The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.


Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Compilation of Final Fantasy VII > Final Fantasy VII Remake

Final Fantasy VII Remake The remake of FFVII announced at E3 on June 15th, 2015 -- OUR WHOLE LIVES HAVE BEEN LEADING UP TO THIS MOMENT!!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04/26/2018   #811
ChipNoir
Default

Claymore wrote: I find this quite hard to believe (still reading through the ResetEra thread) since the CC2 assets for the game seemed to be quite far along from what we could see. And this is a sentiment that many echoed that the company were good at doing.

Square-Enix always made it sound like it just wasn't 'polished' enough for their taste, not that it was lagging behind and dragging the project back in its development.

So yeah, not buying it.
I'd have to dig up the news, which I only know through another person sharing it, but it sounds like it was a distance and communication thing. Nomura was talking about how difficult it was to communicate what Square wanted from CC2, and that not everything was 1:1 in results.

So CC2 might even have been doing a good job, but SquareEnix just really wants Nomura on the ground floor. In that case it'd be perfectly reasonable to end the partnership and move all the assets to Dev 1 studios.
ChipNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
The Twilight Mexican (04/27/2018), Theozilla (04/27/2018), X-SOLDIER (04/26/2018)
Old 04/26/2018   #812
Claymore
Default

"I've taken over the development side of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake," Hamaguchi continued. "Up until now, development has progressed by receiving external collaboration, but from here on out, with production and quality in mind, we're shifting to our in-house organisation.

"This company decision was made wanting to control quality as well as keeping the schedule stable."
It will always be difficult to know the exact truth, but with what little we have to go on, the reiteration of 'quality' and 'controlling quality' seem to hint heavily that it wasn't just about propelling the project forward, that there was a level of quality aspect that CC2 wasn't attaining.

Who knows though. Unless CC2 ever come out and discuss this, we may never know the real truth.
Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
ChipNoir (04/26/2018), The Twilight Mexican (04/27/2018), Theozilla (04/27/2018), X-SOLDIER (04/26/2018)
Old 04/26/2018   #813
ChipNoir
Default

Claymore wrote:
"I've taken over the development side of the Final Fantasy 7 Remake," Hamaguchi continued. "Up until now, development has progressed by receiving external collaboration, but from here on out, with production and quality in mind, we're shifting to our in-house organisation.

"This company decision was made wanting to control quality as well as keeping the schedule stable."
It will always be difficult to know the exact truth, but with what little we have to go on, the reiteration of 'quality' and 'controlling quality' seem to hint heavily that it wasn't just about propelling the project forward, that there was a level of quality aspect that CC2 wasn't attaining.

Who knows though. Unless CC2 ever come out and discuss this, we may never know the real truth.
Square could swallow CC2 in one gulp, and I'm surprised they haven't tried doing that more after that take-over spree in 00s. So I'm pretty sure CC2 wouldn't dare break any NDAs. We're never going to hear their side of the story. or at least not till decades have passed.
ChipNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Claymore (04/26/2018), The Twilight Mexican (04/27/2018), Theozilla (04/27/2018), X-SOLDIER (04/26/2018)
Old 04/26/2018   #814
Lucis Caelum
Default

As far as CC2 dragging down or being hard to communicate, I'm unsure of the former but I could see the later happening, there's almost 900km of distance between CC2 HQ (Hakata) and SE HQ (Shinjuku), if you ask me that's quite along distance to have a proper discussion on how a big project should procceded (E-mails could work but face to face talking with the team(s) seems to be more productive).
Lucis Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Shademp (04/26/2018), The Twilight Mexican (04/27/2018), Theozilla (04/27/2018), X-SOLDIER (04/26/2018)
Old 04/26/2018   #815
Lex
Default

That dude said they kept most graphical assets though, they just started the development etc. from scratch. I.e. the systems etc.
__________________


Especially for me, by the awesome GLD!
Serving legendaries with mah Pokécrew.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (04/27/2018), X-SOLDIER (04/26/2018)
Old 04/27/2018   #816
ultima espio
Default

Don't forget that there was talk of Cloud and co being redesigned again since then. There might not be much left from CC2 by now.
ultima espio is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (04/27/2018)
Old 04/27/2018   #817
ChipNoir
Default

ultima espio wrote: Don't forget that there was talk of Cloud and co being redesigned again since then. There might not be much left from CC2 by now.
As far as we know, Cloud's the only one whose been redesigned, and it's not uncommon for character designs to change a lot over the course of a game. I recall a youtube documentary about Ico, and how Yorda went through six or seven different hair styles before they went with her final look.
ChipNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Teioh (04/27/2018), The Twilight Mexican (04/29/2018), Theozilla (04/27/2018), X-SOLDIER (04/27/2018)
Old 04/30/2018   #818
LicoriceAllsorts
Default

I don't know if this was already posted?

