The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Gaming

Gaming Discuss all things gaming in this subsection.

Old 06/13/2017   #1
X-SOLDIER
Default Dragon Ball FighterZ

While I'm not great at 2D fighters, this game looks fucking amazing. Their use of cut scenes, background destructions, and just mixing everything together is SO good.

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Cthulhu (06/15/2017), Dark and Divine (06/13/2017), Ghost X (06/14/2017), The Twilight Mexican (06/14/2017)
Old 06/13/2017   #2
Tetsujin

It looks phenomenal.

I mean, I'm not gonna get it but

it looks fucking amazing
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Cthulhu (06/15/2017), Dark and Divine (06/13/2017), The Twilight Mexican (06/14/2017), X-SOLDIER (06/13/2017)
Old 06/13/2017   #3
X-SOLDIER

It also looks like the exact sort of thing that people who love fighting games are really stoked about. Maximilian Dood is one of my favourite folks on YouTube, and I love how much he knows the about these games and the fighting game community, and he was stoked as HELL when it was shown off, and should be playing it some today, and I'm looking forward to what he has ta say about it after playing it, since he had a good recap of it.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (06/14/2017)
Old 06/14/2017   #4
X-SOLDIER

He got some time on the game yesterday and put up a couple videos of it. It's looking REALLY straightforward and accessible, as well as having a solid gameplay that's got basically everyone in his comments excited for it. It'll be neat to see where this lands on the competitive scene.

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (06/14/2017)
Old 06/14/2017   #5
X-SOLDIER

Now he's got a proper video up about it. It sounds great, and really like I might give it a try despite these types of games not really being my forte.

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (06/16/2017)
Old 06/15/2017   #6
Cthulhu

I dig it and I want it, like, in my pants. I've tried Xenoverse but it's just not It. 2D fighting game is what it's supposed to be IMO.

Actually I played a 2D fighting game waaaay back when, I think it was fanmade and botched together / imbalanced as heck because some characters had just over 9000 times more moves than others.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (06/16/2017), X-SOLDIER (06/15/2017)
Old 07/15/2017   #7
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

(The most important part starts at 17:50)

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 3:
Ghost X (07/15/2017), Interslicery (07/15/2017), The Twilight Mexican (07/20/2017)
Old 07/17/2017   #8
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

Also, the EVO announcement also mentions that on July 26th, you'll be able to play with NINE characters (Trunks, +2 unannounced) so it'll be exciting to see who they end up being. I'd place bets on Piccolo being one of them. (You can hear the announcement in Max's footage of the event where he's too excited by his most anticipated character reveal to do proper math).

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (07/20/2017)
Old 07/19/2017   #9
Lucis Caelum

http://gematsu.com/2017/07/dragon-ba...rillin-piccolo
Piccolo and Krillin confirmed
Translation wrote: Piccolo

Power: 3
Speed: 2
Reach: 4
Technique: 4
Energy: 3

Piccolo has technical skills such as extending his arms to grasp his opponent and charge techniques. He has a variety of methods to break the opponent’s guard. He can fire beams at super high speeds. By long-pressing the button, he can charge up for a stronger attack. He also has a technique that fires a Ki blast to deal great damage. When connecting from a combo, it will deal even greater damage.
Translation wrote: Krillin

Power: 2
Speed: 3
Reach: 1
Technique: 4
Energy: 4

Krillin has low power and reach, but can use a variety of techniques. He can even use Kamehameha, meaning fighting from a distance should not be a problem. He can use skills to confuse the enemy such as the “Afterimage Technique,” which leaves behind an image of Krillin before turning into an attack. He can also use “Destructo Disc,” which is impossible to guard against. After firing Ki blasts, Krillin can alter their trajectory and have them explode in the sky to shoot out multiple Ki blasts.
Lucis Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (07/20/2017), X-SOLDIER (07/19/2017)
Old 07/19/2017   #10
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

Some more information on them and the closed beta that'll be taking place.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
Old 07/20/2017   #11
Literally Who?

The real sequel to Marvel vs Capcom 3 as far as I'm concerned lol.
Literally Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (07/20/2017), X-SOLDIER (07/20/2017)
Old 07/20/2017   #12
X-SOLDIER

That seems to be the sentiment of a chunk of the fighting game community as well. xD

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
Old 08/17/2017   #13
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (08/18/2017)
Old 08/22/2017   #14
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 2:
Cthulhu (08/22/2017), The Twilight Mexican (08/22/2017)
Old 08/22/2017   #15
Cthulhu

Signed up for the beta (https://www.bandainamcoent.com/news/...ta-application) beacause why not . Mid-September. Actually I might be away then, oh well.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (08/22/2017), X-SOLDIER (08/22/2017)