The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.


Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Compilation of Final Fantasy VII > Pre-Crisis Final Fantasy VII

Pre-Crisis Final Fantasy VII All content for Before Crisis and Crisis Core focusing on the 8 years, leading directly up until the events of Final Fantasy VII.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09/09/2017   #1
Lucis Caelum
Default Square-Enix has no plans to remake Crisis Core at the moment (2017)

In a interview with PCGAMER, Hajime Tabata was asked about the posibility of a remade of Crisis Core, this is what he said:

PCGAMER: One of my own favourite Final Fantasy games is the PlayStation Portable's Crisis Core. If you ever remade that would you bring it to PC?

Tabata: [Laughs] If I remade it? There's no plans to to remake that, no.

PCGAMER:I think you should.

Tabata:I think that'd have to be after the seven remake. I think once that's out, that might create some kind of chance for that. But at the moment, before that, I can't say if that's likely. I'm very happy to hear you suggest that, though.

PCGAMER:That's not a no, then, in light of the FF7 remake.

Tabata: No, I think as far as Final Fantasy 7 is concerned, the remake of that is top priority for now. At the moment, because we've changed our internal structure, we're not the team working on the seven remake so I really can't say anything about it.
Lucis Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 9:
Alex Strife (09/09/2017), Ami (09/09/2017), Dark and Divine (09/09/2017), Flare (09/10/2017), SeaDragon (09/10/2017), T@ctic (06/01/2018), Tennyo (09/15/2017), The Twilight Mexican (09/09/2017), Theozilla (09/09/2017)
Old 09/09/2017   #2
Minato
Default

Well obviously they're too busy to remake it outright, but they could still port it to the PS4 like they did Type-0 ask about that. Thanks for wasting an interview, PCGAMER.
Minato is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 8:
Alex Strife (09/09/2017), Ami (09/09/2017), f a n c y (09/10/2017), ForceStealer (09/09/2017), Mr. Ite (09/09/2017), T@ctic (06/01/2018), The Twilight Mexican (09/09/2017), Theozilla (09/09/2017)
Old 09/09/2017   #3
jazzflower92
Default

I say Crisis Core was mediocre, and I can do without Genesis.
jazzflower92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
looneymoon (01/05/2018), paleofan (09/15/2017)
Old 09/10/2017   #4
Tashasaurous
Post

Brandon Stark wrote: Well obviously they're too busy to remake it outright, but they could still port it to the PS4 like they did Type-0 ask about that. Thanks for wasting an interview, PCGAMER.
I think they should just port Crisis Core to PS4 because there's no need for a remake for that cool game.

PCGAMER I think really should've asked about the possibilties of doing the Before Crisis Remake after seven's remake because that's the only Final Fantasy VII game that hasn't been released outside Japan(unless you want to include the lost episode of Dirge of Cerberus).
Tashasaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Flare (09/10/2017), SeaDragon (09/10/2017), T@ctic (06/01/2018), The Twilight Mexican (09/10/2017)
Old 09/10/2017   #5
The Twilight Mexican
Default

Lost Episode was actually released outside Japan a few days after it premiered there. It was only ever available on limited devices, though.

I agree with your point, though, that it makes more sense to ask this question about Before Crisis than to ask about Crisis Core.
__________________
Quexinos wrote: I wish I had been there when Cloud realized he had geostigma. I bet he cried.
hito wrote: man i miss flip phones, they were cool and now everything is a boring slab
The Twilight Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Tashasaurous (09/10/2017), Theozilla (09/10/2017)
Old 09/10/2017   #6
Flare
Default

I wouldn't mind some kind of remake or PS4 port of Crisis Core, I think my biggest desire is to just see the game on a big screen. Otherwise I honestly don't think it needs a remake.
But if there was a remake of it, I wouldn't mind extra story content with good!Sephiroth
Flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 6:
LicoriceAllsorts (09/10/2017), SeaDragon (09/10/2017), T@ctic (06/01/2018), The Twilight Mexican (09/10/2017), Theozilla (09/10/2017), Unit-01 (09/17/2017)
Old 09/10/2017   #7
Lucis Caelum
Default

Tashasaurous wrote: PCGAMER I think really should've asked about the possibilties of doing the Before Crisis Remake after seven's remake because that's the only Final Fantasy VII game that hasn't been released outside Japan(unless you want to include the lost episode of Dirge of Cerberus).
The Twilight Mexican wrote: I agree with your point, though, that it makes more sense to ask this question about Before Crisis than to ask about Crisis Core.
Well the problem about that is, how many people know about the existence of Before Crisis (outside of a very niche and dedicated fanbase )?
Lucis Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
LicoriceAllsorts (09/10/2017), T@ctic (06/01/2018)
Old 09/10/2017   #8
SeaDragon
Default