Apparently Nomura has been giving interviews to a lot of French gaming sites, including one called Finaland
. Please anyone feel free to improve on my translation, I know my French is far from good.

GamersFlag : Un remaster HD des jeux de la Compilation of Final Fantasy VII (Before Crisis, Crisis Core et Dirge of Cerberus) aurait-il du sens selon vous pour rendre disponible tout le matériel narratif de cet univers sur une même console, comme cela a pu être fait avec les compilations de Kingdom Hearts ? Au-delà de la possibilité ou non de le faire, l'idée vous plaît-elle ?
Would an HD remaster of the games in the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII make sense to you as a way of making all the narrative material of this universe available on one console, as was done with the compilation of Kingdom Hearts? Leaving aside the question of whether or not it's possible, do you like the idea?


Tetsuya Nomura : Si on parle de Final Fantasy VII Remake, qui est un titre chargé de mystère aujourd’hui, il sera différent du Final Fantasy VII original. Si on fait toute la compilation, ces jeux auront du mal à avoir un effet d’ensemble, d’entièreté (note de l’interprète : le terme employé est très vague malheureusement…). Ce sera difficile puisqu’il n’y a pas de continuité entre la compilation et le remake pour le moment.
If we're talking about the Final Fantasy Remake, which is a title laden with mystery today, it will be different from the original FFVII. If we made the whole compilation, it would be difficult to give these games continuity/coherence in their entirety (interpreter's note: the word used here is very vague unfortunately). It will be difficult since there's no continuity between the compilation and the remake for now.
__________________



<img src=http://i738.photobucket.com/albums/xx25/licoriceallsorts/smallerfiftyshadesofTseng-1.jpg border=0 alt= />

FIFTY SHADES OF TSENG
LicoriceAllsorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 6:
Alex Strife (05/01/2018), f a n c y (05/07/2018), Lex (04/30/2018), Minato (05/03/2018), The Twilight Mexican (05/02/2018), X-SOLDIER (04/30/2018)
Old 04/30/2018   #819
X-SOLDIER
Default

The more I hear about it, the most I really like the idea of them adapting the things that they want into a proper retelling how they want, especially with how much stuff they'll be able to add when it comes to small details and such.




X
__________________
Cyclops. Is. Right.





…Xenomorphaux Pas…



Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon


~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Alex Strife (05/01/2018), f a n c y (05/07/2018), Minato (05/03/2018), The Twilight Mexican (05/02/2018), Theozilla (05/01/2018)
Old 04/30/2018   #820
Shademp
Default

LicoriceAllsorts wrote: I don't know if this was already posted?
For some reason it only got posted about in the Hopes for the remake (story/content) thread. The article slipped me by for almost a year.

EDIT: My bad, it was actually linked in this very thread. XP


I made sure to link to the coverage by novacrystallis back when I posted about the end of Final Fantasy Mobile.
What is the future of Before Crisis and its kin of elusive mobile spin-offs? Is there even a future to speak of, considering that the canon of the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII is currently in limbo due to the FFVII Remake?

Square Enix certainly isn’t discarding the legacy of the Compilation even if they undo its canonicity. It is difficult to imagine that Cloud’s Advent Children costume would ever be discarded from his various cameos and crossover appearances even if the FFVII Remake declares a new continuity/timeline.
...and I proceed to talk about the Compilation's continued presence in various Final Fantasy spin-offs.
__________________
My YouTube Channel!
FINAL FANTASY VII UNCOVERED
Clement Rage wrote: All hail Shademp, God of Dirge.
Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 7:
Alex Strife (05/01/2018), f a n c y (05/07/2018), Lex (04/30/2018), LicoriceAllsorts (04/30/2018), The Twilight Mexican (05/02/2018), Theozilla (05/01/2018), X-SOLDIER (04/30/2018)
Old 05/03/2018   #821
cold_spirit
Default

ChipNoir wrote: I can't prove he's fake, but absolutely nothing he's said remotely seems likely.

Edit: https://twitter.com/Dan_Tsukasa

Oh look. His reddit is gone. His twitter is gone.

Hrmmmm
Dark Pixel Gaming's most recent podcast featured a follow-up discussion to their video earlier this week on Dan Tsukasa's "leaks". They basically felt that we shouldn't give his word too much credence. With businesses as large as SE having so many moving parts, his claims could be nothing more than work gossip.

