The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Final Fantasy > Neo Final Fantasy (VIII - XV)

Neo Final Fantasy (VIII - XV) Discussion area for all Final Fantasy titles after Final Fantasy VII.

Old 07/04/2017   #2146
Omega

omega story stuff
I want to fucking murder that fucking piece of shit chocobo I HATE THINGS THAT UNNECESSARILY PANDER TO THE I LOVE CUTESY SHIT CROWD

I HATE THAT IT ONLY HAS THREE ANIMATIONS AND IT USES THEM CONSTANTLY

I HATE LISTENING TO IT

I HATE WATCHING IT TILT ITS HEAD AND STARE OFF INTO THE DISTANCE AROUND MY ANKLES AND THEN LOOK UP AT ME LIKE IT REMEMBERED IT HAD SOMETHING TO TELL ME

TLDR FUCK THAT LITTLE FUCKER I DON'T TRUST HIM EITHER
Old 07/05/2017   #2147
Jason Tandro

Cleared them all and got all the loot I can this week. And I just got to ilvl 300 so I guess it's time to farm Susano for a weapon... (on top of getting the last few Verity pieces I need).
Jason Tandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/05/2017   #2148
AvecAloes

Ramza Beoulve wrote:
Joe wrote: I'm starting to ship myself - a female Warrior of Light - with (SPOILER) Nero tol Scaeva, not so suddenly. This is not healthy and I'm going to require fanart pretty soon
(SPOILER) I'm still all Aymeric for my Warrior of Light

BITCH I WILL FIGHT YOU
ForceStealer (07/05/2017)
Old 07/05/2017   #2149
Obsidian Fire

Played though the first three Omega bosses, but didn't get to the 4th one. On a side note, you know the DPS/Tank ratio is bad when it takes you over an hour to get into the new raids as a DPS...

These mechanics are fun. Like, really fun to play though. Using the ice=slippery mechanics on purpose is a great inversion on the usual. Adding a height mechanic. Role icons being used as mechanics. If you've been paying attention to game mechanics as a whole, you'll do fine. Oh, and sand... I admit to snickering all throughout D3. That fight is made of win.

I also really like the design. Alexander got a little tiring visually with it's white-on-metalic color scheme that was 12 raids long. This one has a nice variation across the bosses that is a lot easier on the eyes.

In other news... DPS queues were bad so I finally sat down and farmed Susano. I've now got BiS for my SMN and am sitting at a comfortable ilvl 316 (lucked out on getting belt/accessory tokens on D1 and D2). Given how long it takes to get the body (4 weeks minimum) I won't be getting it as there's no reason for me to not be doing Savage when it comes out.

Thoughts on the patch notes: holding aggro on DRK before you get Abyssal Drain is way easier now. Holding aggro on bosses is way easier now as the aggro combo generates insane aggro now (especially if you DA it). Bloodspiller got buffed most likely because of this Reddit Post which shows why getting Bloodspiller from breaking TBN while out of Grit was a slight DPS loss. And by slight, it mentions that if Bloodspiller was buffed to it's current potency TBN out of Grit it would break even...
Old 07/06/2017   #2150
Omega

The Engineer wrote: I've now got BiS for my SMN
OMG LINK TO STAT WEIGHTS PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD

I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO FIND THEM ANYWHERE
Old 07/06/2017   #2151
Obsidian Fire

Currently BiS is the highest iLvl available. So Susano weapon, Lakshmi accessories and Ala Migo gear (well, technically Genta gear, but nobody has that yet). We won't be able to find stat weights until we get multiple sets of the same iLvl and can start comparing numbers (or if someone wants to do the really expensive step of messing around with materia) as Main Stat always outweighs everything else so heavily.

But to give you an idea of how SMN stats are currently looking... I've got an iLvl of 316 (Susano weapon, Lackshmi accessories, Ala Migo gear, Genta ring, belt, hands) and this is what my stats look like with some VI materia thrown in.

