spotlight and she just happened to be perceived at the time of having useless powers. Any other time she probably would have been harvested for black distrum.

Hey who wants to come home with me?!
Ok that wasn't very smart but totally worth it!
Thanked by:
Tennyo (03/12/2012)
Old 03/12/2012   #8435
Tennyo

Is the Pirate Pad working for everyone? It isn't saving anything that I type in there nor can I change my name color. :/

Treize Khushrenada wrote: Emma is the only Lyverius ever in the Destrillian program, and she was more a case of bad timing being one the Sponsors discovered during the point when Destrillians were the project in the spotlight and she just happened to be perceived at the time of having useless powers. Any other time she probably would have been harvested for black distrum.
This is more along the lines of what I was thinking. However, I guess, if she just happened to be put through the whole thing under the guise of being a normal kid giving her a normal sequential number like everyone else could make sense if the Sponsors wanted to hide her for any reason.

I bet that's what you meant, isn't it, Mega? oops herp derp
Old 03/14/2012   #8436
Mantichorus

Kaden's stats have been delayed. As in, I spent a while working on them and then had a power cut before I could save it. .___.
To keep one step ahead of you
L.E. Modesitt, Jr wrote: Sometimes cynicism is the last refuge of the idealist.
As soon as you saw people as things to be measured, they didn't measure up.
You think water moves fast? You should see ice. It moves like it has a mind. Like it knows it killed the world once and got a taste for murder.
Gym Leader Kris sprite by Brooke

Sam Vimes arrested a dragon... and carries the law with him like an Ampharos
Vimes and PokeSammies sprite by GLD
Old 03/14/2012   #8437
Bex

i haven't even thought about Thetis' number yet
maybe 001-021-006?

THOUGHTS
Old 03/14/2012   #8438
Omega

002-003-027
002-014-028
Old 03/14/2012   #8439
NoenGaruth

Vimes wrote: Kaden's stats have been delayed. As in, I spent a while working on them and then had a power cut before I could save it. .___.
Might wanna hold up there for a moment. The stats don't really apply to Kaden because he's not a Destrillian, which begs an open question about what to do here. (I know with regard to lyverius there are no stats we just gauge them on a tier of 1-3 with 1 at the top with being either passive or offensive class based on their power)

Thanked by:
Mantichorus (03/17/2012)
Old 03/14/2012   #8440
Alex

I guess it depends if we take it for granted that Kaden is of a similar power level and super-soldiery build to the Destrillians. There's nothing really to stop him from being, really. Just depends how well Damascus put him together!
Old 03/14/2012   #8441
NoenGaruth

Good point. Might be a case then of changing power potential with something more animus specific?

Thanked by:
Mantichorus (03/17/2012)
Old 03/14/2012   #8442
Joe

Ferocity: 9,001
Claws: 9,001
Fur: 9,001
Sense of smell: 9,001
Wet dog smell: 9,001

Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

Thanked by 8:
Baldy (03/16/2012), Bex (03/15/2012), Mantichorus (03/17/2012), NoenGaruth (03/15/2012), Rumpelstiltskin (03/15/2012), Sheva Alomar (03/15/2012), Super Mario (03/15/2012), Tennyo (03/15/2012)
Old 03/15/2012   #8443
Super Mario

Come here, puppy! ^ v ^

YAHOO!
Old 03/15/2012   #8444
Tennyo

I suddenly feel the need to commission art of one of the Dessies scratching Kaden behind the ears with him kicking one of his legs. It's only a matter of who would be more lulzy...

Treize Khushrenada wrote: Might wanna hold up there for a moment. The stats don't really apply to Kaden because he's not a Destrillian, which begs an open question about what to do here. (I know with regard to lyverius there are no stats we just gauge them on a tier of 1-3 with 1 at the top with being either passive or offensive class based on their power)
Hey now don't go ruining my fun...
Old 03/15/2012   #8445
Super Mario

We let Emma and Tao do this. They both are a friend to all living things.

YAHOO!