The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Compilation of Final Fantasy VII > Final Fantasy VII Remake

Final Fantasy VII Remake The remake of FFVII announced at E3 on June 15th, 2015 -- OUR WHOLE LIVES HAVE BEEN LEADING UP TO THIS MOMENT!!

Old 06/15/2015   #16
ultima espio

It would so so funny if this was true. All those years of trolling it, and finally doing it but with a twisted catch...
ultima espio is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Shademp (06/15/2015), The Twilight Mexican (06/15/2015)
Old 06/15/2015   #17
Shademp

It brings a happy tear to my eye that the tradition of FFVII remake rumours is being upheld.
Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 7:
Alex Strife (06/15/2015), Claymore (06/15/2015), Dark and Divine (06/16/2015), Kingdom Hearts530 (06/15/2015), SirVival (06/15/2015), T@ctic (06/16/2015), The Twilight Mexican (06/15/2015)
Old 06/15/2015   #18
Flintlock

ultima espio wrote: It would so so funny if this was true. All those years of trolling it, and finally doing it but with a twisted catch...
What's the twisted catch? iOS exclusive?
Flintlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Airling (06/16/2015), Claymore (06/15/2015), Kingdom Hearts530 (06/15/2015), The Twilight Mexican (06/15/2015)
Old 06/15/2015   #19
ultima espio

Well you know SE, always something.

Want FFV and VI remade? smartphone exclusive with crappy sprites.

FFIII and IV remade? DS exclusive with horrible chibis and voice acting.
ultima espio is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Blade (06/16/2015), Claymore (06/15/2015), The Twilight Mexican (06/15/2015)
Old 06/15/2015   #20
Jason Tandro

I can just see it now. It'll be the troll that keeps on trolling. E3 2035 rolls around. Us bitter fanboys and fangals will be in our 50s and 60s. The new owner of Square-Enix Tanaka Sakaguchi, the spry young grandson of Hironobu who attained CEO status at the unprecedented age of 17 when his hit game Final Fantasy Swipe Screen Get Nostalgia broke 250 million Subscribers and thanks to the mobile rate hike of 2023 amounted to an extra 4.5 billion yen in revenue.

He takes the stage the signs of a long life in a short time everpresent on his hollow eyes and fashionably unkempt hair. He begins his anticipated speech with the following sentence.

"Fans of ours have been preparing for this moment for almost as long as we have." With a nod to the hologram projector a single image appears on the screen bearing the logo we all know and love. Final Fantasy VII.

There is a thundrous applause and Sakaguchi absorbs their joy. Seeing it crushed is the only thing that gives him pleasure anymore since his super-heroin addiction.

"That's right. Final Fantasy VII will be remade after all. Into a pay-to-win mobile game with a highly abridged stort, half the musical score and no significant graphical upgrade."

The applause dies down. Somewhere in the distance we hear a coughing sound. Hironobu-san takes to the stage quite unexpectedly, wheelchair bound and weak.

Sakaguchi the younger seems confused and patrons scan their pprograms; this was clearly not part of the show.

"When i saved Squaresoft from disaster, I did so with luck and innovation. When my team, Nomura-san, Uematsu-san Amano-san and so many others made each game, we wanted to impress our fans and try something new. But somewhere along the way, we forgot what it was to tell a story. We forgot why we began making games in the first place."

"Ojichan, please," Sakaguchi the younger says with only a hint of affection in his voice.

"No more Tanakachan. No more than this. My Final Fantasy is to restore the honor of my franchise. And this is the only way."

Drawing a kodachi from his wheelchair he plunges it swiftly into his grandsons stomach before turning the blade on himself. Security takes to the stage but it is too late. Tanaka has stopped moving and Hironobu has slumped forward.

He turns to his fans aghast at the scene. He points a single loving finger and utters his final words.

"And you."
Jason Tandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 7:
Claymore (06/15/2015), Cthulhu (06/15/2015), Kingdom Hearts530 (06/15/2015), Shademp (06/15/2015), The Twilight Mexican (06/15/2015), Tid (06/16/2015), Trainer Red (06/16/2015)
Old 06/15/2015   #21
Knuxson

ForceStealer wrote: Heh, our server struggles when all of us are on. I can only imagine what would happen under the crush of traffic from a VII remake rumor.

it would certainly be fun time. For awhile anyway, we'd get a few days of honeymoon, then the internet would flip the switch back to maximum cynicism and we'd have 400 op-eds about how VII's overrated and how much everything will suck and how they can't do the Wall Market scene and blah blah blah.
It wouldn't be Final Fantasy VII without the Wall Market scene.

And, Jason, that got dark , yo.
Knuxson is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Jason Tandro (06/15/2015), The Twilight Mexican (06/16/2015)
Old 06/15/2015   #22
Jason Tandro

Knuxson wrote:
And, Jason, that got dark , yo.

