The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Gaming

Gaming Discuss all things gaming in this subsection.

Old 01/25/2018   #1
X-SOLDIER
Default Soul Calibur VI

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

Properly looking forward to this. It's supposedly a reboot of sorts to the series, and I'm kinda glad for that. I'm loving the fact that Nightmare looks so classic.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Alex Strife (01/27/2018), Blade (01/26/2018), Dark and Divine (01/25/2018), The Twilight Mexican (01/25/2018)
Old 01/26/2018   #2
Blade

Gr0h lookin' pretty cool there.

In case anyone wants to watch matches and other news updates:

http://fyeahsoulcalibur.tumblr.com/
^Here's hoping for:
Valkyrie Profile: Hrist
Metal Gear Rising 2: Re-Revengeance
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Dark and Divine (01/26/2018), The Twilight Mexican (01/27/2018), X-SOLDIER (01/26/2018)
Old 01/26/2018   #3
X-SOLDIER

Oh man, it looks like Siegfried is actually (trapped/possessed) inside Nightmare's armor, and you can see him get revealed after an armor break. This is all coming from the EVO footage in Japan.

YouTube Video

Speaking of which, here's some gameplay from the event:

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 3:
Alex Strife (01/27/2018), Dark and Divine (01/27/2018), The Twilight Mexican (01/27/2018)
Old 01/27/2018   #4
The Twilight Mexican

That's as should be the case. This game is apparently set around the time of the first "Soulcalibur," after the evil sword took Siggy in "Soul Edge."
Thanked by 2:
Alex Strife (01/27/2018), X-SOLDIER (01/27/2018)
Old 01/28/2018   #5
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

I couldn't be happier to hear what Max thought. It sounds like everything I've been hoping it would be. Can't wait to see all that beautiful 4k Footage!

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 2:
Dark and Divine (01/29/2018), The Twilight Mexican (01/28/2018)
Old 01/28/2018   #6
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

That Siegfried/Nightmare one is SO AMAZING.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 3:
Blade (01/29/2018), Dark and Divine (01/29/2018), The Twilight Mexican (01/29/2018)
Old 01/29/2018   #7
Blade

Just give me both versions of Siegfried and I will be happy.
^Here's hoping for:
Valkyrie Profile: Hrist
Metal Gear Rising 2: Re-Revengeance
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/30/2018   #8
Mr. Ite

Watching Xianghua kick Sophitia’s ass made me remember all the times my brother would kick my ass in SC3. And Nightmare reminds me of all the times I kicked HIS ass in SC2!

If it has local co-op I’ll definitely get this. It’s a fun game.
Mr. Ite is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (01/30/2018), X-SOLDIER (01/30/2018)
Old 02/22/2018   #9
X-SOLDIER

YouTube Video

YouTube Video

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 3:
Dark and Divine (02/22/2018), Joe (02/22/2018), The Twilight Mexican (02/23/2018)
Old 02/22/2018   #10
Joe

Fuck yeah Zasalamel. He has been my fave ever since that once where he was the villain. My gut is telling me Soul Calibur 3.

Reject common sense to make the impossible possible!

Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (02/23/2018), X-SOLDIER (02/23/2018)
Old 02/23/2018   #11
X-SOLDIER

Joe wrote: Fuck yeah Zasalamel. He has been my fave ever since that once where he was the villain. My gut is telling me Soul Calibur 3.
I believe you are correct, because my gut said the same thing. I'm REALLY glad he made it into the lineup. Everything about this game is looking like it's just a dreamy combination of everything we've been wanting from the series. I really hope that the story mode delivers for everyone, because I got totally crushed by SCV over that.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (02/23/2018)
Old 03/15/2018   #12
Joe

YouTube Video

Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (03/15/2018)
Old 03/15/2018   #13
X-SOLDIER

The talk of Portals makes me pretty sure that he's not the only guest character that we'll be seeing. It'll be interesting to see if we get more characters like Geralt that'll be multi-platform guest characters.

Also still kinda surprised that he was announced before a lot of the rest of the roster.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
Joe (03/15/2018)
Old 03/15/2018   #14
Joe

I think the portal talk was more a reference to his character as he's pretty vocal about disliking them in the Witcher games. It'll likely be the in-game explanation for him appearing in the game.

Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (03/15/2018)
Old 03/15/2018   #15
X-SOLDIER

The intro text, "Fissures between this universe and another appeared all around. From there emerged the variants" sounds a lot more like a general introduction to the mechanic by which the guest characters will be arriving, rather than something Geralt-specific though.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
Joe (03/15/2018)