The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Final Fantasy > Neo Final Fantasy (VIII - XV)

Neo Final Fantasy (VIII - XV) Discussion area for all Final Fantasy titles after Final Fantasy VII.

Old 08/07/2017   #2206
Omega

AvecAloes wrote: Good lord! I don't think I got very far with any of the Relic weapons, not even for my mains >.> I did WAY more for my Anima weapons (for WHM and AST), but still didn't complete either of those. Got furthest with my WHM weapon, but stopped at that sand stage.
I realize it's no longer relevant, but you should think about continuing. They nerfed the umbrite step (what you're on) to make the poetics cost lower while doubling the sand you get per turn-in.

After that, it's light farming and then you're in the home stretch! You're very close to finishing it
Old 08/07/2017   #2207
Obsidian Fire

Yeah, the worst step in the Anima grind now is the light-farming step... which is like, the last big grind before the weapon is done. After that it's just doing all the primals on Hard.

Also... most of the weapons I've yet to do are for classes that haven't hit level cap yet. So getting the poetics needed for the weapons gives me Exp. I'm more doing zodiac weapons because I hate level grinding for the sake of level grinding and at least this way I get some impressive glamours out of it... It also gives me a lot of practice at playing classes I don't usually play in content that's not PotD or PvP...
Old 08/08/2017   #2208
Obsidian Fire

4.06 Patch Notes out!

Quick and Dirty Version

Dragoon: Potency increases across the board (so long as you can hit your positionals). Heavy Thrust potency is increased from 100 to 140. Fang and Claw and Wheeling Thrust potencies are increased from 200 to 250. Chaos Thrust combo potency is increased from 220 to 230 but it's potency if hit from the rear out of combo was decreased from 150 to 140.

Ninja: Aeolian Edge combo potency is increased from 260 to 280 but it's potency if hit from the rear out of combo was decreased from 180 to 160.

TLDR: Fang and Claw, Wheeling Thrust, Chaos Thrust and Aeolian Edge do the same amount if hit from the rear in a combo chain as they currently do. You're just not punished as bad if you don't hit the positional so long as they're part of a combo chain. Doing them out of a combo chain with a correct positional gives less damage then it used to... which most people who know how the game works don't do anyway... So this is really just for the times you can't hit the positional...

Bard: Straight Shot's effect length was increased from 20 sec to 30 sec. Barage's CD was decreased from 90 sec to 80 sec. Mage's Ballad, Army's Paeon, and The Wanderer's Minuet were all given the Aetherflow treatment; the song effect will always happen even if the initial attack deals no damage.

Machinist: Hot Shot's effect length was increased from 30 sec to 60 sec. Dismantle's CD was decreased from 90 sec to 60 sec. Flamethrower increases the Heat Gauge twice as fast as it used to. The damage increase from an overheated Gauss Barrel was increased from 10% to 20%. It'll be interesting to see if the 20% damage increase manages to make up for the 10 sec Gauss Barrel lockout on overheat...

Summoner: Bio III and Miasma III DOT potency has been increased from 40 to 50. Functionally speaking, Bio and Miasma III get 10 ticks per cast, so it's really a potency increase from 400 to 500. It just takes 30 sec to get it all off.

Um... yey? I've just literally never seen anyone complain about Bio III and Miasma III needing a potency increase. For comparison's sake, Bio III now does more potency then Deathflare does (500 vs 440). Actually, if it's cast in DWT it now does 10 potency more damage then Ahk Morn (550 vs. 540). And Bio III and Miasma III were already 20% of Summoner's overall damage... now they're even more... so much for Summoner being a burst class...

Other Stuff

Ixion's horn drops were tripled. So it now takes two Gold FATEs to get the mount or three silver FATEs.

Last edited by Obsidian Fire; 08/08/2017 at 05:25 AM.
Obsidian Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Jason Tandro (08/08/2017)
Old 08/08/2017   #2209
Lex

Was not expecting more potency buffs for dragoon. Excellent news.

Especially for me, by the awesome GLD!
Serving legendaries with mah Pokécrew.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Omega (08/08/2017)
Old 08/08/2017   #2210
Flintlock

The Engineer wrote: 4.06 Patch Notes out!

Quick and Dirty Version

Dragoon: Potency increases across the board (so long as you can hit your positionals). Heavy Thrust potency is increased from 100 to 140. Fang and Claw and Wheeling Thrust potencies are increased from 200 to 250. Chaos Thrust combo potency is increased from 220 to 230 but it's potency if hit from the rear out of combo was decreased from 150 to 140.

Ninja: Aeolian Edge combo potency is increased from 260 to 280 but it's potency if hit from the rear out of combo was decreased from 180 to 160.

