The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Gaming

Gaming Discuss all things gaming in this subsection.

Old 05/30/2018   #1
Kionae
Default Fallout 76

So... Bethesda dropped a teaser trailer for Fallout 76 last night.

YouTube Video

It's to be released on PS4, Xbox One, and PC.

You might recall from mentions of it in Fallout 3 and 4 that Vault 76 was a control vault (i.e. no fucked up experiments were performed on the residents) located near Washington DC and was supposed to reopen in 2097, 20 years after the bombs fell in 2077 (though the date displayed on the Pip-Boy in the trailer is Oct 27, 2102... which would place it before Fallout 3 and 4, chronologically).

Rumors of multiplayer aspects have already started circulating.

Bethesda’s E3 press conference is on June 10 at 6:30pm PST.

Awards 'n Stuffs

Least Likely to Win an Award - 2nd Place
Kionae is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Chloe Frazer (05/31/2018), Cthulhu (05/30/2018), Ergo (05/30/2018), Russell (05/30/2018), X-SOLDIER (05/30/2018)
Old 05/30/2018   #2
ForceStealer

Online, no thanks

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Russell (05/30/2018)
Old 05/30/2018   #3
Literally Who?

From Jason Schreier

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/st...32458164285442

I think it's really important to reiterate this: Anyone who spends the next two weeks expecting Fallout: 76 to be a new traditional single-player RPG will be VERY disappointed

https://twitter.com/jasonschreier/st...29118583992320

From what I've heard, Fallout: 76 is an online game of some sort. Developed by BGS in both Maryland and Austin (formerly Battlecry)

-

Because I've seen some people misinterpreting this tweet, I did NOT say this is an MMO. I just know it's not strictly single-player. Also, lol:

Considering his track record I'm just going to assume hes right lol. Shame its not going to be a traditional-new FO game. Was hoping for something more like FO:NV and not Shelter

Some people on reddit are starting to think its a city building game of sorts given the responsibility of Vault 76 inhabitants to rebuild the world.
Literally Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Chloe Frazer (05/31/2018)
Old 05/30/2018   #4
Russell

ForceStealer wrote: Online, no thanks
^This.

I love Fallout games but I like to go at my own pace and drink in the atmosphere. The ability to say "What's that building over there" and then lose 2 hours of your life.

Multiplayer would ruin that.

Edit Gabe ninja'ed me
A Fallout city builder is interesting...

Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Kionae (05/30/2018)
Old 05/30/2018   #5
Kionae

Literally Who? wrote: Some people on reddit are starting to think its a city building game of sorts given the responsibility of Vault 76 inhabitants to rebuild the world.
You know... I wouldn't actually hate that. I sank a ridiculous amount of time into Fallout 4's settlement building.

Awards 'n Stuffs

Least Likely to Win an Award - 2nd Place
Kionae is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Russell (05/31/2018)
Old 05/30/2018   #6
Ergo

Deep into that darkness peering,
long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting,
dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
Ergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Russell (05/31/2018)
Old 05/30/2018   #7
Literally Who?

Sources: Fallout 76 Is An Online Survival RPG

ehhhhhhh =/ stopped reading when they name dropped Rust etc. , No thanks. Dayz , Rust, H1z1 Survive are all fine in theory but a key feature of all those games is always like the biggest fuck no to me.

Anyone can come along and wreck all your shit while your asleep/being an adult irl.
Unless your in a clan that can guard your home 24/7 be prepared for a perpetual world of annoyance, and if you are in said clan prepare for a boring ass game.

The only game I ever played that did survival right was a political server of Minecraft called Civcraft, and that was only because the whole thing was based on the backbone of player run nations, alliances, laws, prisons and bounties so that every wrong has a chance to be righted with in the games economy and nation law system and it was all run by players who made up each nations or cities government.

Man I miss civcraft lol.

Last edited by Literally Who?; 05/30/2018 at 11:55 PM.
Thanked by 2:
Chloe Frazer (05/31/2018), Russell (05/31/2018)
Old 05/31/2018   #8
Cthulhu

Mind you, I think all of those games are rough and unpolished as fuck, and I really hope Bethesda will finally come in and up the ante for that genre of games. Including a "yeah I'd rather you didn't fuck my shit up tyvm" kinda mode / feature.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Literally Who? (05/31/2018)
Old 05/31/2018   #9
Literally Who?

this is going to be interesting

YouTube Video