The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Final Fantasy > Sub-Final Fantasy > Kingdom Hearts

Kingdom Hearts All games in the Final Fantasy/Disney cross-over series Kindgom Hearts.

Old 12/17/2008   #1
ForceStealer
Default Kingdom Hearts

I'm surprised there aren't any topics about this yet, but here's some gameplay from Birth By Sleep to kick it off:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43757.html

And this is...like 100 years before right? Or am I making that up?

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/17/2008   #2
looneymoon
Default Re: Kingdom Hearts

I'm actually more excited for the new KH games than most other upcoming Square games right now. I just hope they get working on a KH3 sometime soon

I just got the PS2 version of CoM, so I can finally actually make sense of the story without having to refer back to summaries.

looneymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2008   #3
Strangelove

[quote author=ForceStealer link=topic=144.msg2491#msg2491 date=1229555778]
[/quote]
I haven't followed that game, but it's 10 years I think. You see little Sora and Riku in one of the videos.

That you have to press more than just circle and the occasional triangle seems interesting. Even if it is just a different combinations of those. But if they use square and X, will you not be able to defend like the other games?
Old 12/18/2008   #4
Tetsujin

[/quote]

Remove a zero and you're about right.
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2008   #5
ForceStealer

Really? I seemed to remember hearing that KHII's "secret" ending, took place a really long time ago. Hence the drastically different looks.

But I suppose KH can explain away any look as another world.

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
Old 12/18/2008   #6
Tennyo

Action commands! (or whatever they were called)

I only hope that they treat magic the way it was in KH and NOT the way it was in KHII.
Old 12/18/2008   #7
ForceStealer

You mean useless?

Old 12/18/2008   #8
Tennyo

That I do.
Old 12/18/2008   #9
Purple

I'm very excited about this game, mainly because my psp is no longer broken.
Purple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/18/2008   #10
haichinamie

I haven't really been following these new games since the KH storyline just about bored me to tears come KH2. And Terra has a very uninteresting character design tbqh. But the battle system looks interesting enough.
haichinamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/01/2009   #11
Arianna

Well, I finally played through Kingdom Hearts! It took quite a while, with long pauses, but then I got into the game play and found it hard to stop. I think the game has a good system for play - whatever that's appropriately called - battle system or what-have-you; I rated it about an 8 on a 1-10 scale (10 being great, excellent, no better possible.) I didn't like the story though, as I found that hard to follow. I get the general gist of the game, but there are some details that just - eh. And since I didn't have 'Final Mix' I was a bit disappointed when after defeating Sephiroth, he just up and vanishes in a shine of light instead of meets up with Cloud. The music was excellent, that much is sure; though, I'm not sure about Simple and Clean. *shrugs* Oh, and some of the worlds were better than others - I for one loved Traverse Town, Wonderland, Halloween Town, Hollow Bastion, and End of the World (pre boss(es?) ending).

... Now I'm progressing through Kingdom Hearts II. Once again, I have no clue as to where the storyline is going and honestly have no clue as to why I should care (as both a player and as Sora.) Though, the end of the prologue as well as leaving Twilight Town was very emotional. I cried a lot.

Please click here and help my eggs and hatchlings!
(Thank you!)

Splintered wrote: [Jihl] was like "I AM GUNNA BE RELEVA-" nvm

Arianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/01/2009   #12
OWA-2

I'm surprised there aren't any topics about this yet[/quote]

Well, this is the FF section of the forums... And KH is not part of the FF series, so... I'm not that surprised.
OWA-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/01/2009   #13
Cthulhu

It's... a very debatable issue, now you mention it . We've stated that the FF section is for FF games only, and other (non-FF, even those from SE itself) should go into the general section. However, KH is (imho) half an FF game, hence the debatableness~ism-ish-like.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2009   #14
Celes Chere

Wow, Terra looks like a really funked up Samurai... It bothers me a little. :/ (That is Terra, right?)

He looks like Zack though, so all is forgiven.

Anyways, I'm not really excited for the newer games. There's someone identical to Roxas (Ven, I believe?) and then a mysterious number 14 orgy member that is pretty much a character that was grabbed from a horribly written fanfiction.

I'm not sure I'll waste money on the new games, but hey, I may be pleasantly surprised after I mooch off of my friends.

Celes Chere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/02/2009   #15
Makoeyes987

You know, everyone says that about Xion, the new 14th Org member who's friends with Roxas and Axel, but I wonder if they'd give her that much flack if she was a boy?

Because when another keyblade wielder showed up who was connected to Sora and the others (i.e. Roxas) no one really complained at all. They were actually pretty excited over him.

It just really perplexes me.
Makoeyes987 is offline   Reply With Quote