The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Entertainment

Entertainment Poast about movies, television, animé, books, and pyrotechnics in the distance here. Music topics go in The Venue.

Old 12/20/2013   #1
X-SOLDIER
Default How to Train Your Dragon (Dreamworks) Series & Films

YouTube Video

All my yes.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 7:
Celes Chere (06/14/2014), Chloe Frazer (12/20/2013), Interslicery (12/20/2013), Kermitu Kleric Katie (12/20/2013), Marcus (06/15/2014), The Twilight Mexican (12/20/2013), Theozilla (12/20/2013)
Old 12/20/2013   #2
Chloe Frazer

Well look who's all grown up now and attractive.

I'm so fucking excited about this movie.

Old 12/20/2013   #3
Ghost X

Not sure what I think about it yet, based on the trailer. I know with the original movie, it was actually the accompanying animated shorts that I preferred.

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Member You'd Most Want to Meet.

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Best Voice.

2017 2nd Place Winner -- Most Likely To Back Out Of A Fight But Remain... Victorious.
Ghost X is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (12/20/2013)
Old 06/14/2014   #4
Chloe Frazer

*revives*

The movie was fucking amazing. The feels, so many feels.

It's gonna be incredibly difficult to pick between it and The Lego Movie for best animated picture of the year.
Old 06/14/2014   #5
Tennyo

Oh dang I forgot it was opening this weekend.

Must see this!!!
Old 06/14/2014   #6
Celes Chere

SCREECHING HERE'S A GIANT SPOILER TAG BECAUSE I SAW IT THURSDAY AND HERE'S ALL MY THOUGHTS ABOUT IT

(SPOILER) i fucking loved IT OMG, I'M NOT SURE IF I LIKE IT MORE THAN THE FIRST ONE BUT IT IS REALLY GOOD. THEY ARE BOTH REALLY GOOD. AND I HEARD THIS MOVIE IS GOING TO BE A TRILOGY? SO I'M EXPECTING ONE MORE HTTYD MOVIE IN THE FUTURE.

Anyway I really loved that they didn't make Astrid into some side character damsel because I had a fear that now that she and Hiccup are a couple she was going to be shoved off to the side ew. Fortunately she was still the boss and she had her own role in helping everyone which was GREAt she didn't follow him around the whole time she did her own thing. I'd have liked to see her become chief but yeah Hiccup had to honor his father and he was elected 5 years ago so you know

ANYWAY at first i cried because of how absolutely CUTE INSPIRING AND BEAUTIFUL THIS MOVIE ACTUALLY IS . I actually cried because I felt so HAPPY? Like when he meets his mother and they are flying around so FREE SPIRITED like ow my heart. And when Stoic and Vailka (sp) meet again I CRIED OMG IT WAS SO HEARTWARMING THEY DID NOT MAKE IT TOO CHEESY AT ALL IT WAS JUST PERFECT AND THEY WERE A FAMILY AGAIN AND THEN THEY JUST

RIP THAT ALL AWAY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAMN MOVIE. I totally did not think Stoic was ACTUALLY GOING TO DIE. I can't even begin to describe how much i cried when they shot arrows at the boat to send his soul away and the speech afterwards ... I literally fogged up my 3D glasses and my mAKEUP WAS GOING DOWN MY FACE I DID NOT EXPECT MY SOUL TO BE RIPPED AWAY FROM MY BODY

and then the bond between hiccup and toothless ;A; and when Hiccup was mad at first and told him to go away it totally broke my heart and then later when he tells toothless he's his best friend i FUCKING CRIED SOME MORE SERIOUSLY I H AVE NEVER CRIED SO MUCH DURING A DAMN MOVIE

dreamworks u outdid yourself honestly im not THAT big of a fan of dreamworks but my favorites are rotg and httyd and they've done really great things with httyd i expected this movie to be more funny and cute than sad and emotional but goD DAMN IT WAS A PERFECT BALANCE OF BOTH

also if u pick the lego movie over this u ARE INSANE and i say that affectionately
Celes Chere is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Chloe Frazer (06/15/2014)
Old 06/14/2014   #7
X-SOLDIER

Short post from my phone: I really loved this movie. My only disappointment was that the pacing felt kinda jumpy, because it seemed like there should be more of everything. I will never get tired of watching the dragons interact with everything. <3 Lots of excellence, especially in 3D.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Pyro (06/15/2014)
Old 06/15/2014   #8
Chloe Frazer

Morrigan Aensland wrote: SCREECHING HERE'S A GIANT SPOILER TAG BECAUSE I SAW IT THURSDAY AND HERE'S ALL MY THOUGHTS ABOUT IT

(SPOILER) i fucking loved IT OMG, I'M NOT SURE IF I LIKE IT MORE THAN THE FIRST ONE BUT IT IS REALLY GOOD. THEY ARE BOTH REALLY GOOD. AND I HEARD THIS MOVIE IS GOING TO BE A TRILOGY? SO I'M EXPECTING ONE MORE HTTYD MOVIE IN THE FUTURE.

