The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Entertainment

Entertainment Poast about movies, television, animé, books, and pyrotechnics in the distance here. Music topics go in The Venue.

Old 10/05/2010   #1
Max Payne
Default Man of Steel / Dawn of Justice

http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/zack...ting-superman/

Looks like this just might not suck.
Max Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
looneymoon (10/06/2010), The Man (07/22/2012), The Twilight Mexican (10/07/2010), X-SOLDIER (10/05/2010)
Old 10/05/2010   #2
Tennyo

I think I remember hearing about this a long time ago. Or, at least there was something big Zack Snyder was doing a while back. Maybe it was something else, I can't remember.

Seems promising, though.
Old 10/05/2010   #3
Literally Who?

I think snyder can get it done if the script is there otherwise i smell fail.
Literally Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/05/2010   #4
Hisako

I vote Brandon Routh gets a second chance

RIP in peace old sig lolol 04/2015

Don't believe your eyes? Don't be surprised.

Hisako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/06/2010   #5
looneymoon

The character has become pretty stagnant. Snyder's hyper-stylization can only do the franchise good at this point, at least imo.

looneymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/06/2010   #6
Max Payne

looneymoon wrote: The character has become pretty stagnant. Snyder's hyper-stylization can only do the franchise good at this point, at least imo.
Eh.

The films were never anything special.

More than a few writers have done some great work with the character however. Especially Grant Morrison.
Thanked by:
The Man (07/22/2012)
Old 10/06/2010   #7
looneymoon

I'm Batman wrote: Eh.

The films were never anything special.

More than a few writers have done some great work with the character however. Especially Grant Morrison.
I was referring to the live-action portrayals Though I did enjoy Smallville for a short period of time.

I think Snyder could really do something interesting with the material in film format. I haven't seen all the Superman movies but what I've seen they've basically been doing the same thing over and over. The new one tried to do something new, but... feh.

Also kinda hoping Lex isn't the main villain =\

Old 10/06/2010   #8
Max Payne

I hate Smallville so much.

Darkseid should be the villain for maximum violence. Then again there's always Braniac, Zod, Metallo, Atomic Skull, Lobo, Parasite, hell even, lol, Bizarro.
Thanked by 4:
Cookie Monster (04/11/2011), looneymoon (10/06/2010), Mantichorus (10/16/2010), The Man (07/22/2012)
Old 10/06/2010   #9
Interslicery

If they ever use bizarro he'll just be an evil version of superman or something. no way they've have supes beat up a retard for a blockbuster summer movie

Interslicery is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 7:
Literally Who? (10/07/2010), looneymoon (10/06/2010), Makoeyes987 (10/06/2010), Mantichorus (10/16/2010), The Man (07/22/2012), The Twilight Mexican (10/07/2010), X-SOLDIER (10/06/2010)
Old 10/06/2010   #10
Max Payne

In his original appearances that's all he was.
Old 10/11/2010   #11
Pixel

I doubt thei'll use Brandon Routh again. Its a real shame because I thought he did a great job. I did like Returns, but I see what people didnt like about it.

If they recast, I'd love to see Jim Caviezel in the role.

If they wanted a Margo Kidder type Lois, Id say Courtney Cox. But I quite liked the touches of Catherine Hepburn that Kate Bosworth brought to the role, like in the animated series. Though im not sure she was right for the role, maybe too young. That what i worry about with the Natalie Portman rumours
Pixel is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Max Caulfield (11/28/2010)
Old 10/11/2010   #12
Interslicery

He could buff up, but from what I remember his frame is more on the smaller side

Interslicery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/12/2010   #13
looneymoon

I always thought of a Henry Cavill type to play Superman. If I recall correctly, I think he was rumoured a few years ago, before Returns came out.

Old 10/16/2010   #14
Cthulhu

The only thing I can add to this topic is that the Superman as depicted in the most recent movie looks very corny. I vote nay to skintight suits and underwear on the outside in live action movies... on men .

I also think live action superman only worked in the 70's and 80's.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2010   #15
Mantichorus

I'm Batman wrote: Darkseid should be the villain for maximum violence. Then again there's always Braniac, Zod, Metallo, Atomic Skull, Lobo, Parasite, hell even, lol, Bizarro.
Surely, Lobo would be even more maximum violence?

Anyway, I'd be more excited about this if Grant Morrison or James Robinson were involved with the story, but still... quietly optimistic.
To keep one step ahead of you
L.E. Modesitt, Jr wrote: Sometimes cynicism is the last refuge of the idealist.
As soon as you saw people as things to be measured, they didn't measure up.
You think water moves fast? You should see ice. It moves like it has a mind. Like it knows it killed the world once and got a taste for murder.
Gym Leader Kris sprite by Brooke

Sam Vimes arrested a dragon... and carries the law with him like an Ampharos
Vimes and PokeSammies sprite by GLD
Mantichorus is offline   Reply With Quote