The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Archive > TLS Archive > Member Spotlight Archive

Member Spotlight Archive Old threads from the Member Spotlight.

Old 08/14/2014   #31
AvecAloes

Soakette wrote: Don't know if this was asked but I am curious to know if your family knows that you are polyamorous ? If so, what was their reaction? Are they okay with it?
The only person in my family who knows is my sister, and she's fine with it. We're so incredibly different in some ways, but in terms of stuff like that, we're pretty similar, or at least understanding of each other. The rest of my family doesn't know, nor do I really think they need to.

Also Avec I think you are smoking hot, if I was a lesbian I would want to be your girlfriend but you'd have to share me with Sprites! Oh are you into girls? Would you be okay with Micah having a girlfriend?
D'awwwww well thank you! I've always thought you were quite the beauty. And of course I'd be willing to share with Sprites! Love for everyone, haha. Yes, I am also into girls. Yes, I would be ok with Micah having a girlfriend. He hasn't, yet, but he did have a random threesome with two girls when he was stationed up in New York, before I moved up there with him. Him telling me about it was one of the biggest turn-ons I've ever experienced. I know, I'm really weird.
Dawnbreaker (08/16/2014), Soakette (08/14/2014), The Man (08/14/2014), The Pyro (08/15/2014), The Twilight Mexican (08/15/2014)
Old 08/14/2014   #32
Addy Carver

That Monet painting is my favourite of his BTW, for exactly the same reasons you said. It was hung in the V&A (IIRC) when I went on a class trip during college. It was to date (at that time) the biggest single exhibit of the Venice collection, and when I stood in front of it, the room was packed but it was just so calming I lost the group from just staring. One of those moments that stick with you.

I concur with your Muse answers BTW, but I shan't derail your thread with moar talk of them.
So what inspires you to try new art techniques? Do you read of them and go research, or are you on the lookout for new things to try on a regular basis anyway? Do you ever use textiles, or produce art on textiles?
Gold Most Likely to out Bitchslap a bitch on the Sister Ray or some shit
Silver Crack Ship (Cthulhage)
Silver Cheekiest Bastard
Bronze Most Likely to Burn Down a Village
Bronze Most Sage/Knowledgeable
Copper Best Arse
Copper Would Like to Bang Most
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (08/15/2014)
Old 08/14/2014   #33
Octo

What about Airbag? I found that was a pretty uplifting song of Radioheads.

EDIT: The only one I can think of mind you, but I don't care I likes 'em anyway.

(Mostly Manics related things but some other stuff and more things being added all the time! <3

https://www.redbubble.com/people/rom...dropdown&asc=u

Last edited by Octo; 08/14/2014 at 09:18 PM.
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (08/15/2014)
Old 08/14/2014   #34
Tetsujin

Claymore wrote: Aerith or Tifa?
AvecAloes wrote: Tifa.
Thanked by 4:
AvecAloes (08/14/2014), Dawnbreaker (08/16/2014), ForceStealer (08/14/2014), The Twilight Mexican (08/15/2014)
Old 08/15/2014   #35
Chloe Frazer

Have you had any dreams about any members of the forum (Force not included)?
Old 08/15/2014   #36
Ryushikaze

Tetsujin wrote:
Well, duh, she identifies as Aerith, Aerith wants to bang Tifa, of course she picks Tifa. It's only logic.
Thanked by 7:
AvecAloes (08/17/2014), Chloe Frazer (08/15/2014), Dawnbreaker (08/16/2014), Shademp (08/19/2014), Tennyo (08/17/2014), The Pyro (08/15/2014), The Twilight Mexican (08/15/2014)
Old 08/15/2014   #37
Celes Chere

fave candy bar and WHY
Thanked by:
AvecAloes (08/17/2014)
Old 08/16/2014   #38
Omega

AvecAloes wrote: Have you seen the episode of Futurama
It's funny...I had actually originally put this in parenthesis to explain one of those before I decided to change it. Between that and this

