The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Entertainment

Entertainment Poast about movies, television, animι, books, and pyrotechnics in the distance here. Music topics go in The Venue.

Old 06/20/2012   #901
Cloud_S

I'm just gonna leave this here....

Shademp wrote: I think we just found the explanation for all the inconsistencies with Midgar. The reason that the parts of Midgar destroyed in AC are whole again in DoC is because, well, Reeve told the city to repair itself. Glad we got that sorted out!
Final Fantasy VII G-Bike [OST]
Cloud_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 11:
Chloe Frazer (06/20/2012), ForceStealer (08/05/2012), Rumpelstiltskin (06/20/2012), Shademp (06/20/2012), Sheva Alomar (06/21/2012), Splintered (06/21/2012), Tennyo (06/22/2012), Theozilla (06/20/2012), Tifaeria (07/05/2012), Xinda (06/20/2012), Zealkin (06/20/2012)
Old 06/20/2012   #902
Alessa Gillespie

regarding bolin's development: it is really fuckin hard to see his development, especially when you see him do something notable maybe once an episode (i think the most recent thing he did was earthbending during korra's capture. besides that, it's pretty difficult to think of significant things that showed his feelings during the show). i think last episode he had a handful of lines, maybe, and those were honestly throwaway lines that you could have gagged bolin and tossed him in the back of the car and let anyone else say them.

at this point, it seems like he's taken a backseat to mako's internal korra drama and his problems with his girlfriend. is korra even gonna learn airbending this season? WHO KNOWS but maybe mako will finally realize who he likes and stop being such a jerk to asami

is daddy still a good man?
like a shotgun needs an outcome

don't trust the ones who shake with their left hand

ACKY: IM NOT A TURIAN I CANT MAEK BABBIES WITH GARRUS

Joe: NOT WITH THAT ATTITUDE

can you fight a legendary creature?

i was a TEENAGE CLAIRVOYANT
Alessa Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Chloe Frazer (06/20/2012), Splintered (06/21/2012), Tifaeria (07/05/2012), Zealkin (06/20/2012)
Old 06/20/2012   #903
Chloe Frazer

Honestly both girls attraction to Mako are shallow, there's no real reason for either of them to have feelings for him especially with his behavior. The only thing they add to the storyline is romantic plot tumor.
Old 06/20/2012   #904
Shademp

I wonder what the second "book" will be called. This first one is air and in the previous series they already covered water, earth and fire. So the next one should be...chi? Energy? LOVE?! jk jk
Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Chloe Frazer (06/20/2012), Splintered (06/21/2012), Theozilla (06/21/2012), Zealkin (06/20/2012)
Old 06/20/2012   #905
Ryushikaze

Shademp wrote: I wonder what the second "book" will be called. This first one is air and in the previous series they already covered water, earth and fire. So the next one should be...chi? Energy? LOVE?! jk jk
Metal. Thunder. Spirit. Bending disciplines not yet covered in books and apart from Spirit, untouched by earlier Avatars.
Thanked by 4:
Shademp (06/20/2012), Splintered (06/21/2012), Theozilla (06/21/2012), Zealkin (06/21/2012)
Old 06/20/2012   #906
Shademp

@Ryu

I did not even think of those three alternatives. In the context of Korra's story, "Spirit" sounds most likely. If this is the season that ends with Korra learning air-bending, the next one should be about her learning how to reach the Avatar state (via spiritual exercises).
Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Theozilla (06/20/2012), Zealkin (06/20/2012)
Old 06/20/2012   #907
Chloe Frazer

I've wonder that myself. She mastered all the other elements so I guess the next name will cover something different.

edit: Like what Ryu said. Spirit sounds appropriate.
Old 06/21/2012   #908
Theozilla

http://www.avatardestinyportal.com/i..._from=&ucat=1&
Some Avatar/Korra fan website did a nice summary of P.J. Bryne's (Bolin's voice actor) Q&A on Twitter today:
www.avatardestinyportal.com wrote: You asked questions and P.J. (Bolin) responded! Here are a few things we got from the session:

• Byrne watches Legend of Korra when he gets the chance and "feels 10% stronger" when Bolin kicks butt
• He eats lots of noodles and jellybeans to channel Bolin's sassy and funny character
• He was a fan of Avatar before working on Legend of Korra
Pabu or Naga? Byrne replies: "Pabu. All day and all night."
• His favourite Bolin line: (to Naga) "I want to be on your back."
• Byrne would want to play Bolin if there was a live action movie of Legend of Korra. He comments: "Fo Sho! Need to hit the gym beforehand, though."
• Byrne has 11 Red Pandas (fire ferrets)
• Bolin will get more character development in Book 2
• Byrne doesn't feel that Bolin has been taken a backseat in the last few episodes, he replies: "Not at all! WE are team avatar!"
• His favourite part of Legend of Korra is hanging with the cast and us fans
• He would call his pro-bending team "Bo-Nasties" if he had one
• Byrne gets emotional after watching Legend of Korra episodes
• "Do you think we'll get a big surprise saturday?" Byrne replies: "Does yes start with the letter "y""
• Byrne loves all animals, even bugs.
• Byrne identifies a lot with Bolin, and if there was one thing he could want from Bolin that he doesn't have is Bolin's hair