^ Good question but I would love a Before Crisis remake. Anyway, Crisis Core needs just a port than a remake.
SeaDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
f a n c y (09/11/2017), LicoriceAllsorts (09/10/2017), T@ctic (06/01/2018), Tashasaurous (09/10/2017), Theozilla (09/10/2017)
Old 09/10/2017   #9
Tashasaurous
Post

Lulcy wrote:
Tashasaurous wrote: PCGAMER I think really should've asked about the possibilties of doing the Before Crisis Remake after seven's remake because that's the only Final Fantasy VII game that hasn't been released outside Japan(unless you want to include the lost episode of Dirge of Cerberus).
The Twilight Mexican wrote: I agree with your point, though, that it makes more sense to ask this question about Before Crisis than to ask about Crisis Core.
Well the problem about that is, how many people know about the existence of Before Crisis (outside of a very niche and dedicated fanbase)?
Probably at least half of the world if they look it up on the internet or have checked out the translated gameplay on Youtube.

SeaDragon wrote: I would love a Before Crisis remake. Anyway, Crisis Core needs just a port than a remake.
Totally agreed.
Tashasaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
SeaDragon (09/10/2017)
Old 09/10/2017   #10
Lucis Caelum
Default

Tashasaurous wrote: Probably at least half of the world if they look it up on the internet or have checked out the translated gameplay on Youtube.
That doesn't mean a lot of people will interested and looking up if there's a FFVII spin off.
Lucis Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/10/2017   #11
The Twilight Mexican
Default

Lulcy wrote:
Tashasaurous wrote: PCGAMER I think really should've asked about the possibilties of doing the Before Crisis Remake after seven's remake because that's the only Final Fantasy VII game that hasn't been released outside Japan(unless you want to include the lost episode of Dirge of Cerberus).
The Twilight Mexican wrote: I agree with your point, though, that it makes more sense to ask this question about Before Crisis than to ask about Crisis Core.
Well the problem about that is, how many people know about the existence of Before Crisis (outside of a very niche and dedicated fanbase )?
While we can't know the number of people (or people who are gamers) who are aware of its existence, presumably the folks at this video game publication are among them.

And if anything, the limited exposure to BC is precisely why it makes more sense to ask this question about that game than CC.
__________________
Quexinos wrote: I wish I had been there when Cloud realized he had geostigma. I bet he cried.
hito wrote: man i miss flip phones, they were cool and now everything is a boring slab
The Twilight Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
f a n c y (09/11/2017), Ryuman (09/10/2017), Tashasaurous (09/10/2017), Theozilla (09/10/2017)
Old 09/10/2017   #12
Lucis Caelum
Default

The Twilight Mexican wrote: And if anything, the limited exposure to BC is precisely why it makes more sense to ask this question about that game than CC.
But the limited exposure makes it so that very few people know of its existence, hence it makes sense they wouldn't ask a question about something they don't know exist in the first place.
Lucis Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09/10/2017   #13
Tashasaurous
Post

Lulcy wrote:
The Twilight Mexican wrote: And if anything, the limited exposure to BC is precisely why it makes more sense to ask this question about that game than CC.
But the limited exposure makes it so that very few people know of its existence, hence it makes sense they wouldn't ask a question about something they don't know exist in the first place.
It was the same thing with Kingdom Hearts Coded Mobile before that was remade, though, and that mobile version wasn't released outside Japan either.

Besides, as Tabata said a year or two back, Crisis Core is already in english whereas Before Crisis wasn't. I'm one of those people who found out of it's very existance online, both research and Youtube wise, and of course this site too.

It makes sense to have that game remade and released worldwide. We don't need a repeat of all the previous Kingdom Hearts games or the original Final Fantasy titles that are already in other languages.
Tashasaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Soakette (09/16/2017), The Twilight Mexican (09/10/2017)
Old 09/10/2017   #14
The Twilight Mexican
Default

Lulcy wrote:
The Twilight Mexican wrote: And if anything, the limited exposure to BC is precisely why it makes more sense to ask this question about that game than CC.
But the limited exposure makes it so that very few people know of its existence, hence it makes sense they wouldn't ask a question about something they don't know exist in the first place.
See my previous post again; specifically the part about the publication being worth their salt enough -- given that video games are their topic -- to know of BC.
__________________
Quexinos wrote: I wish I had been there when Cloud realized he had geostigma. I bet he cried.
hito wrote: man i miss flip phones, they were cool and now everything is a boring slab
The Twilight Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Tashasaurous (09/11/2017), Theozilla (09/12/2017)
Old 09/10/2017   #15
Animexcel
Default

Why should there be a remake of Crisis Core in the first place? The graphics aren't even that bad.
__________________

Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 6:
f a n c y (09/11/2017), Minato (09/10/2017), T@ctic (06/01/2018), Tashasaurous (09/11/2017), The Twilight Mexican (09/11/2017), Theozilla (09/12/2017)
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:28 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.