The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Archive > TLS Archive

TLS Archive Wherein we find the best threads of TLS' history, plus old stuff that isn't being used anymore.

Old 11/10/2016   #226
Random Nobody

Tennyo wrote:
Sorry, I don't get the zero hands part, though.

lmaooooooooo it just means they can't fight
Thanked by 3:
Cat Rage Room (11/10/2016), Tennyo (11/10/2016), The Twilight Mexican (11/10/2016)
Old 11/10/2016   #227
Flare

I've been hearing of traffic getting stopped, stuff burning in streets, and even some windows getting busted out of a building (and strangely a dumpster on train tracks) around the country and down in Seattle. Protesting peacefully, okay, but destructive protesting? What the heck is wrong with some people?
Thanked by 4:
Flintlock (11/10/2016), jacoobmiller (11/10/2016), The Twilight Mexican (11/10/2016), Unit-01 (11/10/2016)
Old 11/10/2016   #228
Dawnbreaker

A racist rapist was voted as the President of the United States.

Honestly, what did people expect? If no American protested, I'd have an even lower opinion of the country than I already do.

Yes, I know that's an unpopular opinion. I don't care.

"I'll make you happy," said Life, "But first, I'll make you strong."

"You can do everything right and still lose. That is not weakness; that is Life." Jean-Luc Picard / Patrick Stewart

"It may well be that we will have to repent in this generation not merely for the vitriolic words and the violent actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence and indifference of the good people." Martin Luthar King Jr.

Thanked by 3:
Jason Tandro (11/10/2016), Mr. Ite (11/10/2016), The Twilight Mexican (11/10/2016)
Old 11/10/2016   #229
Ghost X

Apparently it was a fairly average voter turn out for Republicans, compared to previous elections. Democrats on the other hand... not as enthusiastic. Sure hope they're uncharacteristically spirited in 2 years time, let alone 4 years time.

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Member You'd Most Want to Meet.

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Best Voice.

2017 2nd Place Winner -- Most Likely To Back Out Of A Fight But Remain... Victorious.
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (11/10/2016)
Old 11/10/2016   #230
Random Nobody

Flare wrote:
What the heck is wrong with some people?
I mean, if we somehow didn't already know before, Standing Rock and Ferguson have taught us that, at least for the marginalised, whether the protest is violent or peaceful, the State response is the same. So really, what difference does it make.

Besides that, it probably isn't any worse that the riots post 2012 election. Or the Trump constituents who are acting up already.
Thanked by 2:
CK (11/10/2016), Mr. Ite (11/10/2016)
Old 11/10/2016   #231
Tennyo

hahahahaha

(SPOILER)

What? No seriously, that's the way it's always been...

> _ >

< _ <

Actually my coworkers and I were joking about this earlier today.
Old 11/10/2016   #232
Dawnbreaker

I feel really sad for my American friends. I have several and they're all upset. Heck, my therapist is American. She's just devastated (she's also an abuse victim). But she's saying that there are good people there and they will not give up the fight to get this monster out of power. I'm proud of her, and them.

"You can do everything right and still lose. That is not weakness; that is Life." Jean-Luc Picard / Patrick Stewart

"It may well be that we will have to repent in this generation not merely for the vitriolic words and the violent actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence and indifference of the good people." Martin Luthar King Jr.

Thanked by 3:
Cat Rage Room (11/10/2016), Tennyo (11/10/2016), The Twilight Mexican (11/10/2016)
Old 11/10/2016   #233
Cat Rage Room

Gotta keep moving, gotta keep fighting. Sometimes I'd love to just pack my shit and move. Canada is gorgeous. Hell, maybe I'd go back to Italy. But I can't give up on my country.

But when I was in the military I raised my right hand to fight for America, and I did. Now that I'm a civilian, I'll keep fighting, although in a different way.
Thanked by 7:
Dawnbreaker (11/10/2016), Flintlock (11/10/2016), jacoobmiller (11/10/2016), Shademp (11/10/2016), Strangelove (11/10/2016), Tennyo (11/10/2016), The Twilight Mexican (11/10/2016)
Old 11/10/2016   #234
Dawnbreaker

also, this played on the radio for hours this morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K71UbC1EaSE

Thanked by 4:
Dark and Divine (11/10/2016), Shademp (11/10/2016), Tennyo (11/10/2016), The Twilight Mexican (11/10/2016)
Old 11/10/2016   #235
Tennyo

Appropriate.
Old 11/10/2016   #236
Dashell

Dawnbreaker wrote: also, this played on the radio for hours this morning:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K71UbC1EaSE
That same thing happened at my work too!

At any rate I've accepted it and I'm curious to see where it goes. Not much else we can do at this point... I don't think he can really take away our gay marriage or anything like that. I just hope he doesn't get impeached because I feel Pence would be even worse
Thanked by:
Old 11/10/2016   #237
Dashell

Is this good or bad? I want to say good but I know some people were afraid of this

YouTube Video
Thanked by 2:
Flintlock (11/10/2016), The Twilight Mexican (11/10/2016)
Old 11/10/2016   #238
Random Nobody

.......Screaming, this oncoming Trump-May-Assad-Putin coalition. Subhanallah.
Old 11/10/2016   #239
Jason Tandro

Flare wrote: I've been hearing of traffic getting stopped, stuff burning in streets, and even some windows getting busted out of a building (and strangely a dumpster on train tracks) around the country and down in Seattle. Protesting peacefully, okay, but destructive protesting? What the heck is wrong with some people?
Generally I agree with this idea.

I said the same thing about all the protests against all the police brutality and, frankly, state sanctioned slaughter of people of color. I said "peace will prevail" and that the system can, ultimately, be used to accomplish great things. Only by remaining civil can we achieve anything.

Then we, as a nation, elected Donald Trump.

And to make matters worse we ended up ceding control of the entire government to a political party whose central message of morality is around the subjugation of others. And now we as a people have to call this mysognynistic, racist, homophobic piece of human garbage our president.

Mike Pence has already confirmed they are going to begin undoing the protection Obama put in place for LGBTQ citizens. More atrocities will soon follow I am sure.

The right voted for him as a protest candidate. As one NBC anchor put it "using him as a molotov cocktail to burn down Washington." Well turnabout is fair play, I say.

I still think that humanity is at its best when civility is maintained. But there is nothing civil about our president elect. That said the election of this man was an act of war against anybody who isn't white and straight. I am not suprised and can hardly bring myself to chastise those who take out their emotions through destruction - so long as they are not attacking or god forbid killing people.
Thanked by 5:
Dawnbreaker (11/10/2016), jacoobmiller (11/10/2016), Kuroto (11/11/2016), Mr. Ite (11/10/2016), The Twilight Mexican (11/10/2016)
Old 11/10/2016   #240
Dashell

Mike Pence has already confirmed they are going to begin undoing the protection Obama put in place for LGBTQ citizens. More atrocities will soon follow I am sure.
I heard the opposite, I heard they weren't going to do anything about this. Mind you, I heard this from someone on youtube who was gay and voted for Trump but... I'm wondering if you can post a source?
Thanked by: