The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Compilation of Final Fantasy VII > Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VII All events from the 1997 classic RPG, with which it all began.

Old 07/13/2018   #61
SoZettaSlow

Minato wrote:
Nivaldia wrote:
Minato wrote:
We know he likes snowboarding, chocoboracing, a lot of other minigames, we know he heroworshipped Sephiroth, he gets motionsickness when not behind the wheel of vehicle. He was very embarrassed to not make it in SOLDIER, but the day he initially got a Shinra uniform was the proudest day of his life.

FFVII is a big game, with Cloud as main character reacting to a lot of subjects.

Of course it's a merveillous game, because of its bigger story
It's a big story, but pretty focused on Cloud. We know what his was doing at 7, 14, 16, 20, 21. We get a stronger an impression of his life then any other adult character Square ever presented to us.
You are discounting the entirety of the Xenogears cast if you think Cloud has the strongest impression.

I know I'm the worst boo,
But I can be cool too.
SoZettaSlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/13/2018   #62
Minato

I might be, haven't played that one.
Minato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/13/2018   #63
SoZettaSlow

It was the original plot of FF7 til it got abandoned for being too dark and complicated. Another studio was burned to release it on peanuts for a budget. Despite that it was still good. To give you an idea the game spans over several thousand years for its story.

But I can be cool too.
Old 07/14/2018   #64
Lilly Pilly

A lot of people, like me, don't care about what might have been, or was meant to be, just what's canon in the present moment. Cloud is far from a vacuum character. It's fine if people just don't like him, that's their right, but "vacuum" implies that there was a huge hole in the plotline which Cloud filled for better lack of a deeper character. I mean, if that's anyone's opinion, cool. I just find it strange. I find him almost too deep, at times.
Lilly Pilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
BforBrigitta (07/14/2018)
Old 07/14/2018   #65
Lilly Pilly

I know a hardcore Clerith shipper who recently stated that Crisis Core wasn't canon, and I swear... But hey, why let reality get in the way of your shipping OCD?
Thanked by:
Old 07/14/2018   #66
Lilly Pilly

SoZettaSlow wrote: While he has a point, Cloud feels fine in FFVII it's any other appearance of him that's really weak since Tetsuya Nomura doesnt really do well with consistency.
I really hated the emo persona of Cloud in ACC, but after awhile I kinda got it. He got seriously mindfucked during CC and VII, and the two years after before AC it'd be natural to have some kind of crisis of character. That shit would make anyone doubt their own mind, on top of Zack and Aerith dying making him feel useless. So yeah, now I can watch it with a deeper sense of understanding. I just really, REALLY hope the remake won't have Cloud behaving as he did in AC, cause that shit AINT VII canon!
Thanked by:
Old 07/14/2018   #67
SoZettaSlow

Lilly Pilly wrote:
SoZettaSlow wrote: While he has a point, Cloud feels fine in FFVII it's any other appearance of him that's really weak since Tetsuya Nomura doesnt really do well with consistency.
I really hated the emo persona of Cloud in ACC, but after awhile I kinda got it. He got seriously mindfucked during CC and VII, and the two years after before AC it'd be natural to have some kind of crisis of character. That shit would make anyone doubt their own mind, on top of Zack and Aerith dying making him feel useless. So yeah, now I can watch it with a deeper sense of understanding. I just really, REALLY hope the remake won't have Cloud behaving as he did in AC, cause that shit AINT VII canon!
I believe we will see a lot of character re-imagining from the FFVII Remake, they already hinted at that. I really doubt Cloud will be the same boy we saw in FFVII.

But I can be cool too.
Old 07/15/2018   #68
Lilly Pilly

SoZettaSlow wrote:
Lilly Pilly wrote:
I believe we will see a lot of character re-imagining from the FFVII Remake, they already hinted at that. I really doubt Cloud will be the same boy we saw in FFVII.
*sighs* you're probably right, as much as I hope you're not.
Old 07/15/2018   #69
SoZettaSlow

The only thing I hope for is for Cloud or Sephy to be VA'd by Matt Mercer or Liam o'Brien

But I can be cool too.
Old 07/15/2018   #70
Lilly Pilly

I can't agree there!

Last edited by Lilly Pilly; 07/16/2018 at 01:28 AM. Reason: agree not disagree.
Old 07/15/2018   #71
Minato

SoZettaSlow wrote: The only thing I hope for is for Cloud or Sephy to be VA'd by Matt Mercer or Liam o'Brien
I REALLY hope not. Best thing about Steve Burton is that Cloud has a voice we haven't heard come out of a million other characters.
Minato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07/15/2018   #72
SoZettaSlow

As long as he can channel the cockier Cloud without sounding like a passive aggressive romcom voice. The most unappealing part to me about Cloud has been his voice. It makes me want to bully him.

But I can be cool too.
Thanked by:
TooManyFandoms (07/16/2018)
Old 07/16/2018   #73
Lilly Pilly

Minato wrote:
SoZettaSlow wrote: The only thing I hope for is for Cloud or Sephy to be VA'd by Matt Mercer or Liam o'Brien
I REALLY hope not. Best thing about Steve Burton is that Cloud has a voice we haven't heard come out of a million other characters.
Same, yep I love Steve Burton's Cloud.
Thanked by:
Minato (07/16/2018)