The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Site, Forums, Staff & Projects > Feedback, Suggestions & Questions

Feedback, Suggestions & Questions Need help or have suggestions for TLS? Post here.

Closed Thread

Old 08/11/2017   #1
Jason Tandro
Default Signature Not Showing

So I've tried a few different versions, jpg and png and made sure that it matches the requirements but it's not showing up. It'll let me set it but it won't show up in posts. I'm doing this whole "Filthy Frank" thing and without the sig the avatar doesn't make as much sense. Any ideas? Thanks.

Edit: Well nevermind then, I guess it just popped up. That was... odd.

Consider the issue resolved lol.
Old 08/12/2017   #2
Cthulhu

Thanked by 2:
Chloe Frazer (08/12/2017), Jason Tandro (08/12/2017)
Old 08/13/2017   #3
Cthulhu

Also could you like, not have suicide / antifa shit in your avatar / signature please?
Old 08/13/2017   #4
Jason Tandro

Cthulhu wrote: Also could you like, not have suicide / antifa shit in your avatar / signature please?
It is a man who killed 6 million jews killing himself and a statement against those who would see his vision come to fruition.

If that's a violation of board rules then so be it, I'll remove them from my signature, but let's be clear that is what you are asking me to remove.

Edit: Updated.

Edit 2: Updated again. Hopefully this will be seen as a happy medium between the two.

Last edited by Jason Tandro; 08/13/2017 at 01:55 AM.
Old 08/13/2017   #5
Pixel

Not that it's against the rules, it's just unnecessary for the nice environment we have here. Like preaching to the choir I guess. And imagery like that on either side is just a bit confrontational. And clashes with my beautiful l33t graphics.

Just steer clear of suicide imagery. It just hits a bit close to home for some people. Hope you understand.
Old 08/13/2017   #6
Jason Tandro

Hello again, Pixel. I swear you haven't been so interested in my affairs until lately. I wonder why that is.

Old 08/13/2017   #7
Pixel

Um wut?
Old 08/13/2017   #8
Jason Tandro

Nothing, boss.

Anyways, Yop, I've removed any potentially offensive imagery and my avatar and sig are nice and friendly now, unless you happen to have unpleasant memories of Wolfenstein.
Old 08/13/2017   #9
Cthulhu

Only that we were stuck with the demo for a long time

Thanks for changing it; it's not against board rules and I didn't request it from a position of authority. Also what Pixel said, preaching to the choir.
Thanked by:
Jason Tandro (08/13/2017)
Old 08/13/2017   #10
Alex Strife

I guess I'm going to be the one to say it (and probably get in trouble for it), but I don't think all this passive-aggressive behaviour you're showing is good for anyone, JT.

Yes, I'm calling you on it even though that might be seen as rude and callous from my part, considering your situation. But consider this; I'm busy lately and I'm not here on as much as I would like to and yet I easily come across you being snarky towards others.

I'm not even judging anything sig-related since I did not see it to begin with. But I think you can simply disagree without the passive-aggressiveness.

You've generally been a cool guy and I can appreciate that you care a lot for those you hold dear. I find that noble. But I don't think anyone (you included) enjoys the bickering. Don't you think?

(If this is just a joke and you're responding in jest, consider myself ridiculed but I get the opposite impression actually.)
Old 08/13/2017   #11
Jason Tandro

What in the hell are you talking about apart from my not even concealed snarkiness towards Pixel? I was upset that I was asked to remove anti-nazi sig and responded directly to Yop.

Edit: If you are referring to my sarcasm toward Godot in my apology post, yeah I find useless self-righteousness irritating but didn't want to make a big deal out of it.

The transition thread is necessary since,I remember when I took over CM i was asking for all the help I could get.

I posted the latest FFX chapter, Kionaes Member Reborn and been ranting about,Trump,and the nazi scum who killed and injured,several of my neighbors. I think hating Nazis is a good thing.

What irritates me is that I am really just trying to move on with shit but every two seconds somebody wants to tell me "hey youre a piece of shit." So care to be a bit more specific?

