The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Entertainment

Entertainment Poast about movies, television, animé, books, and pyrotechnics in the distance here. Music topics go in The Venue.

Old 08/15/2014   #16
Celes Chere

I'd possibly spend 550 on that if i could see actual images of what it looks like 8U
Celes Chere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/18/2014   #17
Cloud_S

Morrigan Aensland wrote: I'd possibly spend 550 on that if i could see actual images of what it looks like 8U
I hope that unlike the Gundam Wing remaster, the preview videos (or screenshots) aren't presented in crappy video quality. I never did find a single source that had anything better than the Amazon JP listing for it (....which seems to be gone, but the PV is available here, and I think the same quality was on the official Gundam Wing site, though I couldn't view it due to it being restricted to Japan IPs only and the proxy allowed but 5sec of video before endless buffering). What's the point of an HD remaster on blu-ray, if all the promos are in sub-standard quality, as if you're streaming on a crap connection?

Hopefully though, they don't introduce too much film grain. That was one of my two issues (the second being terribly boring menus) with the GW set, the film grain noise is too apparent on the skin/faces of the characters. Uploaded an example of that here, but it's best to download it to see it as it doesn't really appear on the web-player.
Shademp wrote: I think we just found the explanation for all the inconsistencies with Midgar. The reason that the parts of Midgar destroyed in AC are whole again in DoC is because, well, Reeve told the city to repair itself. Glad we got that sorted out!
Final Fantasy VII G-Bike [OST]

Last edited by Cloud_S; 08/18/2014 at 06:40 AM.
Cloud_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (08/18/2014)
Old 09/29/2014   #18
Cloud_S

So a few days ago, there was a promotional commercial. I've yet to find it online... but the official twitter posted what I think are screencaps from it (albeit not in full resolution...).

https://twitter.com/Digi_advntr15th/...66407033753600

I think they're better than the DVDs... though I don't have any direct DVD screencaps to compare.
Shademp wrote: I think we just found the explanation for all the inconsistencies with Midgar. The reason that the parts of Midgar destroyed in AC are whole again in DoC is because, well, Reeve told the city to repair itself. Glad we got that sorted out!

Last edited by Cloud_S; 09/29/2014 at 07:34 AM.
Thanked by 3:
Claymore (09/29/2014), The Twilight Mexican (09/29/2014), Theozilla (09/29/2014)
Old 09/29/2014   #19
Claymore

Those look gorgeous.
Claymore is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Cloud_S (09/30/2014)
Old 09/30/2014   #20
Cloud_S

Claymore wrote: Those look gorgeous.
Very!

Found the best quality DVD RAW for the creditless OP.

Even at cropped/reduced quality images from Twitter, the BD remaster looks a lot sharper, lines defined, no artifacts!
Thanked by 2:
Claymore (09/30/2014), The Twilight Mexican (10/01/2014)