The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Archive > TLS Archive > Random History

Random History Random old stuff that wasn't good enough for the top level of the archive.

Old 06/17/2009   #1
Omega
Default What makes your day

Think of it as a foil to the "things that piss you off" thread. This one is for the good stuff that happens that brightens up your day, puts a smile on your face, makes you happy, etc.

To start, I finally found my burnable CDs, so I'm in the process of burning one before I start getting ready for work. Unfortunately...I only had one left ;.; Fortunately, though, my roommate has tons, so if I can just figure out where he keeps them, I'll be shanghaiing about a dozen in very short order. Bastard's got it coming, imo

Also, good heart to heart with the girlfriend is always enough to put a smile on my stupid face, or a huge grin, as the case may be

Your turn!
Old 06/17/2009   #2
Akemmi

I finally got all my college work done dispite having to the workload of 3 other people! They will fail. That makes my day. And I got into Uni and I'm only 16 so I'm proud of myself. I made the right decision leaving high school when I did otherwise I wouldn't have gotten offered into Uni!
*dances*

xxx
Old 06/17/2009   #3
Celes Chere

Video Games totally make my day, every day. Whenever I'm pissed off at something, I can lose my head easily in a game. Especially if it's one where I can smash someone's face in.

Music, too. Music is like... a must for every day life. It feels weird doing anything (drawing, typing, browsing, reading) without music in the background.

Tru luv. It conquers all. /cheese
Thanked by 6:
Frostwave (06/18/2009), Kikyou (05/14/2011), Lumina (09/16/2011), Omega (06/19/2009), paoo (06/18/2009), Tifaeria (06/18/2009)
Old 06/17/2009   #4
Frostwave

Celes Chere wrote: Video Games totally make my day, every day. Whenever I'm pissed off at something, I can lose my head easily in a game. Especially if it's one where I can smash someone's face in.

Music, too. Music is like... a must for every day life. It feels weird doing anything (drawing, typing, browsing, reading) without music in the background.
QFMFT.

Aaaaand coffee. I love coffee. It always makes me happy.

And I love watching British detective shows. And adaptations of classic novels.
Thanked by:
Celes Chere (06/17/2009)
Old 06/17/2009   #5
Celes Chere

Hell yeah, coffee makes my life complete.

No wait, MONSTER JAVA. That stuff is the best.
Old 06/18/2009   #6
Addy Carver

Sitting down after a hard day's work, eating good food, getting good news, having a damned good bonk. Preferably in that order.
Old 06/18/2009   #7
Omega

Having good laughs at someone's expense at work, particularly when said party is totally oblivious to it all, even when it's happening about five feet away from them

Some retarded woman at a rally of some kind using the phrase "verbal pedophile" to describe David Letterman.

Also, giving my supervisor a write-up for not doing The Robot.
Old 06/18/2009   #8
CK

a nice big blunt or a fat cone but my double barrel bong is getting me stoned.

Au milieu de mes semblables
Je vois des monstres
J'entends des hurlements
La gorge comprimée
Dans un étau austère
Les yeux bandés
Je me sens étranger
Old 06/18/2009   #9
Omega

It probably bears mentioning that this thread is less of a "what makes your day" in general, and more a "this is why I'm happy right nao" thing
Old 06/18/2009   #10
Munatik

This is gonna seem strange, but random bugs make my day. The more unusual, the better. If I see a cool-looking bug anywhere in my path, I will come full stop, stoop or get closer, and study it for a good minute. If it's on the sidewalk and isn't likely to jump or bite me, I try to move it off the path.

There are exceptions, namely cockroaches. /shudder

Happiness right now, though, is listening to the rain.

Help yourself to some guaranteed lulz
--> Dancing Pink
--> Rifftrax v. High School Musical
Thanked by:
Frostwave (06/18/2009)
Old 06/18/2009   #11
Celes Chere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_jNjAUI_hc

Makes my day, no matter how bad.
Thanked by:
paoo (06/18/2009)
Old 06/18/2009   #12
Sheva Alomar

Attack of the Show. Always makes me laugh at some point.
Old 06/18/2009   #13
Bex

Knowing my philosophy exam went very well and I have a lovely boy paying a visit later today.
Old 06/18/2009   #14
Omega

Stealing threads from the original FFW boards
Old 06/18/2009   #15
Sheva Alomar

Getting awesome music FO' FREE.