I only meant to write the first part, but I got into a flow...
Jason Tandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (06/16/2015)
Old 06/15/2015   #23
ForceStealer

Knuxson wrote: It wouldn't be Final Fantasy VII without the Wall Market scene.
Of course, but people always say that about a remake. And I don't know why. If anything it will be a lot less racey now than it was in 1997.

This rumor is now picked up by gamespot, I see it's gaining traction at about the same rate as it does every year. Building up to the press conference that day, only to die once again. It's like Old Faithful.

lol, but boy, an FF7 and Last Guardian-featured Sony press conference would be nigh unbeatable.

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Kingdom Hearts530 (06/15/2015), Shademp (06/15/2015), The Twilight Mexican (06/16/2015), Tid (06/16/2015)
Old 06/15/2015   #24
Cthulhu

ForceStealer wrote: Heh, our server struggles when all of us are on. I can only imagine what would happen under the crush of traffic from a VII remake rumor.
We'd upgrade our server, use Cloudflare or something for frontpage caching, slap some more ads on there or even sell out completely (with takeovers and shit) to pay for it, get modern software to deal with it all (PHP is really shit performance-wise, comparatively) and a stack that can horizontally and dynamically scale based on load, etc.

TL;DR, there is no such a thing as too many visitors, .
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 6:
Dark and Divine (06/16/2015), Flintlock (06/15/2015), ForceStealer (06/15/2015), Minato (06/15/2015), Shademp (06/15/2015), The Twilight Mexican (06/16/2015)
Old 06/15/2015   #25
ForceStealer

Cthulhu wrote: Cloudflare
Appropriate.

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
Thanked by 14:
55- (06/18/2015), Chloe Frazer (06/15/2015), Cthulhu (06/16/2015), Dark and Divine (06/16/2015), Flintlock (06/15/2015), Kingdom Hearts530 (06/15/2015), Lex (06/15/2015), Minato (06/15/2015), Obsidian Fire (06/15/2015), Shademp (06/15/2015), Strangelove (06/15/2015), Tetsujin (06/15/2015), The Twilight Mexican (06/16/2015), Unlucky (12/10/2015)
Old 06/15/2015   #26
Metal Heart

I really am not so sure about a remake just yet. Because I keep thinking Genesis will invade every cutscene. j/k

But really hope if it is true. They give us a decent trailer at least and not recycled Advent Children Sephiroth walking through flames.
Metal Heart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/2015   #27
ForceStealer

lol, I doubt it. Given that basically everything is told from Cloud's point of view, there would be no where for Genesis to be. Besides, this isn't like Toriyama and Lightning, no one at Square has a permanent hard-on for Genesis...he was just the antagonist in Crisis Core.

As I've said before, I would be cool with optional side content that tied to Compilation stuff (such as Modeoheim being an optional endgame dungeon, for example), but the main story should be left alone.

Thanked by 5:
Kingdom Hearts530 (06/15/2015), Knuxson (06/15/2015), Lex (06/16/2015), The Twilight Mexican (06/16/2015), Tid (06/16/2015)
Old 06/15/2015   #28
SirVival

Oh it's this time of the year again? What would go better with fresh strawberries than some of FF7 remake rumours?

some of the comments though are torturing to read.

Koolz • an hour ago
Square Enix will announce later today that Final Fantasy VII is getting
the remake fans have been begging for, GamesBeat has learned from our
own sources. The new version of the classic role-playing game will be
revealed at Sony’s pre-E3 press briefing. We’ll add more details once we
know more — including the developer, though we hear it’s a studio with a
long history of making RPGs

Siliconera was one of the first though to spill it. It's Buzzing the whole net.
Wait for Square Enix's E3 Presentation

I'm getting too old for this shit. This year I'm just gonna enjoy other people's tears
SirVival is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (06/16/2015)
Old 06/15/2015   #29
SirVival

Sorry for double posting, but actually I'm not enjoying this at all. Fuck, I thought I'd be cool and take the high road, but reading those comments from the siliconera.com really give my cancer a herpes. God fuck how stupid can people be? It's 2015, for fuck's sake!
SirVival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/2015   #30
Knuxson

ForceStealer wrote: lol, I doubt it. Given that basically everything is told from Cloud's point of view, there would be no where for Genesis to be. Besides, this isn't like Toriyama and Lightning, no one at Square has a permanent hard-on for Genesis...he was just the antagonist in Crisis Core.

As I've said before, I would be cool with optional side content that tied to Compilation stuff (such as Modeoheim being an optional endgame dungeon, for example), but the main story should be left alone.
Totally agree with this. I would love it if they left the story alone except for translation fixes. If they bring in a lot of extraneous stuff that wasn't in the original game, change plot or character personalities, etc., I would be extremely unhappy. I think extra stuff, such as the optional Modeoheim example you gave, would be OK.
Knuxson is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (06/16/2015), Tid (06/16/2015)