The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Gaming

Gaming Discuss all things gaming in this subsection.

Old 11/15/2010   #1
Zee
Default The Legend of Zelda (General)

Tali made me do it. She had a shotgun.

But no seriously, I have been a huge Zelda fan for years, and now that I'm replaying it I'm getting all these warm, fuzzy memories, so I figured I'd make a topic. So, here's just the place to chat about which game in the series is your favorite, which characters you like, you expectations for future Zelda games, theories, etc.

There's already a new title coming out for the Wii called Skyward Sword, which not only is fucking up the hardcore timeline enthusiasts but is the first game where Link is right handed. RAGE, RAGE EVERYWHERE

Anyway, I will wrap this up by saying I really hope Princess Zelda gets another badass role in this title, because I think she's just the coolest princess ever.

have you got a screw loose? or is it your...animal intuition?

Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 7:
Alessa Gillespie (11/15/2010), Celes Chere (11/15/2010), Frostwave (01/17/2011), Kobato (08/13/2011), looneymoon (11/15/2010), Serah Farron (01/17/2011), Trixr (05/11/2017)
Old 11/15/2010   #2
ForceStealer

Well he was right-handed in the Wii Twilight Princess too, but I guess you mean in the only available release.

While I was never a HUGE Zelda fan, I always enjoyed the games and I really enjoyed Twilight Princess. I know this is blasphemy to the Zelda people but it makes it kinda hard for me to play Ocarina of Time these day because the combat in TP was just so much more involving.

I borrowed TP when I played it, and ever since my sister got a Wii I've wanted to get it (the GC version, hell no I'm not gonna play the Wii one), but even used copies of that game are still kind of expensive...

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2010   #3
null

I don't follow Zelda that closely anymore. Is there supposed to be a real timeline, or is it just wishful fans trying to connect essentially random dots?
null is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2010   #4
Splintered

I only played OoT and Majora's Mask. Then I moved on with consoles.

But OoT will forever be one of my favorite games of all time.

Splintered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2010   #5
ForceStealer

Grunt wrote: I don't follow Zelda that closely anymore. Is there supposed to be a real timeline, or is it just wishful fans trying to connect essentially random dots?
The latter, but even I have to admit its kinda fun.

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2010   #6
Alessa Gillespie

Zelda was quite a badass in TP, Oracle of Seasons/Ages and Wind Waker. Though she was kinda messin' with time there in Ocarina of Time and created some sort of stable time loop there, idfk that shit got confusing. I like a lot of the Zelda girls, really, like Malon and Midna and stuff. Miyamoto just makes really cool, likeable characters

SADLY my favorite game has gotta be Majora's Mask because it seemed much darker than all the other Zeldas. The general aesthetic was just gorgeous and I loved it v. much <3

is daddy still a good man?
like a shotgun needs an outcome

don't trust the ones who shake with their left hand

ACKY: IM NOT A TURIAN I CANT MAEK BABBIES WITH GARRUS

Joe: NOT WITH THAT ATTITUDE

can you fight a legendary creature?

i was a TEENAGE CLAIRVOYANT
Alessa Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Celes Chere (11/15/2010), looneymoon (11/15/2010), Zee (11/15/2010)
Old 11/15/2010   #7
Zee

There apparently is a timeline, but only Miyamoto knows what it is. I think he also said he doesn't really care about it as much as making the individual games, but fans get really into it.

Also I need to finish Twilight Princess. I feel like that's awful for a Zelda fan to say, but I haven't had enough cash to keep up on the recent releases. The last one I played was Phantom Hourglass -- but I really want to get my hands on Spirit Tracks.

Zelda was quite a badass in TP, Oracle of Seasons/Ages and Wind Waker. Though she was kinda messin' with time there in Ocarina of Time and created some sort of stable time loop there, idfk that shit got confusing.
She's the reason the timeline split so ALL THAT MESS IS HER FAULT aha

But fuck year, I love that she was ridin' that horse like a pro, shooting arrows.
Also she's a ninja, which automatically makes her amazing.

Old 11/15/2010   #8
Celes Chere

I love Zelda. <3 I've only played Link to The Past, OoT, Majora's Mask, and Twilight Princess though. I do have four swords, but never got around to playing it. I bought that like four Zelda games in one thing for my Gamecube long ago, and just kinda forgot. xD OoT is being remade for the 3DS, at least that's what I heard, which makes me sad. <=( Why couldn't that have been re-made for the Wii? And also, I don't want to buy a 3DS.

I really loved and hated Majora's Mask. I hated that shit was timed. When things are timed I get hella stressed out! xD So the whole time I did the side quest with Kafe and Anzu, I was like SHIT... NOW I NEED THE LETTER. CRAP NOW I NEED THAT ONE THING OMG THE MOON IS GOING TO FALL AND I'M GOING TO DESTROY THEIR WEDDING SKGJSLFKGHSLHSJH.

