The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.


Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Site, Forums, Staff & Projects > Forum News & Information

Forum News & Information News and issues concerning the forums go here

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06/19/2012   #16
Flintlock
Default

Resident Evil 6 Logo wrote: Maybe real life and/or personal shit has gotten in the way recently? If this was a proper investigation you'd see she used to welcome possibly every member and was almost always the one to make a birthday thread. What do you say to that detective herp derp?
I say fair enough, because I had a feeling she might have done it a lot more in the past, and maybe she just wasn't aware of how little she had been doing it recently.

Thanks for the new nickname.
Flintlock is offline  
Thanked by:
CK (06/19/2012)
Old 06/19/2012   #17
CK
Default

That is me being civil. But yes sir I will behave.

@flintlock: I thought it was pretty good.
__________________


Au milieu de mes semblables
Je vois des monstres
J'entends des hurlements
La gorge comprimée
Dans un étau austère
Les yeux bandés
Je me sens étranger
CK is offline  
Thanked by 4:
Alessa Gillespie (06/20/2012), Celes Chere (06/19/2012), Cthulhu (06/19/2012), Serah Farron (06/19/2012)
Old 06/19/2012   #18
Celes Chere
Default

I thought that was an interesting claim to make, as I certainly don't remember you saying hi to me when I joined, so I decided to investigate a little. Of the last 33 members to have joined and made more than five posts (your criteria), you have only introduced yourself to two, and they were Aqua, a friend of a friend, and Vanitas, someone you already knew before they joined. The last person you seem to have actually introduced yourself to was Danseru-kun, back in November 2011. How does that fit in with your definition of "usually"?
I can't say hello to everyone, but I certainly do make an effort of it. ^^; If you would like to check my entire TLS history, you would know that we (me and crack, A when she was around) used to have races about who would post "hello" to the newest members first. That kind of dwindled down though, and I started doing that on my own when I could. No offense, but it's kind of strange that you looked that far into it to make your point but... whatever. XD

Also Tony has it pretty spot on as well. I am sorry that I am a human being, Flintlock. ^^;
Celes Chere is offline  
Thanked by 7:
Chloe Frazer (06/20/2012), CK (06/19/2012), Dana Scully (06/20/2012), looneymoon (06/20/2012), Madame Mayor (06/20/2012), Serah Farron (06/19/2012), Tifabelle (06/19/2012)
Old 06/19/2012   #19
Flintlock
Default

Rebecca Chambers wrote: No offense, but it's kind of strange that you looked that far into it to make your point but... whatever. XD
Yeah, I am kind of strange, no denying that.

Rebecca Chambers wrote: Also Tony has it pretty spot on as well. I am sorry that I am a human being, Flintlock. ^^;
As I intimated in my follow-up post, I suspected it was down to being a human But whether or not it was, I thought it was worth posting the facts.
Flintlock is offline  
Thanked by:
The Pyro (06/20/2012)
Old 06/19/2012   #20
Tifabelle
Default

Cthulhu wrote: Please keep things civil CK. I for one support confrontational questions to any potential mod.
I don't have a problem with confrontational questions either. But I also find it weird that he'd go through all that trouble.

Also 33 is an odd number to cut off at. Any particular reason?
__________________

(SPOILER) Pokemon by GLD, signature by Tiff
Tifabelle is offline  
Thanked by 5:
Celes Chere (06/19/2012), CK (06/19/2012), looneymoon (06/20/2012), Madame Mayor (06/20/2012), Serah Farron (06/19/2012)
Old 06/19/2012   #21
Cthulhu
Default

As far as I'm concerned, Flint is nothing but trouble, all the time . But I like the effort and thought he seems to be putting in his questions.
Cthulhu is offline  
Thanked by 2:
CK (06/19/2012), The Pyro (06/20/2012)
Old 06/19/2012   #22
Tetsujin
Default

Human beings with lives aren't suited to be mods imo.