AvecAloes wrote: 1. Jon Snow (hnnngh)
2. Tyrion
3. Margaery
4. Arya
5. Syrio
6. Robb
7. Varys
8. Osha
9. Bran
10. Davos
you've gained 12 respect points. ESPECIALLY FOR FUCKING SYRIO WHO GOES SO UNNOTICED BUT IS SO FUCKING FANTASTIC AAAAAAAAA ;.; seriously, excellent excellent EXCELLENT choices on characters there. I think the only one I'm less fond of there is Robb, but he makes up for it in the show by being Richard Madden who has a great voice (Castlevania wop wop) so yeah.

Ahem.

What is one hobby that you have that you never thought you would enjoy?

Would you ever go on a DRAAAAAAAAAAAAKE-style adventure? (sorry I just fine that particular line to be really, really funny, not least because MGS)

On a related note, on a scale of 1 to 10, how much would you enjoy going on an adventure like the above if it were related to a particular artist or work of art?

What are your thoughts on Monster Rancher?

When is your next modeling job? Do you enjoy it? No answers containing any form of "I'm not a model", please

Do you drink? If so, do you have anything you particularly enjoy?

Favorite ice cream flavor(s)?
Old 08/16/2014   #39
The Twilight Mexican

Omega going into fanboy mode makes me smile on a spiritual level.

OT: Favorite pizza topping?
Thanked by:
AvecAloes (08/17/2014)
Old 08/16/2014   #40
Omega

Be sure to ask me questions about Game of Thrones and Mass Effect when my turn comes around, then

How do you feel about gardening (i.e. would you ever), particularly along the lines of growing your own fruits and vegetables?

Would you ever create a Frankenstein?
Old 08/17/2014   #41
AvecAloes

Mage wrote: That Monet painting is my favourite of his BTW, for exactly the same reasons you said. It was hung in the V&A (IIRC) when I went on a class trip during college. It was to date (at that time) the biggest single exhibit of the Venice collection, and when I stood in front of it, the room was packed but it was just so calming I lost the group from just staring. One of those moments that stick with you.
That sounds so lovely, Mage. I think I'd like to look at art with you.

I concur with your Muse answers BTW, but I shan't derail your thread with moar talk of them.
So what inspires you to try new art techniques? Do you read of them and go research, or are you on the lookout for new things to try on a regular basis anyway? Do you ever use textiles, or produce art on textiles?
It's mostly been when I'm briefly introduced to something in a class or by a friend who also does arts and such. Recent example - I have a friend who studies at a small atelier school in Baltimore. I love his work, I love his painting technique, and he recommended that I check out a similar school in Philadelphia to learn more about it, so I did. Took a week long painting workshop that taught me a new way to paint.

I hardly ever use textiles. I would like to do some printmaking on shirts and such, just graphics and whatnot for fun, but I'd like to do that with a silkscreen, methinks, which means I'll have to go about getting those supplies.

Octo wrote: What about Airbag? I found that was a pretty uplifting song of Radioheads.

EDIT: The only one I can think of mind you, but I don't care I likes 'em anyway.
Ha, yes, you're right. It played while I was in the car today, and I think that's the closest they get to being...happy.

Melon Lord wrote: Have you had any dreams about any members of the forum (Force not included)?
Yup. I've had a couple of sex dreams about Mage

Morrigan Aensland wrote: fave candy bar and WHY
I believe I'll have to go with Kit Kat bars. I love the texture, and since I'm not a huge chocolate eater, it has just the right amount of chocolate before I get sick of it.
Chloe Frazer (08/17/2014), The Man (08/19/2014), The Pyro (08/17/2014), The Twilight Mexican (08/18/2014)
Old 08/17/2014   #42
AvecAloes

Frog wrote: It's funny...I had actually originally put this in parenthesis to explain one of those before I decided to change it. Between that and this

you've gained 12 respect points. ESPECIALLY FOR FUCKING SYRIO WHO GOES SO UNNOTICED BUT IS SO FUCKING FANTASTIC AAAAAAAAA ;.; seriously, excellent excellent EXCELLENT choices on characters there. I think the only one I'm less fond of there is Robb, but he makes up for it in the show by being Richard Madden who has a great voice (Castlevania wop wop) so yeah.
Awww yeah

Ahem.

