The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Site, Forums, Staff & Projects > Active Projects & Events

Active Projects & Events Discussion on current TLS projects

Old 06/21/2017   #166
Jason Tandro

Round 5: Dungeon Master

Round Options

Character Quick Start - Want to join in this game? Here's the quick guide to making your character.

1. Come up with your character details: Name, Race, Homeworld, Backstory.

2. Choose a job from here.

3. PM me with your information and I will make up a character sheet for you and you can join in during the next round! It's that simple!

====

DUNGEON: GALBADIAN MISSILE BASE RUINS; SHARD

YouTube Video

The speed drops and you lay down a barrage of mines. They might not stop it outright, but they'll sure as hell deal heavy damage to it. The Tunnel Armor doesn't even try to evade as it barrels over the mines without slowing down. That said, you notice the hull is severely breached.

The Tunnel Armor is within range to use its gatling guns and fires on the APC. The bullets graze against the hull but they're certainly not harmless.

Code:
- APC uses Mines! 
- Battle Formula: 1d100+50 (Roll: 81) 
- APC deals 131 damage to Tunnel Armor

- Tunnel Armor in small-arms range!

- Tunnel Armor uses Gatling Gun!
- Battle Formula: 1d20+10 (Roll: 9)
- Tunnel Armor deals 19 damage to APC.

Tunnel Armor
Class: Tank
HP: 219 / 350

VS

APC
Class: DPS
HP: 81 / 100

Distance From Deling City: 4 km.
Distance Ahead of Tunnel Armor: .25 km
Current Speed: .75 km/ turn

1) Chain Gun (1d100 damage)
2) Scatter Mines (1d100+50 damage, will slow to deploy) (Cooldown: 2 Turns)
3) Fuel Flare (3d20 damage, will speed up)

DUNGEON: TOMB OF THE UNKNOWN KING; VELKAMOS

YouTube Video

You draw the attention of Gilgamesh while the others prepare a counter strategy. Gilgamesh doesn't seem too happy about it either, and makes some loutish comment about your mother's species and the berry-like scent of your father.

Code:
- Quistis uses Acid Breath! (SPD: 19) 
- Battle Formula: 1d20 + Meltdown (Roll: 7)
- Quistis deals 7 damage to Gilgamesh
- Gilgamesh inflicted with Meltdown.

- Sergeant Ghol casts Protect on Velkamos! (SPD: 17)
- Velkamos gains Protect!

- Gilgamesh uses Hype Up!
- Battle Formula: 1d6 ALL + Haste (Roll: 2)
- Gilgamesh deals 2 damage to all!  
- Gilgamesh has Haste!

- Velkamos uses Provoke on Gilgamesh!
- Gilgamesh is angered! 
- Gilgamesh focuses his anger on Velkamos!

Gilgamesh (Haste - 3 Turns) (Meltdown - 3 Turns)
HP: 93 / 100

VS

Quistis
Class: SeeD (DPS)
HP: 43/ 45

Sergeant Ghol
Class: Medic (Heal)
HP: 24 / 26

Velkamos (Protect - 3 Turns)
Class: Knight (Tank)
HP: 54 /56

Velkamos Character Sheet

Jason Tandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Clement Rage (06/21/2017), Flare (06/21/2017)
Old 06/21/2017   #167
Clement Rage

"Hey, turn on the radio!" Shard called, feeling that the situation called for suitably tense chase music. In another universe, the writer was head bobbing already.

He could see the mines had damaged their pursuers, but the enemy tank was, understandably enough, built like a tank, and was able to take it without losing speed. They were then treated to a barrage of enemy counterfire, So far, the Galbadian armour had held out, but there was damage too, too much to take at this distance. They needed to put some space between them if they wanted to stay alive.

"Okay folks, let's leave this tank in our dust. Fuel Flare!"
Flare (06/22/2017), Jason Tandro (06/22/2017)
Old 06/26/2017   #168
Jason Tandro

Bumpity bump
Thanked by:
Flare (06/26/2017)
Old 06/27/2017   #169
Flare

Velkamos laughed at Gilgamesh's 'insults'. Until he called him a giant lizard.

"What did you call me?!?" he growled, before swiping his greatsword through the air, aiming at Gilgamesh.

He tried to remind himself that he was supposed to be provoking Gilgamesh, not the other way around. But lizard? That was going to far. Ignorant Hume!

Action taken: Deathblow
Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Clement Rage (07/08/2017)
Old 06/27/2017   #170
Jason Tandro

Round Options

Character Quick Start - Want to join in this game? Here's the quick guide to making your character.

3. PM me with your information and I will make up a character sheet for you and you can join in during the next round! It's that simple!