INT - 2254
VIT - 1506
Crit - 1583
Det - 904
DHR - 1262
SpS - 967

As far as SMN stats go, I don't see them changing much from HW where Determination and Spell Speed were neck and neck far behind Crit. Only Crit and DHR will be vying for the top two stats and we won't know exactly which one is better until further testing. Given that SMN has no forced Crit in their abilities, I'd bet that DHR will be weighted more heavily. But there's no way to know and you'll more then likely want enough Crit to get both DHR and Crit on Deathflare, Ahk Morn, Bane, etc. fairly often.

Spell Speed is going to be an interesting one due to how Wyrmwave has an internal cast time of 1.5 sec. The ideal for SMN is fitting in 11 different abilities into the Bahamut summon (5 oGCD, 6 Ruin II casts) and your cast time has to be slow enough that you don't have to weave your oGCDs too fast.

Det is well, Det. You're going to get some, but you need all the other stats to make good use of it.

For more info on 4.0 Summoner, here's the best guilde/overview currently out:https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...hts_on_40_smn/
Old 07/06/2017   #2152
Chloe Frazer

Shipping: WoL/Y'shtola or Yugiri IMO.
Old 07/06/2017   #2153
Jason Tandro

Gentleman Inspector Hildibrand wrote: Shipping: WoL/Y'shtola or Yugiri IMO.
My WoL is male and at first I shipped him with Minfilia but as the game went on my tastes leaned more towards Yda, though I could see 'shtola too.
Old 07/06/2017   #2154
Omega

The Engineer wrote: Currently BiS is the highest iLvl available. So Susano weapon, Lakshmi accessories and Ala Migo gear (well, technically Genta gear, but nobody has that yet). We won't be able to find stat weights until we get multiple sets of the same iLvl and can start comparing numbers (or if someone wants to do the really expensive step of messing around with materia) as Main Stat always outweighs everything else so heavily.

But to give you an idea of how SMN stats are currently looking... I've got an iLvl of 316 (Susano weapon, Lackshmi accessories, Ala Migo gear, Genta ring, belt, hands) and this is what my stats look like with some VI materia thrown in.

INT - 2254
VIT - 1506
Crit - 1583
Det - 904
DHR - 1262
SpS - 967

As far as SMN stats go, I don't see them changing much from HW where Determination and Spell Speed were neck and neck far behind Crit. Only Crit and DHR will be vying for the top two stats and we won't know exactly which one is better until further testing. Given that SMN has no forced Crit in their abilities, I'd bet that DHR will be weighted more heavily. But there's no way to know and you'll more then likely want enough Crit to get both DHR and Crit on Deathflare, Ahk Morn, Bane, etc. fairly often.

Spell Speed is going to be an interesting one due to how Wyrmwave has an internal cast time of 1.5 sec. The ideal for SMN is fitting in 11 different abilities into the Bahamut summon (5 oGCD, 6 Ruin II casts) and your cast time has to be slow enough that you don't have to weave your oGCDs too fast.

Det is well, Det. You're going to get some, but you need all the other stats to make good use of it.

For more info on 4.0 Summoner, here's the best guilde/overview currently out:https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...hts_on_40_smn/
if I'm being honest, I'm disappointed because I got my hopes up and you crushed them

that said, I HAVE seen info on DH v Crit, and for classes that don't rely on Crits (i.e. everything but like monk and bard), DH is the new god-stat. Tenacity is surprisingly more useful than anticipated, with something like .001% returns (1% increase and decrease per 1k), which isn't half bad at all. Re: SMN, I feel like SS will continue to be excellent, though I question whether or not dot ticks can DH (can they idk?).

Samurai will obv. prioritize DH, maybe Crit and Det. SS is crap here.

RDM will want less SS because of cooldowns, so much the same as Samurai.

it's 8:30 am and I can't think of anything else. hell I tried to type 8:30 as 8L3) like three times
Old 07/06/2017   #2155
Chloe Frazer

Jason Tandro wrote:
My WoL is male and at first I shipped him with Minfilia but as the game went on my tastes leaned more towards Yda, though I could see 'shtola too.
(SPOILER) Lyse's with Alisaie or as Joe calls them Alyseae.
Old 07/06/2017   #2156
Jason Tandro

Gentleman Inspector Hildibrand wrote:
Jason Tandro wrote:
(SPOILER) Lyse's with Alisaie or as Joe calls them Alyseae.
(SPOILER) I know. They both together in bed. With me.
Old 07/06/2017   #2157
Joe

I thought that ship name was fuckin perfect therefore it's now canon

Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Chloe Frazer (07/06/2017), Jason Tandro (07/06/2017), Omega (07/06/2017)
Old 07/06/2017   #2158
Obsidian Fire

Godot wrote: that said, I HAVE seen info on DH v Crit, and for classes that don't rely on Crits (i.e. everything but like monk and bard), DH is the new god-stat. Tenacity is surprisingly more useful than anticipated, with something like .001% returns (1% increase and decrease per 1k), which isn't half bad at all. Re: SMN, I feel like SS will continue to be excellent, though I question whether or not dot ticks can DH (can they idk?).
DOT ticks can both Crit and DH. SS also makes you're DOTs hit for more flat damage as well, but the damage gain is nothing like Crit/DH. Basically, SMN has two skills that go off every 3 seconds for 80 potency combined and the more often they Crit/DH the better. SS never makes DOTs hit more often and aside from the Ruin family of spells, all of SMN's other damaging ability are oGCDs, and SS doesn't effect the damage those do in any way. Fester, Painflare, Deathflare, Ahk Morn, and Wyrmwave are all the major burst damage SMN has, and none of those are effected by SS. So while it is more meaningful then Det is, it's not a stat you're actively trying to get more of.

That's an interesting note about Tenacity. It looks like the type of stat where it's garbage for synced low-level content and great for hard-hitting bosses when you can actually have something like 1k Tenacity...
Old 07/06/2017   #2159
Omega

I should note that SMN was my main going into HW

I wasn't sure if dots could DH, though, since the name sort of implies...not...that.

I mourn the loss of the holy trinity of Bio II/Miasma/Bio, and even long-ass cast time Shadow Flare ;.;

Tenacity is probably going to be terrible until near the end of the expansion cycle where it's easy to get a crapton of it (and by then I'm sure they'll have buffed it at least once as well).
Old 07/11/2017   #2160
Jason Tandro

Jason Tandro wrote: So you should all have received an invitation to my wife and my's in-game wedding. It's a Gold Plan wedding so any attendees will get a Demon Box. The timing was a bit odd because of my work shift, I work nights she works mornings.

July 13th, 5:00 PM Eastern Time
This is 9 PM GMT if I'm not mistaken.

1. If you didn't get an invite, friend me when you're on and I'll mail you one along with a bunch of the unpurchaseable party favors that I bought in bulk.
2. If you can't attend, I'm gonna Twitch the thing and save the video so if such things interest you, you can at least watch it later.
3. Along with the FC guys we are inviting the rabble too for impressive looking cutscenes.
Update on this since it's in two days. The above still applies:

1. If you are uncertain where to go, you are heading for the Ivory Chapel in the East Shroud (Teleport to Hawthorne Hut and hike or ride through the Bramble. There's a path that leads north past Larkscall).
2. MEETUP: It's recommended that everybody try to show up roughly 10-20 minutes before hand. It's not possible to get in once the show has started alas.
3. ATTIRE: Whatever you feel like wearing. I'm twitching this so look your best. If you want to wear formal attire lots of good options exist. The MGP gear (particularly the Riviera stuff), Best Man gear, Bridesmaids gear, High House stuff, etc. Grand Company uniforms are also great imho.
4. RECEPTION: We're not gonna eat up any time past the ceremony but her and I are probably going to do the ceremonial dungeon Honeymoon run. We haven't decided what yet, either gonna do a dungeon, or maybe just hit up Gold Saucer. Still working that out but if you want to join us on a dungeon run if we do it that's cool, otherwise that's more for us.

Hope you all can make it, if not no big deal we're twitching it anyways so ya'll can see. Thanks guys!
Thanked by:
Flare (07/11/2017)