The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Gaming

Gaming Discuss all things gaming in this subsection.

Old 09/07/2017   #16
Tetsujin

So this is that atmospheric horror game of odd forms and somber tapestry I've heard so much about
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Octo (09/07/2017), X-SOLDIER (09/07/2017)
Old 09/07/2017   #17
X-SOLDIER

In keeping active with the KickStarter comments, the demo that they're gonna have in 2-3 weeks is what they're gonna use to help get some additional feedback and attention for their KickStarter, and apparently they're gonna collab with some streamers when showing it, which will hopefully be interesting, and maybe help to point at where they're hoping to polish things.

Additionally, there is no dialogue in the game at all, and the only translations are for their menus. Insofar as the storytelling, they said while it wasn't the best comparison, they're going for something like Doom & Journey in the way that they deliver the story without dialogue, so it'll be interesting to see how that's handled.

Also, their KickStarter's just hitting the halfway point now, so it's looking good for the campaign, as the first 4 days and the last 4 days are typically the biggest on projects.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Octo (09/07/2017)
Old 09/15/2017   #18
X-SOLDIER

They're at 75% on their KickStarter now, and they've got a properly good interview and some artwork being shown over at PCGamer: http://www.pcgamer.com/behind-the-be...-art-of-scorn/

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

Old 09/22/2017   #19
X-SOLDIER

They just released an update this morning that the demo should be out within 10 days, so I'd expect to see it up on Steam, and some folks doing streaming and other things with it. Hopefully it's got a good feel to it, and that exposure gets them the last little bump they need. At 85%, their campaign's looking pretty strong for hitting their main goal.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Old 09/28/2017   #20
X-SOLDIER

They released the demo for their backers, so there're some folks streaming it around the internet now. Also, they're >95% funded, and I'd expect it's very likely that they hit 100% by the end of the day.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 2:
Ghost X (09/29/2017), Octo (09/28/2017)
Old 10/09/2017   #21
X-SOLDIER

Looks like they hit their VR Stretch goal. It'll be funded in about 9 hours for all the cool extras and such that they want.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 2:
Ghost X (10/09/2017), Octo (10/09/2017)
Old 10/15/2017   #22
Tetsujin

Seems like a very boney and squishy looking game. =P

YouTube Video

Last edited by Tetsujin; 10/15/2017 at 07:43 AM.
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Ghost X (10/15/2017), X-SOLDIER (10/16/2017)
Old 10/15/2017   #23
Cthulhu

I feel like I should update the thread title to that,
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Ghost X (10/15/2017), X-SOLDIER (10/16/2017)
Old 01/19/2018   #24
X-SOLDIER

They shared some of the game music as a part of their post-holiday season update.

• https://soundcloud.com/aethek/aethek-scorn-structure223
• https://soundcloud.com/aethek/aethek-scorn-cleansing

Things are apparently moving along smoothly.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Old 08/10/2018   #25
X-SOLDIER

News update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/2206856

It's not coming out in October. ...because they landed a deal with an investment fund, and rather than making part 1 of 2, they now have the cash to make the entire game as a single release & they're doing that, since splitting the game was their only compromise. Also, if you backed to the level of soundtrack or artbook, those are going to be twice as big now. (If you're not ok with that, they're offering refunds to anyone wanting to back out).

Nothing but pleased about this development.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
Tetsujin (08/10/2018)
Old 08/11/2018   #26
Lilly Pilly

Total horror wimp here, so
Lilly Pilly is offline   Reply With Quote