====

YouTube Video

The radio crackles to life and you instantly regret your snarky comment - you had forgotten how far out into the sticks you were. As an insufferable banjo line twangs along the APC jolts forward lighting the quarter mile stretch behind you. In fact, you might say your Greased Lightning was burning up the quarter mile.

This doesn't deter the Tunnel Armor itself per se, but apparently the heat was too much for one of the crew to take and you see a Ghoul leap out of the Tunnel Armor and run away from the flames.

Zell wrote: We might actually pull this off!
Zell's pronouncement is cut short by a launching of Tunnel Armor's primary weapon, a long-range laser used for drilling through stone. The shot goes wide, but even so its effect on the hull is noteworthy. You make a mental note not to let yourself get too far ahead of the Tunnel Armor lest it have an easier time correcting its aim.

You see up in the distance ahead a few friendly vehicles heading your way. It would seem Deling City has called out a couple of cavalry units to help you out of this jam. They should be within firing range of the Tunnel Armor in just a moment. Over your radio you hear a friendly voice.

Captain Mertz wrote: Hey we saw that thing pop out of the ruins after you. Figured you could use a hand. Just get that thing in range of our gauss cannon and we'll make short work of it!
Selphie wrote: Yeah, as long as it doesn't tear us to shreds first.
Code:
- APC uses Fuel Flare!
- Battle Formula: 3d20 (Roll: 39) 
- APC deals 39 damage to Tunnel Armor

- Tunnel Armor is out of small-arms range!
- Tunnel Armor is approaching primary weapon range! 

- Tunnel Armor uses Drill Beam!
- Battle Formula: 2d20 (Roll: 21)
- Tunnel Armor deals 21 damage to APC.

Tunnel Armor
Class: Tank
HP: 190 / 350

VS

APC
HP: 60 / 100

Distance From Deling City: 3.25 km.
Distance Ahead of Tunnel Armor: .5 km
Current Speed: 1 km/ turn

1) Chain Gun (1d100 damage)
2) Scatter Mines (1d100+50 damage, will slow to deploy) (Cooldown: 1 Turns)
3) Fuel Flare (3d20 damage, will speed up)

YouTube Video

Gilgamesh wrote: You're all pretty strong. Doesn't matter. I've got a few tricks up my sleeve!
With this sudden pronouncement, Gilgamesh removes his red cloak to reveal an additional six arms, each brandishing a different manner of weapon... though three of his arms appear to be made out of cardboard.

Quistis wrote: What's with the fake arms?
Gilgamesh wrote: They're not fake! They're my ultra powerful Fists of the North Box!
Sergeant Ghol wrote: They're not moving.
Gilgamesh wrote: Yes! Rock steady. Calm as I am calm in battle.
Quistis wrote: You already have five arms, that's pretty cool, you don't have to add more.
Gilgamesh wrote: You dare mock my fists of fury?! You shall pay with your arms! And then your life!
Sergeant Ghol wrote: Because you need our arms to replace your fake ones?
Gilgamesh wrote: Shut up!!!!
Code:
- Gilgamesh uses Furious Flurry on Velkamos! (Haste)
- Battle Formula: 1d12 + 6 + Berserk - Enemy DEF Mod: (Roll: 9) 
- Velkamos DEF (20/4) = DEF Mod: 5
- Velkamos has Protect = DEF Modx2: 10
- Gilgamesh deals 5 damage to Velkamos!
- Berserk Chance (Roll: 2)
- No status affliction.  

- Quistis attacks with her chain whip! (SPD: 19) 
- Battle Formula: 1d12 + 8 (Roll: 5) - Enemy DEF Mod
- Gilamesh DEF (10/4) = DEF Mod: 2
- Gilgamesh inflicted with Meltdown, DEF Mod ignored. 
- Quistis deals 13 damage to Gilgamesh

- Sergeant Ghol casts Protect on himself! (SPD: 17)
- Sergeant Ghol gains Protect!

- Velkamos uses Deathblow on Gilgamesh!
- Battle Formula: 2d12 (Roll: 19)
- Velkamos deals 19 damage to Gilgamesh!

Gilgamesh (Haste - 2 Turns) (Meltdown - 2 Turns)
HP: 61 / 100

VS

Quistis
Class: SeeD (DPS)
HP: 43/ 45

Sergeant Ghol (Protect - 3 Turns)
Class: Medic (Heal)
HP: 24 / 26

Velkamos (Protect - 2 Turns)
Class: Knight (Tank)
HP: 49 /56

Velkamos Character Sheet

Thanked by 2:
Clement Rage (07/08/2017), Flare (07/08/2017)
Old 07/08/2017   #171
Clement Rage

(Sorry. Computer trouble, I'm not going to be in contact much for a while. Go ahead and keep going without me if I disappear. Also, that banjo is actually pretty great)

"GLORY TO GALBADIA!" Shard screamed over the radio as the cavalry arrived. At least one Ghoul ran away, which cut down on their problems a bit. But they still had to hold off the Tunnel armour that long, and right now it was lining up perfectly with his sights.

