The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Entertainment

Entertainment Poast about movies, television, animé, books, and pyrotechnics in the distance here. Music topics go in The Venue.

Old 03/02/2018   #3391
X-SOLDIER

Red Sparrow – Nothing whatsoever like a Black Widow film. Much more like a gritty, realistic spy film, and dear god it was good. There's barely any soundtrack, and it makes it exceptionally oppressive in the best way possible. I loved it.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04/21/2018   #3392
Claymore

Trying to catch up on the films I've missed in preparation for Infinity War...

Spider-Man Homecoming

Freaking awesome. I was laughing throughout, I loved Parker's entire development, I wanted more Ned, and the Tony Stark interactions were well placed without it feeling like he was intruding.

Unlike Toby, I never once stopped thinking that this was Parker AND Spider-man. Awesome job.
Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (04/23/2018)
Old 04/21/2018   #3393
ChipNoir

I just watched Tale of Tales a few nights ago. Surprisingly good: Anthology of fairy-tale inspired stories happening at the same time among royals. It's semi-horror, with some rather good practical effects. Made me tear up with some of the tragic endings.
ChipNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (04/23/2018)
Old 04/23/2018   #3394
Interslicery

A Quiet Place

Very good. Very tense. I love how much they thought about how you would live in a world where you can't make sound. Including what to do with a baby.

Rampage

I had a blast with this thing. It's exactly the movie I thought it would be (except more brutal and gory than I was expecting, for example there shots of people cut in half), and it was just damn fun. Lots of little additions that were much appreciated.

Interslicery is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
f a n c y (05/10/2018), X-SOLDIER (04/23/2018)
Old 05/09/2018   #3395
Arala

The Lion King. Three times. On a 12 hour flight. I still love that movie. I don't care what anyone says. Simba is so cute.

It. The newest movie. I watched this both before the long flight I mentioned before (several weeks ago) and on the flight. It is surprisingly good for a remake. Remakes are usually... "not very good". Urgh, what am I saying, remakes are usually awful. But It was actually very good. And Pennywise was scary in a different way to the Pennywise in the tv series.
Arala is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Cthulhu (05/09/2018), f a n c y (05/10/2018), Interslicery (05/13/2018)
Old 05/09/2018   #3396
Minato

Where were you going/coming from?
Minato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/09/2018   #3397
Arala

Minato wrote: Where were you going/coming from?
Are you asking me? I was coming back from Vietnam. I live in the UK and I went to Vietnam for 6 weeks with my family. The flight itself was from Hong Kong, though, as we transferred there on the flight from Vietnam to Uk.
Arala is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
f a n c y (05/10/2018), Minato (05/10/2018)
Old 05/09/2018   #3398
SeaDragon

Moana (finally!)
Visually stunning thanks to the amazing art direction that for a while 'lacked on a product disney imho. The plot is pretty and interesting although perhaps I was expecting more, but surely it's an improvement compared to the boredom of Frozen.
SeaDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Anemone (05/28/2018), Ghost X (05/28/2018), Interslicery (05/13/2018)
Old 05/10/2018   #3399
Cthulhu

Män som hatar kvinnor, aka the Swedish version of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo"; I found it really compelling and edge of the seat material, but I think that was mostly because I've read the book and watched the English / Daniel Craig version too, and still forgot some details and the plot twist in the end that is, that Harriet is still alive and had the thing figured out, etc; also the religious connotations and the fact the killer(s) are basically nazis killing women with Jewish names). I also got a stronger feel for the similarities and whatnot between the various storylines that is, Sallander's murder of her father and the death of Martin, as well as Bjurman being a cunt..

I didn't care much for the sequel books though, dunno if I can be fucked to watch the sequel movies.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Ghost X (05/28/2018), Shademp (05/10/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/10/2018)
Old 05/20/2018   #3400
Keveh Kins

I watched Guardians of the Galaxy 2 and thought it was shit

Hire claustrophobics. On the whole,
they're better at thinking outside the box.
Keveh Kins is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Cthulhu (05/20/2018), Ghost X (05/28/2018), Shademp (05/21/2018)
Old 05/28/2018   #3401
Anemone

The Disaster Artist. I haven't seen The Room (although I am of course familiar with its most famous scenes -- YOU'RE TEARING ME APART LISA), but I still thoroughly enjoyed it. It even managed to keep me awake during my flight! I ♡ Dave Franco.
Anemone is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Ghost X (05/28/2018)
Old 06/05/2018   #3402
solo player sab

Finally saw Coco on Netflix this past weekend! The colors were soooOoOoOOOoo pretty...I feel like I totally missed out on seeing all that on the big screen.

Loved the celebration of Mexican heritage. The story was beautiful and I cried like a baby, naturally. Chancla jokes are always necessary and appreciated - although (SPOILER) very smart on Disney to pull a chancla on a grown man instead of a kid I see what you did there!
solo player sab is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Interslicery (06/05/2018)
Old 06/05/2018   #3403
Lucis Caelum

Avengers: Age of Ultron, it's been a while since I saw it. It was fine.

6.5/10
Lucis Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/05/2018   #3404
TyrekeChance

Lucis Caelum wrote: Avengers: Age of Ultron, it's been a while since I saw it. It was fine.

6.5/10
They could have made it better, to be honest. If only they stuck close to the source material (when it came to bringing Ultron to the big screen).
TyrekeChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/10/2018   #3405
Ghost X

Solo: A Star Wars Story

Better than I anticipated, but 3/5 stars .

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Member You'd Most Want to Meet.

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Best Voice.

2017 2nd Place Winner -- Most Likely To Back Out Of A Fight But Remain... Victorious.
Ghost X is offline   Reply With Quote