The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Compilation of Final Fantasy VII > Compilation General

Compilation General Discussions on the entire timeline of the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII not limited to a single title, including the tie-ins from Final Fantasy X, and speculation on future content.

Old 11/17/2009   #1
Vossler
Default Should they re-make FFVII?

I thought 7 was a great game. I think they should remake the game for technology's sake. With today's gaming systems, I think it would be cool.

http://www.frrcracing.com
Vossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2009   #2
Cannon_Fodder

I concur. I also think it would be nice to have one version of the game that was true to the original, but made more sense when considered with the Compilation as a whole.
Cannon_Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2009   #3
LicoriceAllsorts

Cannon_Fodder wrote: I concur. I also think it would be nice to have one version of the game that was true to the original, but made more sense when considered with the Compilation as a whole.
For this reason, yes. Though the original has a huge, quirky charm, due in part to all the plotholes, inconsistencies, and unexplained wierdness, as well as the delightful graphics, that I fear might get lost in the 'improvements'.

Last edited by LicoriceAllsorts; 11/17/2009 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Grammar
LicoriceAllsorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2009   #4
sheens

Nope.
sheens is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
STARDOUSER (10/07/2010)
Old 11/17/2009   #5
Makoeyes987

Care to share why regarding such a well reasoned and thought out response?
Makoeyes987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2009   #6
Alex

Nope

EDIT: To be fair, the OP was just as well reasoned and thought out.

It would be cool with modern tech YO
Old 11/17/2009   #7
Makoeyes987

...I.. wasn't talking to you. Wrong Weasley.

Now quit spamming.
Old 11/17/2009   #8
Celes Chere

VII has gotten so much attention, more than it deserves, so I kind of want to say no... but there's that part of me that says yes, also. It would be amazing to see what a re-make would look like. I'd love to be mesmerized by the graphics, instead of getting headaches from trying to figure out where I am... or WHAT I am.
Celes Chere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2009   #9
Dana Scully

I'll say yes just so I can see Cosmo Canyon, Gold Saucer and the not-yet-destroyed Slums in 1080 HD. You know, all the cool shit they could've put in AC but was not grey and boring enough to make the cut.
Dana Scully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2009   #10
Makoeyes987

YACCBS wrote: I'll say yes just so I can see Cosmo Canyon, Gold Saucer and the not-yet-destroyed Slums in 1080 HD. You know, all the cool shit they could've put in AC but was not grey and boring enough to make the cut.
The shit in ACC was hardly grey or boring in 1080p HD at all
Old 11/17/2009   #11
Dana Scully

Mako Eyes wrote: The shit in ACC was hardly grey or boring in 1080p HD at all
True. But still wished they would've showed some more of the world, rather than just Edge/Midgar/Sleeping Forest.
Dana Scully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2009   #12
Chloe Frazer

I want to say no for the same reasons Tiff mention but I'll say yes just for the simple fact of seeying Cloud in a dress
Old 11/17/2009   #13
Cat Rage Room

With the Compilation adding so many new factors in the setting and characters, I think at this point it would be irresponsible not to.
Cat Rage Room is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/17/2009   #14
muchmoxie

Not really. Cool, but there are bigger priorities.
Old 11/17/2009   #15
Cat Rage Room

Not really. Cool, but there are bigger priorities.
Yeah, like Final Fantasy MMVIII. Totally. After they get done with the current FF they're working on, I don't really see anything on the SE I'd have much interest in other than remaking FF7.
Cat Rage Room is offline   Reply With Quote