The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Entertainment

Entertainment Poast about movies, television, animé, books, and pyrotechnics in the distance here. Music topics go in The Venue.

Old 06/23/2018   #1
Tennyo
Default Sony is now making a Silk movie.

I mean, I guess it's cool, but I can't help but feel like Sony is doing too much...

Maybe we just need one mega thread for all the Sony Spider-Man spin-offs.
Old 06/23/2018   #2
Interslicery

Interslicery is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
f a n c y (06/23/2018), The Twilight Mexican (06/23/2018), TooManyFandoms (06/24/2018)
Old 06/23/2018   #3
f a n c y

BRUH my dumbass self totally thought you were referring to the Silk Milk product
and I was getting ready to laugh and laugh and laugh at this dumbass idea.

Yikes @ myself. Yooooooo! @ the actual news.
f a n c y is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Tennyo (06/24/2018), The Twilight Mexican (06/23/2018)
Old 06/23/2018   #4
The Twilight Mexican

They canceled the awful Black Cat/Silver Sable movie idea and replaced it with an even more terrible idea?
Thanked by:
f a n c y (06/24/2018)
Old 06/24/2018   #5
Tennyo

I mean, I'd like to see Silk in a movie (albiet with a different origin story), but Sony needs to chill before they cause brand fatigue.
Old 06/24/2018   #6
X-SOLDIER

I don't really have any feelings about Silk as a character, but sure! We'll see how this all pans out. If anything, I'm all about them introducing more spider-folk to the general public, especially because if anything they're suffering the brand fatigue of having a billion Peter Parkers.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Tennyo (06/24/2018)
Old 06/24/2018   #7
Tennyo

Interslicery wrote:
As in, you don't know who Silk a.k.a. Cindy Moon is?

Basically, she's a newer-ish (2014) member of the Spider-Family who got shoehorned slightly into Peter's origin story (she was bitten by the same spider who bit him).

She spent all these years since gaining her spider powers living in a bunker at the behest of Ezekiel so that Morlun wouldn't be able to find her.
Old 06/25/2018   #8
Interslicery

Ah, ok. Thanks. Yeah I had never heard of her before. I don't really like the medium of comics, and the comic podcasts I used to listen to to keep up to date on stuff, have long since ended. I usually only hear about stuff when it's an "outrage". Like Superior Spider-Man, or Cap being Hydra.

Interslicery is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (06/25/2018)