TLDR: Fang and Claw, Wheeling Thrust, Chaos Thrust and Aeolian Edge do the same amount if hit from the rear in a combo chain as they currently do. You're just not punished as bad if you don't hit the positional so long as they're part of a combo chain. Doing them out of a combo chain with a correct positional gives less damage then it used to... which most people who know how the game works don't do anyway... So this is really just for the times you can't hit the positional...
The two sentences in bold kinda contradict each other, don't you think? The second one is correct – if a NIN or DRG is doing their optimal rotation with correct positionals then these changes don't make any difference at all.
Flintlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Lex (08/08/2017), Omega (08/08/2017)
Old 08/08/2017   #2211
Omega

dat heavy thrust tho
Old 08/08/2017   #2212
Lex

^That's only when not hitting the positional.

I mean overall there's a potency buff of +10 in Chaos Thrust and that's it, but these buffs will be really helpful in the likes of O2S where True North is on Cooldown because there are many many times when you just can't hit positionals in there (and other savage fights).

Thanked by:
Obsidian Fire (08/08/2017)
Old 08/09/2017   #2213
Omega

that's what I said
Old 08/09/2017   #2214
Lex

O3S CLEARED

DRG LEGS DROPPED

Honestly still shaking. What a ride that fight is.

Thanked by 6:
AvecAloes (08/10/2017), Chloe Frazer (08/10/2017), Cthulhu (08/11/2017), Jason Tandro (08/10/2017), Obsidian Fire (08/10/2017), Omega (08/10/2017)
Old 08/10/2017   #2215
Jason Tandro

Just occurred to me that Limsa is now officially the best starting town as it is the only starter town to support a tank, ranged dps, melee dps and now since you dont need two,classes to,get your job healer too.

As if there was ever a doubt.
Jason Tandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Flare (08/10/2017)
Old 08/10/2017   #2216
JechtShotMK9

Jason Tandro wrote: Just occurred to me that Limsa is now officially the best starting town as it is the only starter town to support a tank, ranged dps, melee dps and now since you dont need two,classes to,get your job healer too.

As if there was ever a doubt.
Psh...everybody knows Dragoons are the best at tanking....THE FLOOR!

#GridaniaForLyfe
JechtShotMK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
AvecAloes (08/10/2017), Flare (08/10/2017), Jason Tandro (08/10/2017)
Old 08/10/2017   #2217
Jason Tandro

Dragoons. We played dead before it was cool.
Jason Tandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
AvecAloes (08/10/2017), JechtShotMK9 (08/10/2017)
Old 08/11/2017   #2218
lithiumkatana17

Hokay, so if no one has been in the Discord chat lately, then I'll state it here: I just started playing XIV on the trial thing they still got going. Finally downloaded the patch without getting any errors.

Haven't done much yet; still running around my city doing stupid fetch quests and stuff. The only problem I foresee is getting used to this menu/interface. I've never played an MMO before, so this is all brand new to me.

So far, the best thing that has happened to me is when I finished up a quest in the adventurer's guild and I rotate the camera and--

*Discord chat*
Me: What the--who are these people dancing on the table?
Flare: That's us!
Me: Who?!
Flare: That's me, Flint, and Kimble!

I think a part of me just died from happiness and laughter. TLS folks dancing on a table behind me, waiting for the n00b to finish her quest and show off with their fancy trickses and showwy skillz.

I've got a long way to go. Can't promise I'll stick around for long periods of time; I'm still balls deep in Zodiac Age and have another game on the docket right behind that one. But it has certainly been interesting so far.

Lith and Kimble on Lith's promotion wrote: Kimble: With great power--
Lith: COMES GREAT FUCKERY!
Kimble: ...we're doomed.
X-SOLDIER wrote: Lith lives in the land of perpetual salt.
2017 1st Place Winner of Most Likely To Burn A Mountain Village Down Upon Discovering That They Are The Product Of A Science Experiment

lithiumkatana17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 7:
Chloe Frazer (08/11/2017), Flare (08/11/2017), Flintlock (08/11/2017), ForceStealer (09/02/2017), Lex (08/13/2017), Omega (08/11/2017), Tennyo (08/11/2017)
Old 08/11/2017   #2219
Flintlock

I think this:
lithiumkatana17 wrote: waiting for the n00b to finish her quest and show off with their fancy trickses and showwy skillz
is basically a TLS tradition now. Everyone wants a look at the fresh meat new player.
Flintlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Chloe Frazer (08/11/2017), Flare (08/11/2017), lithiumkatana17 (08/11/2017), Obsidian Fire (08/11/2017), Omega (08/11/2017)
Old 08/11/2017   #2220
Flare

I'll admit, waiting for Lith like that gave me a lovely flashback to when I first started and Flint and Carlie were waiting for me in a very similar manner (and waiting in the wrong room initially! ) It felt really fun to do it for you Lith. <3
Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Chloe Frazer (08/11/2017), Flintlock (08/11/2017), Jason Tandro (08/11/2017), lithiumkatana17 (08/11/2017)