Action: Chain Gun
Flare (07/08/2017), Jason Tandro (07/08/2017)
Old 07/08/2017   #172
Flare

(Oh my god I didn't realize you posted an update so long ago O___O Thanks Clement for inadvertently reminding me! Also hope your computer trouble is fixed quickly. )

"What the hell are you, an overgrown spider?" Velkamos cackled at Gilgamesh when he saw the extra arms. He started wheezing when he noticed 3 were cardboard.

"You dare mock my fists of fury?! You shall pay with your arms! And then your life!" Gilgameszh retorted, brow furrowing in what looked to be a thunderous anger.

"You couldn't handle my arms, they're much to strong for an insect wannabe like you," Velkamos smirked, shrugging as he added to Quistis and Ghol's own withering comments.

"Shut up!!!!"

Velkamos plowed through Gilgamesh, getting behind him, but not before he whacked off a cardboard arm for good measure. Then he whirled around for another Deathblow strike.

Actions taken: Deathblow..... and assaulting a cardboard arm.
Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Clement Rage (07/12/2017)
Old 07/12/2017   #173
Clement Rage

Back online, btw.
Flare (07/13/2017)
Old 07/12/2017   #174
Jason Tandro

(Sorry had a million other things going on. I'll try to update this tonight!)
Thanked by:
Flare (07/13/2017)
Old 07/18/2017   #175
Jason Tandro

Round Options

====

YouTube Video

You get within range of the Galbadian artillery and the Tunnel Armor begins to slow down, even with you peppering it with Chain Gun fire. It does little good though as the mortars and Mertz's own Gauss Cannon blow the wretched thing to kingdom come in a coordinated strike.

Zell wrote: Damn. That was quite the finale.
==VICTORY!==
Code:
Shard's Job Level increased to Level 3!
Shard Learned Arrow To The Knee (A.T.T.K)

Shard gained 250 EXP.
Shard Level increased to 3!
Shard stats increased!  HP, MP, STR, INT, DEF, SPD, LCK

Shard gained 1,500 Gil!

Shard gained:
Armor: Galbadian Armor Mod (AC:5)
Helm: Galbadian Sniper Sight (AC:3,  100% Accuracy on Ranged Attacks)
Boots: Galbadian Speed Shoes (AC:1, Immune to Slow/Stop)
Shard's Character Sheet

Captain Mertz wrote: Well I think you've effectively dealt with our Ghoul problem, even if you had to get a bit of help. Here are the armor mods as promised.
Mertz hands over your gear and then eyes the APC and your two new "comrades" suspiciously.

Captain Mertz wrote: You're SeeD members right?
Selphie wrote: Yup yup!
Captain Mertz wrote: Maybe I can recruit you guys on this upcoming mission of ours. You heard about our little train bandits right?
Zell wrote: If the price is right we can help you out.
Captain Mertz wrote: Interesting. Well head on over to Caraway Manor and we'll arrange the details. Shard, if you're interested you should head on over too whenever you are ready, but if you need to outfit yourself first I understand. Just head to Caraway Manor when you are ready.
The group disperses and you find yourself back in Deling City. (See Deling City at bottom of the post).

YouTube Video

The final flurry of attacks lands Gilgamesh flat on his back. He waves his arms around emphatically (real and fake alike) and clasps his own severed cardboard one in self-defense.

Gilgamesh wrote: I...I was just messing with you! Don't have to take things so seriously, you try hards!
And with that Gilgamesh disappears in a flash of smoke, leaving you three stunned as to what the hell just happened.

Sergeant Ghol wrote: I feel... vaguely sorry for that strange man.
Quistis wrote: He obviously has some personal problems. Anyway let's grab the treaties and head back to Orlo.
==VICTORY!==

Code:
Velkamos Job Level increases to Level 3!
Velkamos learns Stoneskin!

Velkamos gained 250 EXP!
Velkamos Level increased to 4!
Velkamos stats increased!  HP, MP, STR, INT, DEF, SPD, LCK

Velkamos gained 1500 Gil!

Velkamos gained: 
Royal Greatsword (1d20+6) [Two-Handed] [Undead Killer]
Helm: Circlet of the Unsent (AC: 2) [Meltdown Immunity: 50%]
Boots: Abshak’s Sandals (AC: 2)
Velkamos Character Sheet

You return to Orlo who looks over the documents thoroughly. He seems disheartened at first.

Orlo wrote: Quite an arcane bit of writing. Our ancestors enjoyed speech as much as we do, and nothing is spelled out so clearly.
He continues to read on for a few more minutes before setting the scrolls down and looking pleased for the first time in what felt like ages, considering the perils of the mission.