Last edited by Theozilla; 06/21/2012 at 02:01 AM.
Theozilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Alessa Gillespie (06/21/2012), Xinda (06/21/2012), Zealkin (06/21/2012)
Old 06/21/2012   #909
Zealkin

Theozilla wrote: http://www.avatardestinyportal.com/i..._from=&ucat=1&
Some Avatar/Korra fan website did a nice summary of P.J. Bryne's (Bolin's voice actor) Q&A on Twitter today:
I-I think I'm in love. He's so perfect lol.

And more character development season 2? yesssssssss.

Last edited by Zealkin; 06/21/2012 at 03:19 AM.
Zealkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Theozilla (06/21/2012)
Old 06/22/2012   #910
Theozilla

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/...-it-like-bolin
The Legend of Korra: Bend It Like Bolin
The Legend of Korra's P.J. Byrne talks about his character, Bolin.

Interview summary/prompt
IGN wrote: Since its debut back in April, The Legend of Korra has been making huge waves, not only in the Avatar universe but among the fan community as well. Creators Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino have definitely proven that its new cast of characters resonate just as much as their Last Airbender predecessors.

With the Season 1 finale just a few days away, IGN recently got a chance to speak with P.J. Byrne, the voice behind Bolin on the show. As one of the three main players on the new Team Avatar (alongside Korra's Janet Varney and Mako's David Faustino), Byrne discussed his approach to developing an animated character, his deep appreciation of the material and even offered some insight into what the series has in store for Season 2...
Chloe Frazer (06/22/2012)
Old 06/22/2012   #911
Theozilla

http://korranation.tumblr.com/post/2...hello-everyone
KorraNation/Bryan Konietzko wrote: **Remember: The actors are not the characters, so be nice to David. He isn’t Mako. He just plays one on TV.

Which reminds me, I caught wind that there was a brutal war in the fandom this week. In lieu of me having time, let’s all just pretend I drew a really funny comic about that and posted it just now. And we laughed. And it brought us joy. And the fandom hugged it out.
Wow, apparently the Mako hate/rage has gotten bad enough that Bryan Konietzko (and reblogged by the official Nickelodeon Korra tumblr) felt the need to remind people not to be mean to David Faustino at the Sand Diego Comic-Con.
Zealkin (06/22/2012)
Old 06/22/2012   #912
Theozilla

http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2012/...our-questions/
The second part of the Wall Street Journal interview with Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko, in this part they answer some fan questions about the show. Here are some of the more interesting highlights of the questions.
Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko wrote: [SpiderHyphenMan] Is there anything you wanted to put in but couldn’t because of the 12 episode format?

Konietzko: I actually prefer this format…Mike and I are mostly interested in telling a really driving plot. We feel that 12-14 episodes is a better length for that. Now that we’re really trying to improve the quality of the animation and we’ve raised the bar on that, it takes longer just to make those twelve. It’s like the HBO series or AMC. They don’t do 26 episodes. I think they’re more crafted and I think a tighter story comes out of it. You don’t have a lot of meandering and fluff and exposition and stuff. So I think we like it.

[Dr. Dardo] Will book 2 stay confined to Republic City the way book 1 did?

DiMartino: I would say it’s a mix of both. There’s definitely a significant part in Republic City, but there’s also a little more exploration of some other areas which we won’t tell you about just yet.

[They both laugh, like they're in on some secret joke.]

Konietzko: It’s definitely not as confined, but like Mike said, about half and half.

[BrowningWilliam] What inspired the baby’s name, Rohan?

Konietzko: That’s my nephew’s name. His father’s from India. He and his brother both have really cool names. Now I have to figure out a way to work his brother’s name into the show or he’s gonna be really mad at me.
Cool to know that Season 2 will venture out of Republic City more. Also interesting that Bryke prefers the tighter narrative of the shorter seasons.
Tennyo (06/23/2012), Zealkin (06/22/2012)
Old 06/22/2012   #913
Theozilla

http://www.avclub.com/articles/the-l...-fun-wi,81654/
Cool A.V. Club interview with Janet Varney (Korra's voice actor). Really interesting interview on the process of voice acting. One funny fact, Janet Varney saw the first Legend of Korra episode for her first time through the early online leak in March/April.
Zealkin (06/22/2012)
Old 06/22/2012   #914
Theozilla

https://www.facebook.com/legendofkor...70811986306662
Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko are also answering fan questions via video on Facebook.
Old 06/23/2012   #915
Elisa Maza

Everything in my dash is LoK finale and I'm like,

Sorry for the stupid post, but for this half hour I've been too jealous. Green, I tell you!

Elisa Maza is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Tennyo (06/23/2012), Theozilla (06/23/2012), Zealkin (06/23/2012)