The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Site, Forums, Staff & Projects > Forum News & Information

Forum News & Information News and issues concerning the forums go here

Closed Thread

Old 06/19/2012   #16
Unlucky

Ok, I just wanted to know what nominees will do in such situations, esp if it concerns an active member.

Last edited by Unlucky; 06/19/2012 at 06:20 AM.
Old 06/19/2012   #17
Ryushikaze

Goliath wrote: What happens off the forum is actually none of staff's concern. Just sayin'.
Unlucky wrote: Ok, I just wanted to know what nominees will do in such situations, esp if it concerns an active member.
I'm going to deviate from Road here, but this might be part of my dual role as Mod and Site Staff, but I do think that what members say about TLS off TLS is something worth concerning ourselves about, if not necessarily in an official capacity.
Thanked by:
Unlucky (06/19/2012)
Old 06/19/2012   #18
Unlucky

Yeah that's what I'm curious about. I'm aware about the rule Road said but I just want to know if a nominee feels something has to be done if it concerns an active member, esp if he/she is the first one to know about it.
Old 06/19/2012   #19
Flintlock

I'm sorry if this question is too personal.

You said you were disappointed with how you handled Aaron's comment in last week's drama, because you got mad and upset. Are you worried about how you might react if a similar situation were to arise again while you were a member of staff?
Old 06/19/2012   #20
Octo

I'd like to reverse Unlucky's question, kind of: TLS members have beef with each other that started outside of TLS but has now spilled out onto the forum. How would you deal with the situation? Bearing in mind that as much of the trouble occured off site and you have no frame of reference/are unable to take that into consideration?

(Mostly Manics related things but some other stuff and more things being added all the time! <3

https://www.redbubble.com/people/rom...dropdown&asc=u
Thanked by:
Unlucky (06/19/2012)
Old 06/19/2012   #21
Madame Mayor

You discover that a member has been talking shit about TLS outside the forum, but continues to visit/post here like nothing happened. Nobody else in TLS seem to be aware about it. How will you deal with it?
Already been said but what happens at X rule kind of applies? I mean ya, on a personal level I'd consider that a dick move but I certainly wouldn't do anything as a mod. I could see the most I got involved be bringing it up to staff and hoping things could pass through the grapevine to someone who's on good terms with said person to find out what's up. But that's only if I was really worried that what they were doing would hurt TLS somehow. As in, it would have to be public and getting a lot of views. People want to complain about TLS in skype chats or msn it would not concern me at all.
Thanked by 3:
CK (06/19/2012), Tifabelle (06/19/2012), Unlucky (06/19/2012)
Old 06/19/2012   #22
Madame Mayor

Flintlock wrote: I'm sorry if this question is too personal.

You said you were disappointed with how you handled Aaron's comment in last week's drama, because you got mad and upset. Are you worried about how you might react if a similar situation were to arise again while you were a member of staff?
Considering I hardly ever get to that point, no, I'm not concerned. I very rarely get angry at well... anything. It's kind of a useless emotion for me and I'd rather just move on then spend time angry at something. That situation I was upset and with the combination of friends telling me I should stand up for myself I snapped. Even then, people don't seem to think I overreacted so I guess I also have much higher standards for myself.
Thanked by 4:
Celes Chere (06/19/2012), CK (06/19/2012), Flintlock (06/19/2012), Serah Farron (06/22/2012)
Old 06/19/2012   #23
Madame Mayor

Someone named Octo wrote: I'd like to reverse Unlucky's question, kind of: TLS members have beef with each other that started outside of TLS but has now spilled out onto the forum. How would you deal with the situation? Bearing in mind that as much of the trouble occured off site and you have no frame of reference/are unable to take that into consideration?
This would be extremely scenario specific, but obviously people can't break rules outside of the forum. At the same time, I would not tolerate bullying and would ask for details to look over with other staff members. The most we would be able to do is either split up these members or hand out temp-bans to the one who is doing the stalking/harassment/bullying as a way to tell them that we don't appreciate our members being treated like this.

Basically, I wouldn't ignore it, but how exactly to go about it would depend on what kind of evidence is brought forth and whether it's stalking, or whether it's just two members both being jerks to each other (in this case it would probably be a time out for each and move on).
Thanked by 3:
CK (06/19/2012), Octo (06/19/2012), Unlucky (06/19/2012)
Old 06/19/2012   #24
Octo

Another question for all the nominees:

What would you do to promote inclusion/encourage participation from shyer/quieter/less active members? (Not just new members)

(Mostly Manics related things but some other stuff and more things being added all the time! <3

https://www.redbubble.com/people/rom...dropdown&asc=u
Thanked by:
Unlucky (06/19/2012)
Old 06/19/2012   #25
Madame Mayor

More events like secret santa to promote community involvement on a level that doesn't require a ton of commitment (compared to lets say participating in a LP or writing an article).

Plus do more of my "welcome to TLS from the mayor" posts that I continuously forget to do.
Thanked by 6:
Alex (06/19/2012), CK (06/19/2012), looneymoon (06/20/2012), Octo (06/19/2012), The Pyro (06/19/2012), Unlucky (06/19/2012)
Old 06/21/2012   #26
Madame Mayor

Looks like voting will begin in the next few days and questions have slowed down. Thanks for your questions everyone. I hope I gave detailed enough answers for you and that my answers have helped make your final decision. If there's any last minute questions, please don't hesitate to post or PM me. I want everyone to make as informed of a decision as possible. As I said before, I don't want the job unless the majority of the active cuz lol 5000+ membersTLS population feels comfortable and supports that.

Thanks again everyone.
Thanked by 2:
Alessa Gillespie (06/21/2012), The Pyro (06/21/2012)
Closed Thread