The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Site, Forums, Staff & Projects > Feedback, Suggestions & Questions

Feedback, Suggestions & Questions Need help or have suggestions for TLS? Post here.

Old 06/27/2018   #271
Addy Carver

RE: shit like user titles, isn't that the sort of thing that needs to be thrown out to consensus rather than one or two persons making calls? I can kind of understand signatures being restricted but the one thing that happens that annoys fuck out of me is when one post stretches the border so the page loads weird to accommodate it. Is there a way of preventing that on XF?
Gold Most Likely to out Bitchslap a bitch on the Sister Ray or some shit
Silver Crack Ship (Cthulhage)
Silver Cheekiest Bastard
Bronze Most Likely to Burn Down a Village
Bronze Most Sage/Knowledgeable
Copper Best Arse
Copper Would Like to Bang Most
Addy Carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (07/04/2018)
Old 06/27/2018   #272
Lex

I made all the site staff user titles and they need updated/ overhauled anyway, that's the main thing causing the issue. Shit like "Site Author" etc became people's primary usergroup just for display and they don't have any permissions when transferred because posting permissions on this board are based on the post count ladder which doesn't exist on XF (i.e. legendary member etc).

Certainly if people want like "Donator" and stuff still that's fine but it'll need to be created after the transfer and if we don't do the thing I suggested and flatten them all before the transfer then the site will be down for like a month while me and whoever else has the will (probably X lol) manually click permissions and triple check each user title using test accounts. We'll be doing that kind of thing anyway but it's already time consuming to manually check the privacy using test accounts for a few basic usergroups.

I can kind of understand signatures being restricted but the one thing that happens that annoys fuck out of me is when one post stretches the border so the page loads weird to accommodate it. Is there a way of preventing that on XF?
It's a built in feature already

Especially for me, by the awesome GLD!
Serving legendaries with mah Pokécrew.
Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 6:
Addy Carver (06/27/2018), Chloe Frazer (06/28/2018), Literally Who? (06/27/2018), Minato (06/27/2018), The Twilight Mexican (07/04/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/27/2018)
Old 06/27/2018   #273
Literally Who?

Addy Carver wrote: RE: shit like user titles, isn't that the sort of thing that needs to be thrown out to consensus rather than one or two persons making calls? I can kind of understand signatures being restricted but the one thing that happens that annoys fuck out of me is when one post stretches the border so the page loads weird to accommodate it. Is there a way of preventing that on XF?
If you look at my screen cap in the previous page it should show that it just makes a new line for exceedingly long user titles instead of keeping it one line and stretching the post bit.

Regarding throwing it out though, I think the reasoning is that currently the sleek and minimalist approach looks pretty neat and user titles would fuck with that or something

If you look at the username/avatar section on posts currently it's only just that basically. No join date, age, sex etc.
Literally Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Addy Carver (06/27/2018), Chloe Frazer (06/28/2018), Minato (06/27/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/27/2018)
Old 06/27/2018   #274
Lex

^we can easily put in that info if people want it. It's just a checkbox in the backend but it does look a little messier.

Thanked by 4:
Chloe Frazer (06/28/2018), Literally Who? (06/27/2018), The Twilight Mexican (07/04/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/27/2018)
Old 06/27/2018   #275
Literally Who?

Lex wrote: ^we can easily put in that info if people want it. It's just a checkbox in the backend but it does look a little messier.
Yeah i think it would look better without tbh, the only thing I could think of that would be actually important would be the AKA field, though we could just have people do that in Sigs instead?
Literally Who? is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (06/27/2018)
Old 06/27/2018   #276
Lex

Definitely something to discuss . If we're continuing with the policy of letting people change their names whenever they want (which I personally don't have an issue with) then I'd advocate for an AKA field but it'd have to be built as its not currently an option.

Thanked by 4:
BforBrigitta (06/28/2018), Literally Who? (06/27/2018), The Twilight Mexican (07/04/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/27/2018)
Old 06/27/2018   #277
Teioh

There used to be an add-on which permitted members to change their own usernames complete with page history of name changes. There was a limit to it iirc such as not being able to change too many times in a short amount of time, plus having to have made a certain amount of posts before being able to in the first place, etc. It was for the first xenforo though and as Yop mentioned, it may not work on XF 2.
Rufus and Turks sprites from FF Record Keeper with the exception of Tseng who was created by myself in FFRK style
Teioh is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 6:
Chloe Frazer (06/28/2018), Cthulhu (06/28/2018), Lex (06/27/2018), Literally Who? (06/27/2018), The Twilight Mexican (07/04/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/27/2018)
Old 06/27/2018   #278
Lex

that sounds perfect for us, find the link or the name and we can have a look?

Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (07/04/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/27/2018)
Old 06/27/2018   #279
Teioh

https://xenforo.com/community/resour...y-siropu.4144/

There you go
Rufus and Turks sprites from FF Record Keeper with the exception of Tseng who was created by myself in FFRK style
Teioh is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Chloe Frazer (06/28/2018), Lex (06/27/2018), Shademp (06/28/2018), The Twilight Mexican (07/04/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/27/2018)
Old 06/27/2018   #280
Lex

Thanks, definitely something to consider after the move (if it still works with 2.x).

Thanked by 3:
Teioh (06/27/2018), The Twilight Mexican (07/04/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/28/2018)
Old 06/27/2018   #281
Lex

@Yop, looks like there's a way to import thanks, worth considering?

Context for people who aren't Yop: all the thanks did not transfer to XF (which has a similar "like" system. IDK how many people this is important to.

Thanked by 3:
Chloe Frazer (06/28/2018), The Twilight Mexican (07/04/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/28/2018)
Old 06/28/2018   #282
Obsidian Fire

The BBC Code all works.

Unfortunately, spoiler tags don't work in-line anymore. They always start on the next line and are more like Quote boxes that hide things.

It also isn't possible (for me anyway) to edit posts. That could get annoying quick.
The Twilight Mexican (07/04/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/28/2018)
Old 06/28/2018   #283
Lex

Obsidian Fire wrote: The BBC Code all works.

Unfortunately, spoiler tags don't work in-line anymore. They always start on the next line and are more like Quote boxes that hide things.

It also isn't possible (for me anyway) to edit posts. That could get annoying quick.
- That's how the built-in spoiler tags are supposed to work

- Everyone will be able to edit posts, that's just a user permissions thing

Thanked by 2:
The Twilight Mexican (07/04/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/28/2018)
Old 06/28/2018   #284
Ergo

Does it support direct entry from things like gif keyboards etc?

Deep into that darkness peering,
long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting,
dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
Ergo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Lex (06/28/2018), The Twilight Mexican (07/04/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/28/2018)
Old 06/28/2018   #285
Lex

Apparently yes

We need an emoji plugin for the actual board to use from comp though, they're easy to come by

Thanked by 3:
Ergo (06/28/2018), The Twilight Mexican (07/04/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/28/2018)