The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Archive > TLS Archive > Marquis Halim Ondore IV's Lies

Marquis Halim Ondore IV's Lies I'm Captain Basch. Don't believe Ondore's lies!

Old 11/11/2009   #16
Cannon_Fodder

Mako Eyes wrote: I feel both. KH represents the characters better, and clearly the developers prefer KH more than FF, as shown by how they drew from the former, instead of the latter. Which makes total sense, really.
Okay, I see what you're saying now. I don't really agree, but it makes sense so I can't complain.
Old 11/11/2009   #17
Makoeyes987

Cannon_Fodder wrote: Okay, I see what you're saying now. I don't really agree, but it makes sense so I can't complain.
Of course it makes sense, I'm right

Pretty obvious the developers felt that way too giving them those abilities and shit for KH first and not even their original games.
Old 11/11/2009   #18
Dark and Divine

Oh, C_F, don't mind Mako. He's just be sarcastic. I think...

@Mako - Are you're trying to find someone else to pick up a fight in every thread, now that Dacon is not here anymore?
Old 11/11/2009   #19
Makoeyes987

Dark and Divine wrote: Oh, C_F, don't mind Mako. He's just be sarcastic. I think...
I'm being serious...

@Mako - Are you're trying to find someone else to pick up a fight in every thread, now that Dacon is not here anymore?
I can honestly say I have no idea what you're talking about.
Old 11/11/2009   #20
looneymoon

Mako must be really bored at the moment...

Bit why even HAVE Kingdom Hearts characters in Dissidia when we already have the Kingdom Hearts world to already provide the perfect setting? I've been saying ever since before KH2 came out that they should have characters other than Sora (/Roxas) be controllable. That would be awesome. Especially if you could play as the Disney characters.

Old 11/11/2009   #21
Makoeyes987

Draco Malfoy wrote:
Bit why even HAVE Kingdom Hearts characters in Dissidia when we already have the Kingdom Hearts world to already provide the perfect setting? I've been saying ever since before KH2 came out that they should have characters other than Sora (/Roxas) be controllable. That would be awesome. Especially if you could play as the Disney characters.
Just looking for some good discussion, really.

And KH should be included because its that awesome. Dissidia was kinda lame for just including FF characters. Organization XIII would be truly awesome character additions, as anyone who's played 358/2 would tell you. Could you imagine Saix beating the shit out of Cloud? That would look extremely cool. Or Pete knocking down Garland? That would be lulz.

Hell, they could include other S-E titles, like "The Bouncer." That was one of S-E's best games there. Sion would beat the shit out Firion.

I mean, when you have Kitase stating he'd like to include KH characters, and then the developers end up borrowing heavily from the KH versions of the characters, rather than the FF versions, that says something, doesn't it?
Old 11/11/2009   #22
Dark and Divine

Mako Eyes wrote: I can honestly say I have no idea what you're talking about.
Never mind...

Mako Eyes wrote: Just looking for some good discussion, really.

And KH should be included because its that awesome. Dissidia was kinda lame for just including FF characters. Organization XIII would be truly awesome character additions, as anyone who's played 358/2 would tell you. Could you imagine Saix beating the shit out of Cloud? That would look extremely cool. Or Pete knocking down Garland? That would be lulz.

Hell, they could include other S-E titles, like "The Bouncer." That was one of S-E's best games there. Sion would beat the shit out Firion.

I mean, when you have Kitase stating he'd like to include KH characters, and then the developers end up borrowing heavily from the KH versions of the characters, rather than the FF versions, that says something, doesn't it?

Ondore alert....

Run for your sanity!!!!
Old 11/11/2009   #23
Cannon_Fodder

Mako Eyes wrote: Of course it makes sense, I'm right
Thank God you're not too cocky, that might be awkward for everyone involved

Dark and Divine wrote: Oh, C_F, don't mind Mako. He's just be sarcastic. I think...
Thanks, but it's all good. Sarcasm's kinda a grey area anyway...

Draco Malfoy wrote: Mako must be really bored at the moment...

