The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Gaming

Gaming Discuss all things gaming in this subsection.

Old 07/09/2010   #1
Zee
Default Dragon Age Series

Bioware had launched the Dragon Age 2 website!

Key Features:
  • Embark upon an all-new adventure that takes place across an entire decade and shapes itself around every decision you make.
  • Determine your rise to power from a destitute refugee to the revered champion of the land.
  • Think like a general and fight like a Spartan with dynamic new combat mechanics that put you right in the heart of battle whether you are a mage, rogue, or warrior.
  • Go deeper into the world of Dragon Age with an entirely new cinematic experience that grabs hold of you from the beginning and never lets go.
  • Discover a whole realm rendered in stunning detail with updated graphics and a new visual style.
Other things confirmed:

* You play as a human named Hawke (can be male or female)
* The game will take place over a 10 year period
* They are aiming for a March 2011 release

Not much to go on right now, but thoughts? I know a ton of people are already giving cries of protest over not being able to play an elf.

have you got a screw loose? or is it your...animal intuition?

Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Celes Chere (07/09/2010), Serah Farron (01/19/2011)
Old 07/09/2010   #2
Max Payne

Fuck you I was making this thread
Max Payne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/2010   #3
Max Payne

Also, this is basically Mass Effect doing the fusion Dance with Dragon Age, consider me cautiously optimistic. It's nice the character is going to have a voice now though.
Old 07/09/2010   #4
Splintered

So beautiful.

But I want to see Alistar and Morrigan, but the whole "10 years later" makes it suspiciously sound like they're just going to write them out completely or they are going to get the Ashley/Kaidan treatment- one line and an email. Which will make me RAGE.

At least Morrigan and her hell spawn should get a mention.

Splintered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/2010   #5
Celes Chere

The front page looks freaking badass, I'm super excited.
Celes Chere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/2010   #6
Max Payne

Splintered wrote:

But I want to see Alistar and Morrigan, but the whole "10 years later" makes it suspiciously sound like they're just going to write them out completely or they are going to get the Ashley/Kaidan treatment- one line and an email. Which will make me RAGE.
Actually, the game takes place over ten years, not after. I don't think there's been any word about the time frame between the first and the new one mentioned yet.

At least Morrigan and her hell spawn should get a mention
I'm kinda hoping the main character is the son of the original warden and Morrigan.

Also, I know it sounds a little like blasphemy, and while I loved, and I mean loved the combat system in the first game, but I wouldn't mind them mixing real time action controls into the game, while leaving the original combat system in tact if you want to use it. A combination of both would make me jizz
Thanked by:
Celes Chere (01/16/2011)
Old 07/09/2010   #7
Zee

Fuck you I was making this thread
:')

Also, this is basically Mass Effect doing the fusion Dance with Dragon Age, consider me cautiously optimistic. It's nice the character is going to have a voice now though.
Same. Also, I like the idea of a voice actor for the character, but I did like all the options they gave your character in the first game. I guess we'll see how that all balances out.

But I want to see Alistar and Morrigan, but the whole "10 years later" makes is suspiciously sound like they're just going to write them out completely or they are going to get the Ashley/Kaidan treatment- one line and an email. Which will make me RAGE.
Ack, maybe I should clarify -- I don't know how long it'll be between DA and DA2, but DA2 itself is going to cover a decade.

Bring on Morrigan. I...never really liked Alistair. I wish there was a bomb I could have left him with. :C

I'm kinda hoping the main character is the son of the original warden and Morrigan.
They confirmed on the boards that the main character isn't Morrigan's child. :\ I was kinda hoping for that (especially since the chick has some weird demon arm).

Old 07/09/2010   #8
Max Payne

Mari Illustrious Makinami wrote: :')
Bring on Morrigan. I...never really liked Alistair. I wish there was a bomb I could have left him with. :C

Tbh I never liked morrigan, but I fucking LOVE Claudia Black and her voice acting is fan fucking tastic. Which instantly wins her one over boo hoo Alistair.
They confirmed on the boards that the main character isn't Morrigan's child. :\ I was kinda hoping for that (especially since the chick has some weird demon arm).
FAGGOTRY.
Old 07/09/2010   #9
Zee

Tbh I never liked morrigan, but I fucking LOVE Claudia Black and her voice acting is fan fucking tastic. Which instantly wins her one over boo hoo Alistair.
I played as a mage so she and my character were pretty chill. She never annoyed me, at least.

But Alistair. OH GOD. I don't even have any words, he just won't ever shut up

EVER

Old 07/09/2010   #10
Max Payne

What pisses me off is he's always poking fun at my character, but the minute I do it to him, HURP DURP Alistair disapproves.
Thanked by:
CK (03/12/2011)
Old 07/09/2010   #11
Splintered

One of the reasons why I couldn't bring Morrigan along with me is because for EVERYTHING I DID SHE GOT PISSED. Side missions, not being an asshole, not committing mass murder- negative ten points.

I hate lip from my side characters. I am extremely petty and once when I sided with Miranda isntead of Jack, and Jack screamed "FUCK U" at me I got annoyed and now kill her off almost every time I play the ending.

Splintered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/2010   #12
Max Payne

Splintered wrote: One of the reasons why I couldn't bring Morrigan along with me is because for EVERYTHING I DID SHE GOT PISSED. Side missions, not being an asshole, not committing mass murder- negative ten points.

I hate lip from my side characters. I am extremely petty and once when I sided with Miranda isntead of Jack, and Jack screamed "FUCK U" at me I got annoyed and now kill her off almost every time I play the ending.
Jack is a terrible character. At least I managed to get Morrigan on my side AND still be a morally ambiguous hero, without making her my baby daddy.
Thanked by 3:
Celes Chere (06/08/2012), Splintered (07/09/2010), Zee (07/09/2010)
Old 07/09/2010   #13
Cat Rage Room

Sounds exciting. I'm wondering where it takes place. I'm bettering on either Orlais or Tevinter.
Cat Rage Room is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/09/2010   #14
Alessa Gillespie

Mari Illustrious Makinami wrote: Bioware had launched the Dragon Age 2 website!

Other things confirmed:

* You play as a human named Hawke (can be male or female)
* The game will take place over a 10 year period
* They are aiming for a March 2011 release

Not much to go on right now, but thoughts? I know a ton of people are already giving cries of protest over not being able to play an elf.
Why can't I be an elf?

is daddy still a good man?
like a shotgun needs an outcome

don't trust the ones who shake with their left hand

ACKY: IM NOT A TURIAN I CANT MAEK BABBIES WITH GARRUS

Joe: NOT WITH THAT ATTITUDE

can you fight a legendary creature?

i was a TEENAGE CLAIRVOYANT
Alessa Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Celes Chere (06/08/2012)
Old 07/09/2010   #15
Alex

I'm sorry is this the thread for Dragon Age 2 or Fable 3? I can't tell because the game descriptions sound almost exactly the same. Somebody help pls