The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Gaming

Gaming Discuss all things gaming in this subsection.

Old 05/15/2010   #1
null
Default Red Dead Redemption

Coming up quick. 5/18 for NA, 5/21 for Europe+Australia

PS3 and sexbox 360

So, what say you lifestream.net? Contender or pretender? I'm ready to start my posse, hunt cows, cross the border and screw around in Mexico.

YouTube Video
null is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/2010   #2
Cthulhu

It's going to be one of the bestsellers of the year, I'm sure. However, I don't think it'll become as big as a title as GTA, seeing that that one's less romantic and more actual and some other reasons I can't formulate atm.

But I wants it, .

One thing I do fear about this game though is that it might be grind. Think Borderlands. Of course, I could be wrong - I'm pretty sure the missions will be more original than the common 'Kill X of Y' things.

But I don't know if that will still be the case in multiplayer.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/2010   #3
Max Payne

I wants it so bad suh

Multiplayer alone looks awesome, and I love old western action movies with badass protagonists.
Max Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/2010   #4
Super Mario

We're getting it soon. I hope you guys love them old west. <3

YAHOO!
Super Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/16/2010   #5
CK

No PC release? I'll probably have to hire it on the ps3.

Au milieu de mes semblables
Je vois des monstres
J'entends des hurlements
La gorge comprimée
Dans un étau austère
Les yeux bandés
Je me sens étranger
CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/16/2010   #6
Cthulhu

2D wrote: No PC release? I'll probably have to hire it on the ps3.
I think it's safe to assume these days that there will be either no PC release, a PC release six months after the release, a shitty PC port, or all of the above.

i.e. I need to get my holiday moolah and that raise and spend money on a new TV and media center PC and various consoles and games and waste all my free time on that .
Old 05/16/2010   #7
Ghost X

Its bound to be probably as good as GTA4, and I probably should have bought GTA4, but I didn't, so I dunno if I'll buy this one either .
Ghost X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/17/2010   #8
Max Payne

People are saying this game has 2x the landmass of GTA San Andreas.

Holy shit.
Thanked by 3:
Super Mario (05/17/2010), The Twilight Mexican (05/27/2010), X-SOLDIER (05/28/2010)
Old 05/17/2010   #9
Super Mario

God damn! The West never sounded more badass!

YAHOO!
Super Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (05/27/2010)
Old 05/17/2010   #10
Cthulhu

I'm Batman wrote: People are saying this game has 2x the landmass of GTA San Andreas.

Holy shit.
Landmass is actually pretty easy to create (just fire up Terragen and have at it). Filling it with enough content without it being boring, that's the difficult part . GTA:SA had 3 major cities, each one filled with buildings and the like. I expect this game's landmass to be made up of empty hills and the occasional settlement, camp, and such things. So it'll be easier to create such a landmass.

Also, Oblivion and Morrowind were larger, . I think. 16 square miles for the latter, against 4 for GTA:SA. If I'm getting the figures right. Of course, you can move a lot faster in the latter, so I might be completely off here.

Of course, 2 times (wouldn't that be 4 times, perhchance, in total surface?) will feel like a lot more if you don't have fast cars and such to cross it with.
Old 05/17/2010   #11
Max Payne

Thanks for pointing out the obvious there chief.
Old 05/25/2010   #12
Interslicery

I hate rockstar for the fact they make games that look badass, I love everything they show, everything looks awesome, but then when I actually play them I loose interest insanely fast

Interslicery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/25/2010   #13
Cthulhu

Interslicery wrote: I hate rockstar for the fact they make games that look badass, I love everything they show, everything looks awesome, but then when I actually play them I loose interest insanely fast
^. I had to struggle through San Andreas, eventually going into mission grind mode, and didn't even finish IV.
Old 05/26/2010   #14
Ghost X

You see, that's why I had no interest in getting GTAIV or San Andreas.
Ghost X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/27/2010   #15
The Twilight Mexican

Clearly you guys just lack taste.
Thanked by 2:
CK (06/01/2010), Max Payne (05/27/2010)