I was never a huge fan of Zelda the character, but I don't have a problem with her. c: I liked seeing her in brawl and everything. Midna though, there's one badass female character. BD I shipped her so hard with Link (and Zelda) by the end of TP. I cried so many tears at the end... stupid game. U_U

Also, Malon. <3
Celes Chere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2010   #9
Shademp

Majora's Mask is my favorite, most definitely. I know the warm, fuzzy feeling of playing Zelda games. I get this feeling the most with Majora's Mask. For some reason I like replaying it around Christmas time

I have only played a small section of Twilight Princess and though I am convinced I'd certainly like the whole thing I don't think it could beat Majora in my mind. Already watched all the cutscenes, so, the gameplay is the only thing I've been missing out.

I remember playing Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Time, but never getting around to connecting them properly so to get to the real final boss. I think I had the capability to do it (did you need two Game Boys?), but in the end it was far too complicated for me to bother. Annoying code/password system.

Last edited by Shademp; 11/15/2010 at 07:44 PM.
Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Celes Chere (11/15/2010), Zee (11/15/2010)
Old 11/15/2010   #10
Tifabelle

I haven't played Zelda games in years. The last one was the one on GameCube (I don't even remember what it was). The original is still the best, lol. Which is the one on the Wii? I had considered getting that, and still considering. I only recently got the wii.

(SPOILER) Pokemon by GLD, signature by Tiff
Tifabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11/15/2010   #11
Zee

I shipped her so hard with Link (and Zelda) by the end of TP. I cried so many tears at the end... stupid game. U_U
I am a hardcore Link/Zelda shipper (DIE WITH THIS SHIP YO) but the part where it was all like;

"Princess..."
"Say nothing, Minda..."
"Our hearts were as one..."

the shipper goggles went on hardcore.

Thanked by 3:
Alessa Gillespie (11/15/2010), Celes Chere (11/15/2010), looneymoon (11/15/2010)
Old 11/15/2010   #12
Ryushikaze

Grunt wrote: I don't follow Zelda that closely anymore. Is there supposed to be a real timeline, or is it just wishful fans trying to connect essentially random dots?
Yes and no.

There are two distinct timelines.

One is logical and orderly. It's "Adult timeline Ocarina-> Windwaker-> Phantom Hourglass-> Spirit Tracks."

The other one is every other game and goes "Alternate Child timeline Ocarina-> Majora-> Twilight 100ish years later->?????????????????->Adventure of Link. Maybe? Fuck."
Thanked by:
Celes Chere (11/15/2010)
Old 11/15/2010   #13
Alessa Gillespie

Rin Tohsaka wrote: I really loved and hated Majora's Mask. I hated that shit was timed. When things are timed I get hella stressed out! xD So the whole time I did the side quest with Kafe and Anzu, I was like SHIT... NOW I NEED THE LETTER. CRAP NOW I NEED THAT ONE THING OMG THE MOON IS GOING TO FALL AND I'M GOING TO DESTROY THEIR WEDDING SKGJSLFKGHSLHSJH.
OH MY GOD THAT IS THE MOST EPIC SIDEQUEST EVER

though I would seriously replay the days over and over to see how many people I could help in those three days so that HOPEFULLY I would be able to help everyone, I dunno why I loved doing that so much.

ALSO, CELESBITO I feel you should play Wind Waker wherein Zelda is a badass pirate who saves Link's butt ALL THE TIME and is pretty much the coolest thing since the other side of the pillow.

is daddy still a good man?
like a shotgun needs an outcome

don't trust the ones who shake with their left hand

ACKY: IM NOT A TURIAN I CANT MAEK BABBIES WITH GARRUS

Joe: NOT WITH THAT ATTITUDE

can you fight a legendary creature?

i was a TEENAGE CLAIRVOYANT
Alessa Gillespie is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Celes Chere (11/15/2010)
Old 11/15/2010   #14
Splintered

It's kind of hard for me to say whether or not I liked Zelda because she's different in each installment. I didn't really care for Zelda at first until I learned she was Sheik. But after that revelation and she turned back, I didn't particularly care anymore. But she looked kind of beast in Wind Waker.

I am also kind of sad because Malon doesn't get any other installments.

PS.

Navi was the worst Zelda character of all time.

Splintered is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Alessa Gillespie (11/15/2010), looneymoon (11/15/2010), Zee (11/15/2010)
Old 11/15/2010   #15
Ryushikaze

Rin Tohsaka wrote: I was never a huge fan of Zelda the character, but I don't have a problem with her. c:
Well Excuuuuuuuse me, princess.

I liked seeing her in brawl and everything. Midna though, there's one badass female character. BD I shipped her so hard with Link (and Zelda) by the end of TP. I cried so many tears at the end... stupid game. U_U

Also, Malon. <3
Midna goes with Zelda. Cuz it's hot. Link gets what's her name. The childhood friend character.

Other links, I have no idea. I'm pretty sure OoT link goes with Malon. I think Minish Cap Link and Four Sword Link get with their respective Zeldas, as do the Windwaker Timeline Links.
No clue otherwise.