The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Site, Forums, Staff & Projects > Forum News & Information

Forum News & Information News and issues concerning the forums go here

Old 09/08/2010   #1
Cat Rage Room
Default Get the word out, everyone!

I'm sure all of you are aware of the rockin' and the rollin' we're trying to do with the site lately. This is the start of hopefully a positive change for the site, as we've been kinda stagnant as of late (and I've been looking at the site traffic analytics to prove it). But all of this stuff and all of these projects we're doing don't mean jack shit if the majority of the Final Fantasy community, or anyone, even, isn't aware of it.

So that's where we need your help, the members. Word of mouth is a powerful thing, and sometimes all it takes is a few people saying the same thing at the same time to get a lot of positive attention and something done. So, spread the word about TLS, the site, the forums, the community, a specific project here you like, anything!

Tell your friends, put this site on your signature in other communities you visit, give us shout us, namedrop us in discussions and debates, link us and use us as a reference on the FF Wiki, absolutely anything you can do to get the word out is going to help us immensely.

Also, if anyone has any ideas, share them!
Cat Rage Room is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2010   #2
Celes Chere

I'll advertise on Youtube. I've got lots of friends there interested in Final Fantasy, and most people read my bulletins when I post them so I'll post a bulletin about the Forum. :3 I could also make a video to advertise the site, but that may be pushing it, lol.
Celes Chere is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (09/08/2010)
Old 09/08/2010   #3
Vossler

I'll put links to the site in my signature on the other forums I go on. Hopefully that will also help.

http://www.frrcracing.com
Vossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2010   #4
Cat Rage Room

I've never even heard of a Steak Diane so it must be good as fuck!!!!
Old 09/08/2010   #5
Vossler

JIMMY BROOKS: CRIPPLED VIRGIN wrote: I've never even heard of a Steak Diane so it must be good as fuck!!!!
Actually it is. I will post the link to the recipe in the other topic you created as this isn't the right place to discuss it.

http://www.frrcracing.com
Vossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2010   #6
Cat Rage Room

wow how did that get in this topic.

Anyway, uh, yeah, any advert ideas?
Old 09/08/2010   #7
Strangelove

The idea of making videos of other content on the site, like videos about the CC Complete guide keywords or such, was brought up before.

Or is that less advertising and more site expansion/etc.?
Strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2010   #8
Cat Rage Room

It falls into the whole 'site projects in the middle of the woods with no one to see them' sentiment.

Site expansion is great, but like I mentioned, we need to find ways to expose more people to our active projects. For example, what's the best way to get the CoAS Youtube videos out there and exposed?
Old 09/08/2010   #9
Cthulhu

JIMMY BROOKS: CRIPPLED VIRGIN wrote: It falls into the whole 'site projects in the middle of the woods with no one to see them' sentiment.

Site expansion is great, but like I mentioned, we need to find ways to expose more people to our active projects. For example, what's the best way to get the CoAS Youtube videos out there and exposed?
Well, if it's something that interests people, it /should/ self-procreate, so to speak.

Has it been poasted on twitter, facebook, LJ, the works? One can spam it all over the networks and other such sites.

Send in news submissions / suggestions to other FF sites too, maybe they'll find it newsworthy and poast it.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/08/2010   #10
Cat Rage Room

Facebook is a fantastic source of advertisement, given that you know, millions of people use it.

I'd offer to do it myself, but I have so much on my plate right now.
Old 10/03/2010   #11
ForceStealer

What about this n4g site? I"m not totally sure how it works, but it looks like you can post news stories that would lead them here. From what I'm gathering you have to post a certain number of comments or something before you an post articles directly to the site. But it could certainly help traffic. What do you think?

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (10/07/2010)
Old 10/03/2010   #12
Cat Rage Room

Sounds awesome; let's do it.
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (10/07/2010)
Old 10/14/2010   #13
Username

I don't know, i think it needs more jussing up. The whole site, but you kinda already know what my thoughts are on this.
Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/14/2010   #14
Cloudskye

I actually have the link to TLS in my signatures on other sites. Is it alright if I use some sort of graphic along with it, like a button, perhaps?
Moonflight from Warriors Wiki wrote: I think your chararts are lovely. You give great criticism, which is more than what most users do. Being a warrior [is] different than being a senior warrior. Your chararts don't have to be great. It's more important that you comment on chararts. You're far too modest. You deserve this.
WW // WSW // FB
Cloudskye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/14/2010   #15
X-SOLDIER

Jayfeather wrote: I actually have the link to TLS in my signatures on other sites. Is it alright if I use some sort of graphic along with it, like a button, perhaps?
I use me sig everywhere I go online (which links to TLS), so feel free to add a graphic. I dunno if we have an official one, though I swear Pixel made one at some point...

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote