The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Entertainment

Entertainment Poast about movies, television, animé, books, and pyrotechnics in the distance here. Music topics go in The Venue.

Old 06/26/2012   #976
looneymoon

Theozilla wrote: Again, Mako's apologies are genuine, just because he does not use the pronoun "I" 100% of the time in the apologies, does not mean he is shirking his faults or responsibility. Sorry if they don't come across as genuine to you, but they obviously do to the other characters in the show.
Just because he is redeemable in-universe doesn't mean he's redeemable to the audience. That is what bad writing is, and it's a really poor defense of the character/writing of the show.

looneymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alessa Gillespie (06/26/2012)
Old 06/26/2012   #977
Theozilla

Claire Redfield wrote: Just because he is redeemable in-universe doesn't mean he's redeemable to the audience. That is what bad writing is, and it's a really poor defense of the character/writing of the show.
Okay, that is fine. It is a difference in opinion/reaction. To me (and others) he was redeemed, to you (and others) he wasn't. The fandom (the online fandom, to be precise) has a divided view on the character (and the finale in general), that happened with previous series too (not trying to justify anything with that statement, just making an observation).
Old 06/26/2012   #978
Theozilla

Now for some lighter conversation, here are some pretty awesome fan creations:

Funny, post-season finale Korra-Tahno interactions comic:

Some pretty awesome fan songs:

YouTube Video

This one almost made me cry (it is parody/modified disney song, made to fit Tarrlok's and Amon/Noatak's relationship...which by the way, did anyone find it funny that teenage Amon/Noatak had the same hairstyle as Korra?)
http://tinysaurus.tumblr.com/post/25...e-tarrlok-that

Iroh Man

Last edited by Theozilla; 06/26/2012 at 05:51 PM.
Theozilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Elisa Maza (06/26/2012), Tetsujin (08/12/2012), Xinda (06/26/2012), Zealkin (06/26/2012)
Old 06/26/2012   #979
looneymoon

looneymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 10:
Alessa Gillespie (06/26/2012), Chloe Frazer (06/26/2012), Serah Farron (06/26/2012), Tennyo (06/26/2012), Tetsujin (08/12/2012), Theozilla (06/26/2012), Tifaeria (07/05/2012), Xinda (06/26/2012), Zealkin (06/26/2012), Zee (06/26/2012)
Old 06/26/2012   #980
Zealkin

Well we're obviously divided on this, we all have different opinions and what not. Twas still fun posting about the episodes with you guys! We have about a year(give or take) until season 2!

Zealkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Elisa Maza (06/26/2012), Theozilla (06/26/2012), Xinda (06/26/2012)
Old 06/26/2012   #981
Alessa Gillespie

Theozilla wrote: and the show has shown and stated that Mako is a particularly talented firebender (even Amon complemented his skills).
can i mention that made me really uncomfortable? like, amon has fought a metric ton of people who have bended for years (lin for example) who messed up his officers and fought amazingly, but no, it was mako who was able to surprise him and catch him off guard and temporarily resist his bloodbending?

it just seems terribly unrealistic that an 18 year old would be able to shock amon right as he tries to take away his bending which you would have thought gang leaders had tried before and were just as good if not better. i would have brushed it off as amon being in an emotional frenzy, but then he went on to say how good he was and that just made me roll my eyes. sorry bro, but when i think of amazingly talented benders, i think of lin, tenzin, or heck, tenzin's kids.

is daddy still a good man?
like a shotgun needs an outcome

don't trust the ones who shake with their left hand

ACKY: IM NOT A TURIAN I CANT MAEK BABBIES WITH GARRUS

Joe: NOT WITH THAT ATTITUDE

can you fight a legendary creature?

i was a TEENAGE CLAIRVOYANT
Alessa Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Chloe Frazer (06/26/2012), looneymoon (06/27/2012), Tifaeria (07/05/2012), Zee (06/26/2012)
Old 06/26/2012   #982
Ryushikaze

Alessa Gillespie wrote: can i mention that made me really uncomfortable? like, amon has fought a metric ton of people who have bended for years (lin for example) who messed up his officers and fought amazingly, but no, it was mako who was able to surprise him and catch him off guard and temporarily resist his bloodbending?

