The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Archive > TLS Archive

TLS Archive Wherein we find the best threads of TLS' history, plus old stuff that isn't being used anymore.

Old 11/10/2016   #271
Jason Tandro

Mog: Earlier you and I had a scuffle about the relative importance of local government. I think you could say your point has been vindicated considering how while I and many others were so focused on the presidency control of the Senate slipped away. You better believe I am paying attention now.
Thanked by 3:
Cat Rage Room (11/10/2016), Mr. Ite (11/11/2016), The Twilight Mexican (11/10/2016)
Old 11/10/2016   #272
Dashell

Fascination wrote:
....But again, in what world does this happen.
I've seen it here.
I wasn't going to go there, I was going to say "tumblr" but THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (11/10/2016)
Old 11/10/2016   #273
Random Nobody

Local government is definitely > than federal elections lol. Because if you (in general) are trying to organise around presidential candidacy, it's already too late.
Thanked by:
Old 11/10/2016   #274
Random Nobody

Fascination wrote:
I've seen it here.
Again...offline, in the real world. To tangible effect.

Especially since any critique of institutions is often already perceived as an attack.
Old 11/10/2016   #275
Dashell

Random Nobody wrote:
Fascination wrote:
I've seen it here.
Again...offline, in the real world. To tangible effect.

Especially since any critique of institutions is often already perceived as an attack.
It happens a lot in MSN. Maybe they don't actually tell men they need to die, but they perpetuate the wage gap myth or the 1 in 4 myth and... so on and so forth. They've basically planted their feet in the sand with the SJWs and people are sick of it.
Thanked by:
Old 11/10/2016   #276
Random Nobody

Dashell wrote:
It happens a lot in MSN. Maybe they don't actually tell men they need to die, but they perpetuate the wage gap myth or the 1 in 4 myth and... so on and so forth. They've basically planted their feet in the sand with the SJWs and people are sick of it.
I guess I should have specified. To tangible effect [on these men's lives and livelihoods].

Also, wage gap myth? And one in four what?

I'm not hip to American slang, smh.
Old 11/10/2016   #277
jacoobmiller

We do have the power to impeach a member of our government, whether it be a state governer or a President. I think the ones who are worried of being under attack are just fine; this is why we have constitutional rights, granted that you are in fact a U.S. citizen, for protection. Not only does one have their rights, but the established, growing LBGTQ community will always fight for your equality even if a bigoted President was elected. If Trump were to commit any act of treason versus our nation, either he would have to change his views, or be indicted for going against our Civil and political rights.
Old 11/10/2016   #278
Trainer Red

I think the problem with impeaching Trump means that we'd get Pence as President. And no one wants Pence for President.

....Unless we can impeach him like 2 seconds after Trump. I don't think that has ever happened before.

Scared of Life wrote: I THINK The Wii can play Blue Ray because it has Bluetooth and aren't they the same thing?
I'm just a girl who bought the Wii because of the Wii Mote. It's so nice and it vibrates.
Thanked by 2:
jacoobmiller (11/10/2016), The Twilight Mexican (11/10/2016)
Old 11/10/2016   #279
Random Nobody

Pence is worse than Trump. And even if Trump did something so inescapably abominable (don't know what that could be if not child rape) to the tune of impeachment, it's not gonna happen with a Republican Congress lol.

I think the ones who are worried of being under attack are just fine; this is why we have constitutional rights, granted that you are in fact a U.S. citizen, for protection.
Hasn't really meant much in the case of poverty, mass incarceration, extrajudicial killings, etc etc.

Plus I don't think anyone is actually afraid of the campaign bluster or Trump himself. He's a fool. The danger is the judiciary and legislative power, and morever, emboldened nationalists, normalisation of nationalist fervor, and what that means going forward.

Also, if you not a citizen. Well.
Thanked by 3:
jacoobmiller (11/10/2016), Mr. Ite (11/10/2016), The Twilight Mexican (11/10/2016)
Old 11/10/2016   #280
jacoobmiller

I haven't really analyzed Pence yet. I mean, his views will obviously be similar to Trump's, but I don't know who he truly is.
Old 11/10/2016   #281
Random Nobody

jacoobmiller wrote: I haven't really analyzed Pence yet. I mean, his views will obviously be similar to Trump's, but I don't know who he truly is.
Well, their executive characters are in question (SINCE THEY NEVER ACTUALLY OFFERED ANY POLICY OH MY GOD I still can't get over it), but unlike Trump who, again, is a fool and stunt queen who stumbled into office by accident, Pence has had a long and grimy political career. His policies have and always represented the worst of the reactionary early 2000s right-wing platform. Down to conversion therapy, even.

ETA: I'm upset that Trump supposedly has all that money and still has that terrible weave.

Last edited by Random Nobody; 11/10/2016 at 09:23 AM.
Thanked by 2:
jacoobmiller (11/10/2016), The Twilight Mexican (11/10/2016)
Old 11/10/2016   #282
Dashell

You know I don't mind that people are protesting, but I really do hope all the ones who are protesting actually voted
Thanked by 2:
jacoobmiller (11/10/2016), Mr. Ite (11/11/2016)
Old 11/10/2016   #283
Shademp

"Not everyone who voted for Trump is a bigot, despite what filter bubbles might have you believe, they're not. But all the bigots voted for Trump."

YouTube Video
Thanked by 7:
AvecAloes (11/10/2016), Dark and Divine (11/11/2016), Flintlock (11/10/2016), Strangelove (11/10/2016), The Twilight Mexican (11/10/2016), Trainer Red (11/10/2016), Unit-01 (11/10/2016)
Old 11/10/2016   #284
Tetsujin

YouTube Video
Thanked by 5:
AvecAloes (11/10/2016), Dark and Divine (11/11/2016), jacoobmiller (11/10/2016), Shademp (11/10/2016), The Twilight Mexican (11/10/2016)
Old 11/10/2016   #285
Flintlock

Wtf, I was already watching that video when you posted it.
Thanked by: