The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.


Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Entertainment

Entertainment Poast about movies, television, animé, books, and pyrotechnics in the distance here. Music topics go in The Venue.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06/26/2012   #976
looneymoon
Default

Theozilla wrote: Again, Mako's apologies are genuine, just because he does not use the pronoun "I" 100% of the time in the apologies, does not mean he is shirking his faults or responsibility. Sorry if they don't come across as genuine to you, but they obviously do to the other characters in the show.
Just because he is redeemable in-universe doesn't mean he's redeemable to the audience. That is what bad writing is, and it's a really poor defense of the character/writing of the show.
__________________
♦♦♦♦♦♦


looneymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Alessa Gillespie (06/26/2012)
Old 06/26/2012   #977
Theozilla
Default

Claire Redfield wrote: Just because he is redeemable in-universe doesn't mean he's redeemable to the audience. That is what bad writing is, and it's a really poor defense of the character/writing of the show.
Okay, that is fine. It is a difference in opinion/reaction. To me (and others) he was redeemed, to you (and others) he wasn't. The fandom (the online fandom, to be precise) has a divided view on the character (and the finale in general), that happened with previous series too (not trying to justify anything with that statement, just making an observation).
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Theozilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2012   #978
Theozilla
Default

Now for some lighter conversation, here are some pretty awesome fan creations:

Funny, post-season finale Korra-Tahno interactions comic:


Some pretty awesome fan songs:

YouTube Video


This one almost made me cry (it is parody/modified disney song, made to fit Tarrlok's and Amon/Noatak's relationship...which by the way, did anyone find it funny that teenage Amon/Noatak had the same hairstyle as Korra?)
http://tinysaurus.tumblr.com/post/25...e-tarrlok-that

Iroh Man
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Theozilla; 06/26/2012 at 05:51 PM.
Theozilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Elisa Maza (06/26/2012), Tetsujin (08/12/2012), Xinda (06/26/2012), Zealkin (06/26/2012)
Old 06/26/2012   #979
looneymoon
Default



__________________
♦♦♦♦♦♦


looneymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 10:
Alessa Gillespie (06/26/2012), Chloe Frazer (06/26/2012), Serah Farron (06/26/2012), Tennyo (06/26/2012), Tetsujin (08/12/2012), Theozilla (06/26/2012), Tifaeria (07/05/2012), Xinda (06/26/2012), Zealkin (06/26/2012), Zee (06/26/2012)
Old 06/26/2012   #980
Zealkin
Default

Well we're obviously divided on this, we all have different opinions and what not. Twas still fun posting about the episodes with you guys! We have about a year(give or take) until season 2!
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
(SPOILER)
I REGRET NOTHING!


Zealkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Elisa Maza (06/26/2012), Theozilla (06/26/2012), Xinda (06/26/2012)
Old 06/26/2012   #981
Alessa Gillespie
Default

Theozilla wrote: and the show has shown and stated that Mako is a particularly talented firebender (even Amon complemented his skills).
can i mention that made me really uncomfortable? like, amon has fought a metric ton of people who have bended for years (lin for example) who messed up his officers and fought amazingly, but no, it was mako who was able to surprise him and catch him off guard and temporarily resist his bloodbending?

it just seems terribly unrealistic that an 18 year old would be able to shock amon right as he tries to take away his bending which you would have thought gang leaders had tried before and were just as good if not better. i would have brushed it off as amon being in an emotional frenzy, but then he went on to say how good he was and that just made me roll my eyes. sorry bro, but when i think of amazingly talented benders, i think of lin, tenzin, or heck, tenzin's kids.
__________________

is daddy still a good man?
like a shotgun needs an outcome

don't trust the ones who shake with their left hand

ACKY: IM NOT A TURIAN I CANT MAEK BABBIES WITH GARRUS

Joe: NOT WITH THAT ATTITUDE


can you fight a legendary creature?


i was a TEENAGE CLAIRVOYANT
Alessa Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Chloe Frazer (06/26/2012), looneymoon (06/27/2012), Tifaeria (07/05/2012), Zee (06/26/2012)
Old 06/26/2012   #982
Ryushikaze
Default

Alessa Gillespie wrote: can i mention that made me really uncomfortable? like, amon has fought a metric ton of people who have bended for years (lin for example) who messed up his officers and fought amazingly, but no, it was mako who was able to surprise him and catch him off guard and temporarily resist his bloodbending?

it just seems terribly unrealistic that an 18 year old would be able to shock amon right as he tries to take away his bending which you would have thought gang leaders had tried before and were just as good if not better. i would have brushed it off as amon being in an emotional frenzy, but then he went on to say how good he was and that just made me roll my eyes. sorry bro, but when i think of amazingly talented benders, i think of lin, tenzin, or heck, tenzin's kids.
Um, You seem to have contradicted yourself by implication here. If it's so unrealistic that an 18 year old bender can be really amazingly talented, how's a group of preteen benders more realistic?
__________________
Advent Fanboys: Fear the fanboys. Then laugh at them. - A Naked Tifa Production
Now this is a compilation entry I want to see.
Ryushikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Elisa Maza (06/26/2012), Obsidian Fire (06/26/2012), Theozilla (06/26/2012), Xinda (06/26/2012), Zealkin (06/26/2012)
Old 06/26/2012   #983
Alessa Gillespie
Default

Ryushikaze wrote: Um, You seem to have contradicted yourself by implication here. If it's so unrealistic that an 18 year old bender can be really amazingly talented, how's a group of preteen benders more realistic?
tenzin's kids are talented for their age group, imo. on the other hand, i don't think amon would compliment them because their bending is immature. mostly it's that you don't see like 6-13 year olds trained in fartbendingairbending which is why they struck me as talented.

on the other hand, i think lin and tenzin are more genuinely talented because they know their way around their element and are both strong and resilient.
__________________

is daddy still a good man?
like a shotgun needs an outcome

don't trust the ones who shake with their left hand

ACKY: IM NOT A TURIAN I CANT MAEK BABBIES WITH GARRUS

Joe: NOT WITH THAT ATTITUDE


can you fight a legendary creature?


i was a TEENAGE CLAIRVOYANT
Alessa Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
looneymoon (06/27/2012), Serah Farron (06/26/2012), Tifaeria (07/05/2012), Zee (06/26/2012)
Old 06/26/2012   #984
Theozilla
Default

Alessa Gillespie wrote: tenzin's kids are talented for their age group, imo. on the other hand, i don't think amon would compliment them because their bending is immature. mostly it's that you don't see like 6-13 year olds trained in fartbendingairbending which is why they struck me as talented.

on the other hand, i think lin and tenzin are more genuinely talented because they know their way around their element and are both strong and resilient.
But both Mako and Bolin were stated and shown (Mako a little more than Bolin) from the beginning of the season to be extremely talented benders for their age. They were the "super-rookies" of the year's pro-bending season. How is Mako being talented at 18, any more unrealistic than Azula and Aang being considered progidies (both were stated to have been better than their adult masters growing up) in A:TLA?
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Theozilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2012   #985
Cloud_S
Default

Yang Continues "Avatar: The Last Airbender" in "The Search" - Comic Book Resources
(SPOILER)
__________________
mr_ite wrote: If Reeve has this power, why didn't he use it all the time for his job? Urban development, hmm. He could bring cranes to life and they could build flawless infrastructure.
Shademp wrote: I think we just found the explanation for all the inconsistencies with Midgar. The reason that the parts of Midgar destroyed in AC are whole again in DoC is because, well, Reeve told the city to repair itself. Glad we got that sorted out!
Final Fantasy VII G-Bike [OST]
Cloud_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Elisa Maza (06/26/2012), Theozilla (06/26/2012), Xinda (06/26/2012)
Old 06/26/2012   #986
Obsidian Fire
Default

If anyone wants to check out a more mature version of ATLA with more world-building, active spirits, politics, geographically informed war, consequence for actions and a much more flawed world as a whole they should check out "Embers" by Vathara. It's over 66 chapters long and has more then 6,000 reviews. And before anyone asks, the author has not watched LOK even though there are a lot of similar themes. It'll at least give you something to do while waiting for the second season...
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by Obsidian Fire; 06/26/2012 at 09:49 PM.
Obsidian Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2012   #987
Elisa Maza
Default

The link doesn't work.
__________________

Elisa Maza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2012   #988
Obsidian Fire
Default

Should be fixed. In case it doesn't work, here's it in long form.

Vathara: http://www.fanfiction.net/~Vathara

Embers: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5398503/1/Embers

and here's the TVTrope page for Embers: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanFic/Embers
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Obsidian Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Elisa Maza (06/26/2012), Theozilla (06/26/2012), Xinda (06/27/2012), Zealkin (06/26/2012)
Old 06/26/2012   #989
Elisa Maza
Default

Just read the TVtropes page.

Daym... I've got to read this. 0o;
__________________

Elisa Maza is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Zealkin (06/26/2012)
Old 06/26/2012   #990
Theozilla
Default

Awesome friendly mushroom gif:


...too soon?
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Theozilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Elisa Maza (06/26/2012), Zealkin (06/26/2012)
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:31 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.