Orlo wrote: It is all here. They certainly did not believe in keeping things concise but the agreements are all in order. Whether or not my village elders believe it is the right thing to do, I must present this information to them and allow the entire tribe to act upon it. I shall present my case as well as I can, and that's all I can do for now.
Quistis wrote: I hope things work out for you Orlo.
Orlo wrote: Thank you Quistis, and you Sergeant. Your help was invaluable. But especially you Velkamos. Without your aid I might not have been able to realize this dream of mine. I'll be leaving on the next train to Dollet to find a ship that will take me to the Shumi Village. Keep your fingers crossed for me.
Orlo hands you a small card.

Orlo wrote: When you are back in Deling, you can head to this special shop behind the Galbadian Archway. This guy deals in some unique Accessories and should come in handy.
Sergeant Ghol wrote: And Velkamos. We're gearing up to deal with those bandits who have been raiding our trains. Whenever you are ready we'd like for you to meet us at Caraway Manor. You too Quistis. But be sure you're geared up first!
You bid farewell to the others and return to Deling City. (See Deling City at the bottom of this post)

DELING CITY

The city does apparently sleep at sometimes and it's the wee hours of the morning. The bars have closed and the Galbadian Hotel is only accepting patrons to sleep. A few 24 Hour Shops remain open however.

You can shop, rest up and then head to Caraway Manor to prepare for the final mission.

Secret Accessory Shop; Velkamos

Skeevy Looking Delingite wrote: You want wares? You got gil?
  • Blue Cape [Auto-Protect] - 1000 Gil
  • Red Cartouche [Auto-Haste] - 1200 Gil
  • Green Brooch [Auto-Regen; Potency: 4 HP/Turn] - 1500 Gil
  • Fire Pin [STR+3] - 500 Gil
  • Wizard's Talisman [INT+3] - 500 Gil

Secret Mod Shop; Shard

Requisition's Officer wrote: How's it going? What can I get you? These Mods can be made to your weapon to give them a permanent boost. We also have a couple Underbarrels that give you a second shot type, but you can only have one.
  • Weapon Mod: Firepower [+5 Damage, Permanent] - 800 Gil
  • Weapon Mod: Dirty Rounds [Poison: 50% Permanent] - 700 Gil
  • Weapon Mod: Incendiary Rounds [+3 DMG, Fire Damage] - 900 Gil
  • Weapon Mod: Tranq Rounds Underbarrel (Additional Shot Type) - [0 DMG, 75% Sleep Chance] - 1000 Gil
  • Weapon Mod: Masterkey (Additional Shot Type) - [1d20+9 Grenade, 2 Rounds per Battle] - 1500 Gil

Thanked by:
Flare (07/18/2017)
Old 07/18/2017   #176
Clement Rage

(Did the numbers stack or did you just get bored, Jason?)

"Now that's what I call backup!" Shard screamed, as the cavalry arrived and instantly squashed their pursuers.

Not like these other two screwups. Damned mercs.

Incredibly, he even got paid despite the army doing all the work! This town was awesome!

"It's an honour to wear your colours, sir." he said to Captain Mertz, trying his best at the Galbadian military salute. "What do we do with the APC?"
Flare (07/21/2017), Jason Tandro (07/19/2017)
Old 07/19/2017   #177
Jason Tandro

(Oh they stacked. I expected it to last about one more round but the Gauss Cannon rolled a crit and ended up dealing 115 damage by itself (1d100, but on the hit check it landed a 20 which means 1.5x damage and you rolled a 77 on the hit), and with your Chain gun toppling for another 43 I figured no point in stalling the inevitable.

Edit: Conversely, Flare's fight was going to end this round because it wasn't a fight to the death - besides there might be a callback to that character.)

Captain Mertz wrote: The APC? It's Galbadian Tech, we'll probably just refurbish it and put it back into circulation. I'm surprised the weapons were still online after all these years.
Old 07/19/2017   #178
Clement Rage

(Cheers)

It wasn't a surprise, but was still disappointing that he didn't get to keep the armoured car.

"Pleasure working with you, sir."

Job done, he returned to Deling city, where Shard paid a visit to his new secret mod shop. The wares were nice, but of them he elected to pick the Tranquiliser Shots (They'd be useful if that panhandling dude showed up again).

That done, he hired a room in the Galbadian Hotel for the night to rest and equip his new gear.

Actions: Bought Tranq Rounds Underbarrel
Equipped:Armor: Galbadian Armor Mod (AC:5)
Helm: Galbadian Sniper Sight (AC:3, 100% Accuracy on Ranged Attacks)
Boots: Galbadian Speed Shoes (AC:1, Immune to Slow/Stop)
Hired room at Inn.