Last edited by Jason Tandro; 08/13/2017 at 09:45 PM.
Old 08/13/2017   #12
Addy Carver

I think your aggressive opening to Alex says it all TBH. You've been acting like a cunt since you got called out for the doxxing post and the anti-Nazi stuff just seems like a very convenient outlet for your ire because it's an understandable viewpoint. However, telling people to kill themselves/die because you disagree with their viewpoint puts you on a par with fascists, can't you see that?

As for useless self-righteousness, I refer you to every Facebook post you've made in the last twenty four hours.
Thanked by 2:
Alex Strife (08/13/2017), Omega (08/13/2017)
Old 08/13/2017   #13
Alex Strife

Jason Tandro wrote: What irritates me is that I am really just trying to move on with shit but every two seconds somebody wants to tell me "hey youre a piece of shit." So care to be a bit more specific?
So what you are saying is just because you are trying to move on with shit, we should all ignore if there's anything you do that's not correct? That you should get a free pass? I'm sorry but I don't think that makes any sense.

Also, don't go all drama queen on me here because I didn't say or imply you're a piece of shit, thank you very much.

As for me being more specific:

Jason Tandro wrote: Yeah I know what you mean. I don't condone cheating with a married man either.
Omega called you out on something and you basically went full-snark by reusing the same expression he had used before while attacking what someone else did to defend yourself. Dick move, dude. Just because what that guy did was wrong, it doesn't make whatever you do any less wrong. Responding all "oh yeah, what I did was wrong? Well that guy did worse" does you quite a big disservice here. Quite a shame because I felt your opening message on that thread was both honest and respectful, not ignoring the fact yout felt aggravated but accepting you might have been wrong somewhere. You may not have wanted to make a big deal out of it but you clearly wanted to leave the answer there. The moment you write something, you should accept the consequences that can come with it. Just as I did right here despite the fact that I hate conflict and that I have literally no problem at all with you. I can think of one single situation where we had a disagreement in the past and it was handled well, I feel.

And then there's this very thread, where you overreacted. Yes, reacting with the snark you had over a signature is way too much, really. I hope those are valid examples for what I'm trying to say here. And for the record, I am NOT saying you are a "piece of shit". Maybe I'm trying to let you know where I think you are not doing well so that you can do better and successfully move on.

Regarding the Trump thread, I don't think anything there is too out of line to be completely honest with you. Though I continue to get the impression there that you're in quite an emotional mood and you react strongly to many things now. Just a feeling I get from what I read. Could be completely wrong. The point being that violence towards an openly racist group is still violence and it's not exactly the best course of action. It puts you at basically the same level as them. If you feel it is (understandable, I suppose), at least don't speak as if those who oppose that view are idiots.

That said, and I'm being completely frank, if you feel I should not bring this up anymore, let me know and I will make sure I do mention anything like this in the future. I am trying to help, not fight.
Old 08/13/2017   #14
Jason Tandro

Shub Niggurath wrote: I think your aggressive opening to Alex says it all TBH. You've been acting like a cunt since you got called out for the doxxing post and the anti-Nazi stuff just seems like a very convenient outlet for your ire because it's an understandable viewpoint. However, telling people to kill themselves/die because you disagree with their viewpoint puts you on a par with fascists, can't you see that?

As for useless self-righteousness, I refer you to every Facebook post you've made in the last twenty four hours.
No I am mad at nazis who killed people ten minutes from where I live. That's not being self righteous that's having a moral center.

And yeah I am annoyed that I keep getting told "you're shit" for something I already owned and apologized for.
Old 08/13/2017   #15
Alex Strife

Jason Tandro wrote: And yeah I am annoyed that I keep getting told "you're shit" for something I already owned and apologized for.
I didn't tell you that you're shit. And if you apologise for something and continue to behave in the same way, what purpose did the apology serve in the first place?

You're proving my point. I tell you that you're being way too snarky and you blow everything out of proportion.