The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Final Fantasy > Sub-Final Fantasy > Final Fantasy Tactics

Final Fantasy Tactics All of the Final Fantasy-based tactical role-playing games.

Old 12/03/2010   #16
kuro

ForceStealer wrote: If you're willing to put time into him he's a perfectly good character. You just get him so late that you have to actually be invested in him to even bother.

Its true that he later limit breaks simply take too damn long to charge, but Climhazzard is so good its almost broken.
yep... thats what it was... you get him so late in the game, then find he is low level or something, i forget, it's been ages since i've played it. I don't even own the game or a PSX anymore... = (
kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/03/2010   #17
ForceStealer

He's level 1 when you get him, and the rest of your part is like 30 or 40 I think. His first 10 or 15 levels come really quickly, and then it becomes a drag to get him the rest of the way up. But the first time I played it I leveled him all the way up and used him for the final battle.

And if you have a PSP, get War of the Lions. You won't regret it.

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (12/04/2010)
Old 12/03/2010   #18
Ryushikaze

ForceStealer wrote: He's level 1 when you get him, and the rest of your part is like 30 or 40 I think. His first 10 or 15 levels come really quickly, and then it becomes a drag to get him the rest of the way up. But the first time I played it I leveled him all the way up and used him for the final battle.

And if you have a PSP, get War of the Lions. You won't regret it.
Cloud+ Climhazard+ Short Charge = One turn final fight.
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (12/05/2010)
Old 12/04/2010   #19
Wiegraf

I remember after I 100% completed the game... I decided to use Lioneditor to make some interesting things.

I gave Cloud an Innate CT 0 ability. Meaning NO CHARGE TIME!!! It was awesome

Plus giving party members Master Teleportation>All

"There must be strong, unwavering justice. And there must be fear to enforce that justice."
-Romeo Guildenstern, Vagrant Story

What troubled sleep have you known, to speak of my dreams? No matter how sweet, a dream left unrealized must fade into day. Only with power can dreams be made real! I see the truth of it now.
-Wiegraf

Wiegraf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/2010   #20
Tetsujin

I bought Vagrant Story eleven years ago and still haven't finished it. x_x
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/04/2010   #21
kuro

Tetsujin wrote: I bought Vagrant Story eleven years ago and still haven't finished it. x_x
ya this was an awesome game as i remember it.... only played the demo thou lol!!
kuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12/05/2010   #22
Wiegraf

Wow... Vagrant Story really IS underrated. Its one of the greatest games I have ever had the honor of playing and yet barely anyone has played it...

Tetsujin wrote: I bought Vagrant Story eleven years ago and still haven't finished it. x_x
PLAY IT PLAY IT NOW

"There must be strong, unwavering justice. And there must be fear to enforce that justice."

What troubled sleep have you known, to speak of my dreams? No matter how sweet, a dream left unrealized must fade into day. Only with power can dreams be made real! I see the truth of it now.
-Wiegraf

Old 12/05/2010   #23
Tetsujin

Wiegraf wrote:
PLAY IT PLAY IT NOW
The reason I didn't finish is because I really don't like the battle system though. =/
Which is too bad, the story seemed interesting. ;_;
Old 12/05/2010   #24
Wiegraf

Walkthroughs immerse you more in the battle system. It gets pretty easy.

Just chain abilities over and over again and then lower your RISK. It gets pretty easy. I loved the Crossbow. You need to give it another shot.

-Wiegraf

Old 12/05/2010   #25
Tetsujin

I think I gave it like 2 or 3 other shots over the years.

The battle system and the menus and I just don't get along. =<
Old 01/23/2011   #26
Wiegraf

^But the story is oh so amazing, not worth missing out on.

The gameplay has a learning curve, but it becomes pretty clear and is very addictive.

-Wiegraf

Old 01/23/2011   #27
Mr. Ite

I used the walkthrough the whole time and my first boss fight in Lea Monde was impossible. I was obliterated every time, like, one hit kills from the goons. I didn't want to go back underground and level grind. I was so sick of being in a dungeon that the prospect of returning there made me... well, made me stop playing.
Mr. Ite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2011   #28
Dana Scully

I think you almost do better at FFT if you do it without a walkthrough, because as you blunder around you grind up the necessary levels necessary to take on the harder fights.

Dana Scully is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/23/2011   #29
Tetsujin

Wiegraf wrote: ^But the story is oh so amazing, not worth missing out on.

The gameplay has a learning curve, but it becomes pretty clear and is very addictive.
No, it really isn't to me. =/
Honestly, I really, really dislike Vagrant Story's gameplay. I tried so many times to get into it and every time the battle system kills it. o_o
Old 01/23/2011   #30
Jocalyn

Ugh, i'm so bad at FFT, I've tried playing it soo many times, but tactical games aren't my thing. I wish I could just skip the gameplay and watch the storyline.
Jocalyn is offline   Reply With Quote