it just seems terribly unrealistic that an 18 year old would be able to shock amon right as he tries to take away his bending which you would have thought gang leaders had tried before and were just as good if not better. i would have brushed it off as amon being in an emotional frenzy, but then he went on to say how good he was and that just made me roll my eyes. sorry bro, but when i think of amazingly talented benders, i think of lin, tenzin, or heck, tenzin's kids.
Um, You seem to have contradicted yourself by implication here. If it's so unrealistic that an 18 year old bender can be really amazingly talented, how's a group of preteen benders more realistic?
Thanked by 5:
Elisa Maza (06/26/2012), Obsidian Fire (06/26/2012), Theozilla (06/26/2012), Xinda (06/26/2012), Zealkin (06/26/2012)
Old 06/26/2012   #983
Alessa Gillespie

Ryushikaze wrote: Um, You seem to have contradicted yourself by implication here. If it's so unrealistic that an 18 year old bender can be really amazingly talented, how's a group of preteen benders more realistic?
tenzin's kids are talented for their age group, imo. on the other hand, i don't think amon would compliment them because their bending is immature. mostly it's that you don't see like 6-13 year olds trained in fartbendingairbending which is why they struck me as talented.

on the other hand, i think lin and tenzin are more genuinely talented because they know their way around their element and are both strong and resilient.

is daddy still a good man?
like a shotgun needs an outcome

don't trust the ones who shake with their left hand

ACKY: IM NOT A TURIAN I CANT MAEK BABBIES WITH GARRUS

Joe: NOT WITH THAT ATTITUDE

can you fight a legendary creature?

i was a TEENAGE CLAIRVOYANT
Alessa Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
looneymoon (06/27/2012), Serah Farron (06/26/2012), Tifaeria (07/05/2012), Zee (06/26/2012)
Old 06/26/2012   #984
Theozilla

Alessa Gillespie wrote: tenzin's kids are talented for their age group, imo. on the other hand, i don't think amon would compliment them because their bending is immature. mostly it's that you don't see like 6-13 year olds trained in fartbendingairbending which is why they struck me as talented.

on the other hand, i think lin and tenzin are more genuinely talented because they know their way around their element and are both strong and resilient.
But both Mako and Bolin were stated and shown (Mako a little more than Bolin) from the beginning of the season to be extremely talented benders for their age. They were the "super-rookies" of the year's pro-bending season. How is Mako being talented at 18, any more unrealistic than Azula and Aang being considered progidies (both were stated to have been better than their adult masters growing up) in A:TLA?
Old 06/26/2012   #985
Cloud_S

Yang Continues "Avatar: The Last Airbender" in "The Search" - Comic Book Resources
(SPOILER)
Shademp wrote: I think we just found the explanation for all the inconsistencies with Midgar. The reason that the parts of Midgar destroyed in AC are whole again in DoC is because, well, Reeve told the city to repair itself. Glad we got that sorted out!
Final Fantasy VII G-Bike [OST]
Cloud_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Elisa Maza (06/26/2012), Theozilla (06/26/2012), Xinda (06/26/2012)
Old 06/26/2012   #986
Obsidian Fire

If anyone wants to check out a more mature version of ATLA with more world-building, active spirits, politics, geographically informed war, consequence for actions and a much more flawed world as a whole they should check out "Embers" by Vathara. It's over 66 chapters long and has more then 6,000 reviews. And before anyone asks, the author has not watched LOK even though there are a lot of similar themes. It'll at least give you something to do while waiting for the second season...

Last edited by Obsidian Fire; 06/26/2012 at 09:49 PM.
Obsidian Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2012   #987
Elisa Maza

The link doesn't work.

Elisa Maza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2012   #988
Obsidian Fire

Should be fixed. In case it doesn't work, here's it in long form.

Vathara: http://www.fanfiction.net/~Vathara

Embers: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5398503/1/Embers

and here's the TVTrope page for Embers: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanFic/Embers
Elisa Maza (06/26/2012), Theozilla (06/26/2012), Xinda (06/27/2012), Zealkin (06/26/2012)
Old 06/26/2012   #989
Elisa Maza

Just read the TVtropes page.

Daym... I've got to read this. 0o;

Elisa Maza is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Zealkin (06/26/2012)
Old 06/26/2012   #990
Theozilla

Awesome friendly mushroom gif:

...too soon?
Elisa Maza (06/26/2012), Zealkin (06/26/2012)