Anyway I really loved that they didn't make Astrid into some side character damsel because I had a fear that now that she and Hiccup are a couple she was going to be shoved off to the side ew. Fortunately she was still the boss and she had her own role in helping everyone which was GREAt she didn't follow him around the whole time she did her own thing. I'd have liked to see her become chief but yeah Hiccup had to honor his father and he was elected 5 years ago so you know

ANYWAY at first i cried because of how absolutely CUTE INSPIRING AND BEAUTIFUL THIS MOVIE ACTUALLY IS . I actually cried because I felt so HAPPY? Like when he meets his mother and they are flying around so FREE SPIRITED like ow my heart. And when Stoic and Vailka (sp) meet again I CRIED OMG IT WAS SO HEARTWARMING THEY DID NOT MAKE IT TOO CHEESY AT ALL IT WAS JUST PERFECT AND THEY WERE A FAMILY AGAIN AND THEN THEY JUST

RIP THAT ALL AWAY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAMN MOVIE. I totally did not think Stoic was ACTUALLY GOING TO DIE. I can't even begin to describe how much i cried when they shot arrows at the boat to send his soul away and the speech afterwards ... I literally fogged up my 3D glasses and my mAKEUP WAS GOING DOWN MY FACE I DID NOT EXPECT MY SOUL TO BE RIPPED AWAY FROM MY BODY

and then the bond between hiccup and toothless ;A; and when Hiccup was mad at first and told him to go away it totally broke my heart and then later when he tells toothless he's his best friend i FUCKING CRIED SOME MORE SERIOUSLY I H AVE NEVER CRIED SO MUCH DURING A DAMN MOVIE

dreamworks u outdid yourself honestly im not THAT big of a fan of dreamworks but my favorites are rotg and httyd and they've done really great things with httyd i expected this movie to be more funny and cute than sad and emotional but goD DAMN IT WAS A PERFECT BALANCE OF BOTH

also if u pick the lego movie over this u ARE INSANE and i say that affectionately
The Lego Movie.

Please tell me you've finally seen it.

Also I get the feeling you didn't breathe at all while writing that post because of too much excitement and ALL CAPS.
Old 06/15/2014   #9
Celes Chere

I literally didn't breathe how did you know

and no i refuse to see it :'D
Old 06/15/2014   #10
Chloe Frazer

The ALL CAPS kinda gave it away.

Woman do I need to stream the movie? You need to watch it immediately.
Old 06/15/2014   #11
Tennyo

I haven't seen The Lego Movie, either. :/
Old 06/15/2014   #12
Marcus

I'm so freaking excited about this movie, I want to go and see it so bloody badly but no one will go and see it with me.

Fangu wrote: Marcus, you and me just entering the same room would result in babies
PSN Info
l Twitter l Facebook l Instagram l
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2014   #13
Celes Chere

Marcus wrote: I'm so freaking excited about this movie, I want to go and see it so bloody badly but no one will go and see it with me.
I WILL
Old 06/16/2014   #14
Chloe Frazer

Are you going to travel to Newcastle just to see the movie with him? Wait what am I saying? That's totally something you would do for HTTYD.
Old 06/16/2014   #15
Interslicery

I enjoyed the first one better. Maybe I'm getting worn out on the big, massive, gotta be more! sequels. The final battle in HTTYD was infinitely better than in HTTYD2.

(SPOILER) How was Drogo controlling the alpha exactly? I could buy him controlling the others by simply asserting his dominance, but the alpha'd have to squint to even notice he was there. Drogo was weak in every aspect really, didnt enjoy him, his plan, or how he went about it.

Props for having toothless kill his dad, nice choice there.

I would have sworn the whole "we look after our own" thing was going to be a conflict since Hiccup was fighting against that the entire time, but I guess not.

There were some moments when I teared up, specifically (SPOILER) when his parents were reuniting. And I'm glad they diminished the other "kids" screen time, even tho they still annoyed the crap out of me whenever they were there.
I felt like they felt they needed to have the dragons doing cute things in the background whenever people were talking to keep the attention of the younger audience tho, felt more forced than in the original.

I like the first better. It's not bad, but the flaws are alot more noticeable in 2, and I didn't enjoy watching it as much as 1.

edit: The soundtrack wasn't great either. That song during the first toothless/hiccup scene was horribly cheesy

Interslicery is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (06/16/2014)