What is one hobby that you have that you never thought you would enjoy?
Running. I used to LOATHE running. I hated it, never wanted to do it, and when I did do it, I would complain the entire time. Now I love going for runs!

Would you ever go on a DRAAAAAAAAAAAAKE-style adventure? (sorry I just fine that particular line to be really, really funny, not least because MGS)
Ha, yeah, I'd love to feel badass like that for a while, so why not?

On a related note, on a scale of 1 to 10, how much would you enjoy going on an adventure like the above if it were related to a particular artist or work of art?
If it were to save said artist/art, I would probably say 10, because art is so important to me, and I think it should be important to everyone, even if they don't like making art or feel they can't do it. So I would absolutely do everything I could to preserve whatever art/artist was in peril.

What are your thoughts on Monster Rancher?
I have to admit that I don't know what this is! So...my thoughts amount to very little

When is your next modeling job? Do you enjoy it? No answers containing any form of "I'm not a model", please
Well, I don't get paid to model, but I have done a pin-up photo shoot that I very, very much enjoyed, and would love to do another one when the fates allow. One of my art friends also said a while ago that he would like to draw me like one of his French girls so maybe that'll happen sometime.

Do you drink? If so, do you have anything you particularly enjoy?
I do! Go quite drunk last night for my birthday, actually, haha. I love stouts. Love them. LOVE THEM. I also very much enjoy gin, spiced rum, whiskey/bourbon, and pretty much any cocktail made with those things. I don't normally go for really sweet or fruity cocktails, though. Give me an Old Fashioned any day and I'll be happy.

Favorite ice cream flavor(s)?
Dutch chocolate, mint chocolate chip, fudge ripple, maple walnut, butter pecan, and I could keep going but I won't because I don't want this post to end up being a mile long. I. Love. Ice. Cream.
Chloe Frazer (08/17/2014), The Man (08/19/2014), The Pyro (08/17/2014), The Twilight Mexican (08/18/2014)
Old 08/17/2014   #43
AvecAloes

The Twilight Mexican wrote: Omega going into fanboy mode makes me smile on a spiritual level.
I agree!

OT: Favorite pizza topping?
Ham and pineapple.

Frog wrote: Be sure to ask me questions about Game of Thrones and Mass Effect when my turn comes around, then

How do you feel about gardening (i.e. would you ever), particularly along the lines of growing your own fruits and vegetables?
I have in the past! I don't have a place for a garden in the city, but when I lived in the middle of nowhere and had a backyard, I grew all kinds of vegetables. Tomatoes, zucchini, green beans, a variety of herbs, etc. I've never grown fruit, but most of the fruit I like comes from trees, so I don't know if I would ever have a place where I could do that.

Would you ever create a Frankenstein?
Nope. My luck, things would go horribly, horribly wrong.
Old 08/17/2014   #44
Cat Rage Room

Huh. From reading this, on a likes/dislikes/preferences level, we're a lot alike, especially when it comes to food.
Thanked by:
AvecAloes (08/17/2014)
Old 08/17/2014   #45
AvecAloes

Kiss Land wrote: Huh. From reading this, on a likes/dislikes/preferences level, we're a lot alike, especially when it comes to food.
Well it must be because we are both so awesome. That makes sense to me.
Cat Rage Room (08/17/2014), Chloe Frazer (08/17/2014), Shademp (08/19/2014), The Man (08/19/2014), The Pyro (08/17/2014), The Twilight Mexican (08/18/2014)