The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Site, Forums, Staff & Projects > Forum News & Information

Forum News & Information News and issues concerning the forums go here

Old 01/15/2009   #46
ForceStealer
Default Re: We really need to boost the activity here

I know this discussion have moved on from this, but I just wanted to say, from what I've seen, a site that changes its focus is generally one of the last things it does. (Though I know FFOF did it)

And I also know the suggestion was to simply expand, but ACF was HUGE and its focus was solely on the Compilation, so what's the difference?

Anyway, up with the times, I have made mention of our Ultimania translations over at gametrailers, and I do sympathize a bit with Jones' sentiments. There is something to be said for an intimate site versus one that rivals small countries in population. But at the same time fresh blood also allows for new conversations.

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/2009   #47
Cthulhu

Actually, I don't consider FFOF actually changed its focus - its focus never really became the FF series. That, and we realized we could never be better or even half as popular as all the other FF sites, mainly cause we didn't really care about that, .

As for becoming too large, I don't think there's anything we can (or would want to) do against that. It's just a natural process etc.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/2009   #48
Countess Ariadne

I posted about this place on my Livejournal. I don't think it contributed much, but oh well.

I just think this place should focus on quality over quantity on every point: With posts and members. *Shrug.*

I don't really know what's going on with FFOF now, but I loved it at its start. I liked the homey feel where everyone knew each other. But it did seem more like a gathering place of Final Fantasy fans hanging out talking about other things rather than a Final Fantasy forum. If that makes sense.
Countess Ariadne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/16/2009   #49
Username.

No i think that the more members, the more interesting. We would get noobs,nobs,spammers,niceys,pussys,legends,clever ppl, and normal ppl who just log on for the sake of loggin on.

I am far from clever, but isn't the most viewed site from the search on google at the top of the page? if so, then u must do everything you can to get people to view this site. Go on all the other forums and spam this site i say, break some rules for once for christ sake.
Username. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/2009   #50
Purple

I agree. We should promote this site on other sites. More members = more activity. Plus, with ACC only less than 3 months away, we could expect some activity soon.
Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/2009   #51
Mormz

I know that people want to keep the site Compilation focused only, but
people are just tired of talking about FFVII. Even on ACF, we'd have
members come, post some shit for about 3 months - a year, then leave,
and then another person would come, stay for about 4-5 months, post the
same shit that had been said a year ago, then leave. And so the cycle
went.

Honestly, if you could look at ACF again, there would be threads from
present day that would pretty much match up with threads from 2004.

Also, you have to consider the fact that Advent Children was hugely
popular at the time the forums were constructed, and that the reason
they just gained and gained members if because of people telling other
people.

In fact, a friend of mine told me about ACF.

Since then, I think the Compilation has died down quite a bit. The lack
of supurbness in AC and DoC may have contributed to this.

FF13 is what we need to concentrate more on, atm. We can do this whilst
still keeping the Compilation theme we have going on.

Perhaps each Final Fantasy should have its' own sub-forum? Kind of like
what ACF did?

Just a thought.
Mormz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/24/2009   #52
Alex

Expanding to cover each Final Fantasy would be taking on much to much, much too soon and whilst there's (I'm guessing heyur) no real desire to actually expand to that extent imho. Perhaps just creating a subforum for FFXIII updates and discussion and whatnot and leaving the other one for everything else.
Old 01/24/2009   #53
Mormz

Aye, even just an FFXIII sub-forum would be good.
And I didn't mean to do a sub-forum on each FF right away, I just think
it's a good idea for the future.
Mormz is offline   Reply With Quote