I agree with this. I've always seen Dissidia as a 'celebration' (term used loosely) of Final Fantasy and it's traditions and such. I have no doubt that Kingdom Hearts is a great series but I don't really see it, I dunno, fitting in with Dissidia.
Old 11/11/2009   #24
Makoeyes987

Cannon_Fodder wrote: Thank God you're not too cocky, that might be awkward for everyone involved
No problem

I agree with this. I've always seen Dissidia as a 'celebration' (term used loosely) of Final Fantasy and it's traditions and such. I have no doubt that Kingdom Hearts is a great series but I don't really see it, I dunno, fitting in with Dissidia.
Well considering Dissidia ripped off KH's whole "light and darkness" thematic (go look at Cecil, Onion Knight, CoD, harmony and disorder, etc) and how neither is inherently bad, but best in balance...I definitely think KH is entitled to appear.

Especially if they're gonna pull the attacks and traits from the KH incarnations into Dissidia here as well, with Cloud, Squall, Sephiroth, etc.
Thanked by:
Cannon_Fodder (11/11/2009)
Old 11/11/2009   #25
Cannon_Fodder

I dunno, isn't the light-dark thing kinda standard? What I mean is, its not really a new revolutionary thing that KH created. Perhaps the KH team drew off that previous inspiration and transferred it to Dissidia. Certain people worked on both games did they not? (SPOILER) Not gonna lie, that sounded better in my head...

Another thing though, similar themes doesn't necessarily mean one franchise is entitled to appear in another. An extreme example is Star Wars. A lot of FF is similar to that, but we don't see stormtroopers confusing Zidane for an ewok.
Old 11/12/2009   #26
Makoeyes987

Cannon_Fodder wrote: I dunno, isn't the light-dark thing kinda standard? What I mean is, its not really a new revolutionary thing that KH created. Perhaps the KH team drew off that previous inspiration and transferred it to Dissidia. Certain people worked on both games did they not? (SPOILER) Not gonna lie, that sounded better in my head...
In terms of S-E titles though, it started with KH. Yeah, its not new to fiction or fantasy, but in terms of SE, KH was the pioneer.

Another thing though, similar themes doesn't necessarily mean one franchise is entitled to appear in another. An extreme example is Star Wars. A lot of FF is similar to that, but we don't see stormtroopers confusing Zidane for an ewok.
Well SW isn't done by SE. So yeah.
Old 11/12/2009   #27
Cannon_Fodder

Mako Eyes wrote: In terms of S-E titles though, it started with KH. Yeah, its not new to fiction or fantasy, but in terms of SE, KH was the pioneer.
All I'm saying is maybe S-E became inspired by this idea and just kept it running through a lot of their titles, and that KH wasn't the reason it was in Dissidia.

Well SW isn't done by SE. So yeah.
Okay, my example was shit, but I stand by the point. Similar themes does not give one franchise entitlement to tie-in to another. Might make it plausible or convenient, but not entitled.

But now I'm arguing for such minor details it seems kinda pointless.
Old 11/12/2009   #28
Makoeyes987

Cannon_Fodder wrote: All I'm saying is maybe S-E became inspired by this idea and just kept it running through a lot of their titles, and that KH wasn't the reason it was in Dissidia.
Going by the fact KH was the first franchise by SE to introduce the whole "balance of light and dark" plot device, it's not an unreasonable assumption to think so. Factually, KH was the first to do it.

Okay, my example was shit, but I stand by the point. Similar themes does not give one franchise entitlement to tie-in to another. Might make it plausible or convenient, but not entitled.

But now I'm arguing for such minor details it seems kinda pointless.
Well I think its entitled because KH is just that good, and their themes fit so well together.
Old 11/12/2009   #29
Alex

I feel both. KH represents the characters better
This bit is actually true though. I just dropped a turd that had more character depth than the cardboard cutouts found in Dissidia.

Keep up the good work though Mako
Old 11/12/2009   #30
Makoeyes987

Ron Weasley wrote: This bit is actually true though. I just dropped a turd that had more character depth than the cardboard cutouts found in Dissidia.

Keep up the good work though Mako
I see you still enjoy trolling and making fun of KH and FF. If anything, KH added more depth to some of the FF characters, than even their originating games. So yeah, I appreciate you acknowledging my observations.