The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Entertainment

Entertainment Poast about movies, television, animé, books, and pyrotechnics in the distance here. Music topics go in The Venue.

Old 10/14/2015   #1
X-SOLDIER
Default Alita: Battle Angel (Live Action Film)

Apparently James Cameron's getting Robert Rodriguez to direct a live action adaptation of the manga, so I guess we can just wait and see how it turns out.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
looneymoon (12/08/2017)
Old 10/15/2015   #2
Lex

I expect good things if Robert Rodriguez is directing.

Especially for me, by the awesome GLD!
Serving legendaries with mah Pokécrew.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (10/15/2015)
Old 10/15/2015   #3
X-SOLDIER

Same. I quite enjoy his films and his style, and hopefully because Cameron's nuts about Alita in general, they'll figure out how to do a non-shite adaptation of an anime (unlike seemingly everyone else).

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

Old 10/15/2015   #4
Lex

As a human being I utterly despise James Cameron, but I'm a long time fan of Titanic and I loved Avatar. Having said that, while they're both epic, they suffer terribly from TL;DR.

Here's hoping Cameron's hand in the movie (and therefore boss-ship over Robert Rodriguez) isn't quite as Stalin-esque as every single person whose ever worked with him has made him out to be, because the movie will suffer.

Especially for me, by the awesome GLD!
Serving legendaries with mah Pokécrew.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Alex Strife (10/15/2015), X-SOLDIER (10/15/2015)
Old 10/15/2015   #5
Channy

Wasn't this kind of old-ish news? I remember reading about a LA adaptation of it a while ago... but maybe the addition of Rodriguez is what's new. Hrm...

So, why do you come here?
Same as you, I think. I've been here a lot...
You must have a lot going on your mind, I suppose.
Yeah, but I'd rather have nothing for a change. How do you do it?
Well, it comes with practice. I can think of nothing.
I do not feel the need to occupy my mind with nonsense, just to avoid thinking about what really matters.

Channy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Claymore (10/26/2015), Hisako (10/15/2015)
Old 10/15/2015   #6
X-SOLDIER

At least the officialization and collaboration with RR is brand new.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
Hisako (10/15/2015)
Old 10/15/2015   #7
Hisako

Yeah I remember reading about this a couple years back while searching "anime/manga film adaptations" or summat and Battle Angel by James Cameron was one of them (similar to "Ghost in the Shell by Steven Spielberg" lolol)

Good to see these things coming out of the woodwork... I think?

RIP in peace old sig lolol 04/2015

Don't believe your eyes? Don't be surprised.

Hisako is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (10/15/2015)
Old 10/15/2015   #8
Interslicery

I think the new's always been floating around. Hasn't he been wanting to make a Battle Angel movie since the 90s?

Interslicery is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Claymore (10/26/2015), Literally Who? (10/15/2015), X-SOLDIER (10/15/2015)
Old 10/15/2015   #9
Literally Who?

Interslicery wrote: I think the new's always been floating around. Hasn't he been wanting to make a Battle Angel movie since the 90s?
Yeah I was literally a child when I first read about the James Cameron Battle Angel movie lol.

Good to see some new news on this though.
Literally Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (10/15/2015)
Old 10/26/2015   #10
Claymore

Interslicery wrote: I think the new's always been floating around. Hasn't he been wanting to make a Battle Angel movie since the 90s?
This. He has been promising it for decades. The last I heard he promised to 'look into it' after Avatar 2 and 3 were done. Glad there's a director attached now at least.

I never read the manga but I loved the anime when I was younger. This could be epic.
Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (10/26/2015)
Old 12/08/2017   #11
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 2:
Claymore (12/08/2017), The Twilight Mexican (12/09/2017)
Old 12/08/2017   #12
Claymore

Really weird choice of a soundtrack for the trailer ... but yeah, as a fan of the anime, I can't help but feel hyped by that.
Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (12/09/2017), X-SOLDIER (12/08/2017)
Old 12/08/2017   #13
Tetsujin

That creepy CG face...
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Claymore (12/08/2017), SeaDragon (12/09/2017), Super Mario (12/08/2017), The Twilight Mexican (12/09/2017)
Old 12/08/2017   #14
X-SOLDIER

It's really interesting her appearance is VERY intentionally placed into the uncanny valley, and directly addressed in the trailer with the, "Does it bother you that I'm not completely human?" Overall, I'm oddly REALLY loving the look of it the more I keep watching it.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 3:
Claymore (12/08/2017), looneymoon (12/08/2017), The Twilight Mexican (12/09/2017)
Old 12/08/2017   #15
Strangelove

the giant eyes on a realistic human face are doing me a fright, ngl
Claymore (12/09/2017), SeaDragon (12/09/2017), Super Mario (12/08/2017), Tetsujin (12/08/2017), The Twilight Mexican (12/09/2017)