ChipNoir got a brief shout out during the podcast. I know hian gets a name drop every now and then. Pixel was a guest on the show before. I see a few of ya'll randomly on different subreddits. The internet's a big place, I shouldn't see you all as often as I do.
cold_spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 10:
Alex Strife (05/04/2018), f a n c y (05/14/2018), ForceStealer (05/03/2018), Lex (05/03/2018), Mr. Ite (05/03/2018), Shademp (05/03/2018), Teioh (05/03/2018), The Twilight Mexican (05/03/2018), Theozilla (05/03/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/03/2018)
Old 05/03/2018   #822
Random Nobody
Default

Shademp wrote:
Square Enix certainly isn’t discarding the legacy of the Compilation even if they undo its canonicity. It is difficult to imagine that Cloud’s Advent Children costume would ever be discarded from his various cameos and crossover appearances even if the FFVII Remake declares a new continuity/timeline.
...................Denzel.

But on the other hand, Genesis..............

Random Nobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05/03/2018   #823
ChipNoir
Default

cold_spirit wrote:
ChipNoir wrote: I can't prove he's fake, but absolutely nothing he's said remotely seems likely.

Edit: https://twitter.com/Dan_Tsukasa

Oh look. His reddit is gone. His twitter is gone.

Hrmmmm
Dark Pixel Gaming's most recent podcast featured a follow-up discussion to their video earlier this week on Dan Tsukasa's "leaks". They basically felt that we shouldn't give his word too much credence. With businesses as large as SE having so many moving parts, his claims could be nothing more than work gossip.

ChipNoir got a brief shout out during the podcast. I know hian gets a name drop every now and then. Pixel was a guest on the show before. I see a few of ya'll randomly on different subreddits. The internet's a big place, I shouldn't see you all as often as I do.
It's a strange feeling when you go from just being a voice among many to becoming someone in the public eye. But hey, The Lifestream probably has some of the best authorities on the subject of FF. Shademp deserves some highlight somewhere next.

Visibility is probably gonna be even bigger if I can get the hang of video editing, and get some of X-Soldier's work onto youtube to represent Lifestream in the media realm. It's been a long time since a project has been associated with our community.
ChipNoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 10:
Alex Strife (05/04/2018), Claymore (05/04/2018), f a n c y (05/14/2018), Lex (05/07/2018), Minato (05/04/2018), Shademp (05/03/2018), Teioh (05/03/2018), The Twilight Mexican (05/04/2018), Theozilla (05/05/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/03/2018)
Old 05/07/2018   #824
hian
Default

This site is deff the best source of FFVII stuff on the internet imo.
hian is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 8:
Alex Strife (05/07/2018), f a n c y (05/14/2018), Mr. Ite (05/13/2018), Shademp (05/07/2018), Teioh (05/07/2018), The Twilight Mexican (05/07/2018), Theozilla (05/07/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/07/2018)
Old 05/07/2018   #825
Lex
Default

ChipNoir wrote:
cold_spirit wrote:
ChipNoir wrote: I can't prove he's fake, but absolutely nothing he's said remotely seems likely.

Edit: https://twitter.com/Dan_Tsukasa

Oh look. His reddit is gone. His twitter is gone.

Hrmmmm
Dark Pixel Gaming's most recent podcast featured a follow-up discussion to their video earlier this week on Dan Tsukasa's "leaks". They basically felt that we shouldn't give his word too much credence. With businesses as large as SE having so many moving parts, his claims could be nothing more than work gossip.

ChipNoir got a brief shout out during the podcast. I know hian gets a name drop every now and then. Pixel was a guest on the show before. I see a few of ya'll randomly on different subreddits. The internet's a big place, I shouldn't see you all as often as I do.
It's a strange feeling when you go from just being a voice among many to becoming someone in the public eye. But hey, The Lifestream probably has some of the best authorities on the subject of FF. Shademp deserves some highlight somewhere next.

Visibility is probably gonna be even bigger if I can get the hang of video editing, and get some of X-Soldier's work onto youtube to represent Lifestream in the media realm. It's been a long time since a project has been associated with our community.
You're more than welcome to go for this Chip.
__________________


Especially for me, by the awesome GLD!
Serving legendaries with mah Pokécrew.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
ChipNoir (05/07/2018), f a n c y (05/14/2018), Minato (05/07/2018), The Twilight Mexican (05/07/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/07/2018)
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:37 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.