Seriously though, when an important issue arises and things get heated, people will want the mods to reply right the fuck away, regardless of time zones or personal schedules.

How will you react to that kind of pressure? I remember you yourself were getting impatient at some mods. Will you always be able to respond to issues within 24 hours? Would you say it is necessary for a mod to do so?
Tetsujin is offline  
Thanked by 4:
Alessa Gillespie (06/20/2012), Celes Chere (06/20/2012), CK (06/19/2012), Octo (06/20/2012)
Old 06/19/2012   #23
Flintlock
Default

Chris Redfield wrote: I don't have a problem with confrontational questions either. But I also find it weird that he'd go through all that trouble.

Also 33 is an odd number to cut off at. Any particular reason?
Because the 34th was Danseru-kun, who I mentioned. I wasn't trying to find any conclusive statistics about how much Celes has done it since the beginning - I'm not quite deranged enough to go back through every single member's profile - just how much she's done it recently.
Flintlock is offline  
Thanked by 4:
CK (06/19/2012), Lex (06/19/2012), Octo (06/20/2012), The Pyro (06/20/2012)
Old 06/19/2012   #24
Strangelove
Default

she didn't say hello to me

ban the witch right now
__________________
「こんなヒトにはなりたくなかったよ――」
Strangelove is offline  
Thanked by 7:
Alessa Gillespie (06/20/2012), Chloe Frazer (06/20/2012), CK (06/19/2012), Dana Scully (06/20/2012), Flintlock (06/19/2012), looneymoon (06/20/2012), Sheva Alomar (06/20/2012)
Old 06/19/2012   #25
Tifabelle
Default

Tiff popped my VM cherry. She might have also been my first friend, but I can't remember.

Also hito, you were a member before she was
__________________

(SPOILER) Pokemon by GLD, signature by Tiff
Tifabelle is offline  
Thanked by 2:
Flintlock (06/19/2012), looneymoon (06/20/2012)
Old 06/20/2012   #26
looneymoon
Default

Flintlock wrote: I thought that was an interesting claim to make, as I certainly don't remember you saying hi to me when I joined, so I decided to investigate a little. Of the last 33 members to have joined and made more than five posts (your criteria), you have only introduced yourself to two, and they were Aqua, a friend of a friend, and Vanitas, someone you already knew before they joined. The last person you seem to have actually introduced yourself to was Danseru-kun, back in November 2011. How does that fit in with your definition of "usually"?
and I thought it was weird that I look at who thanks my posts
__________________
♦♦♦♦♦♦


looneymoon is offline  
Thanked by 6:
Alessa Gillespie (06/20/2012), Celes Chere (06/20/2012), Chloe Frazer (06/20/2012), CK (06/20/2012), Madame Mayor (06/20/2012), Serah Farron (06/20/2012)
Old 06/20/2012   #27
Celes Chere
Default

Seriously though, when an important issue arises and things get heated, people will want the mods to reply right the fuck away, regardless of time zones or personal schedules.

How will you react to that kind of pressure? I remember you yourself were getting impatient at some mods. Will you always be able to respond to issues within 24 hours? Would you say it is necessary for a mod to do so?
I can react fine to that, if I am late coming to something I will own up to it and apologize. And try to catch up with every thing best I can! Also... I am on TLS quite a bit of the time, why in fact my stress in my life BRINGS me here because it's sort of like an escape for me? I care a lot about the people here so yeah... I'll get as involved as I can. ;w; Especially when a problem arises.

No, I understand people's lives can get busy and hectic! I don't neccessarily think every single mod has to post in order for an issue to be resolved unless... they are directly involved. As long as the issue is taken care of by SOMEONE than that should be enough. :3
Celes Chere is offline  
Thanked by 6:
Chloe Frazer (06/20/2012), CK (06/20/2012), Madame Mayor (06/20/2012), Octo (06/20/2012), Serah Farron (06/20/2012), The Pyro (06/20/2012)
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:03 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.