The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Compilation of Final Fantasy VII > Final Fantasy VII

Final Fantasy VII All events from the 1997 classic RPG, with which it all began.

Old 09/07/2014   #16
Novus

Sephiroth was declared officially dead after the incident. Who else was she going to invest her energies into taking down?

Also Zangan's letter, I'm not sure if Tifa received it. But in either case, if she never returned to Nibleheim it suggests she was out in the wilderness all this time and eventually linked up with the eco-terrorists.

"Tifa, what's happened to our town? Was it all an illusion, or just a dream? No, it was neither. I remember trying to get people out of the flames, but not having the strength... Burning with anger, I went to the reactor to kill Sephiroth."
"But he was nowhere to be found. Instead, I found you, collapsed inside. I felt saving you was far more important than going after Sephiroth. There were several others that were still alive inside, but I was only able to save you."
"As I was coming out of the reactor, Shinra troops were just arriving. I recall a scientist named Hojo was in charge. He ordered the troops to gather up everyone still alive for the experiment. I didn't know what type of experiment he was talking about, but I wasn't about to let them have my dearest student."
"Putting you on my back, I headed down the mountain to the village. I used the Cure spell on you many times."
"And started to head for Midgar to look for a doctor for you. I don't like that city, but my Cure spells weren't helping."
"I decided to go to Midgar to find a doctor I could trust. I'm worried about you, but I can't settle down in one place for very long. Have you recovered fully? Are you well?"
"I wonder how many years have passed since then? I just got into town again, but I can't believe it... The whole town is back to normal, except for the strange beings with black clothes all around..."
"The town reeks of Shinra, but I won't go after them. You may think I'm running from them, but it's just that I don't want anything to do with Shinra anymore. Feels like time is running out."
"I'm sure you'll find this letter. And this gift for you. It should come in handy. I can't even jump anymore. But I hope you continue to sharpen your skills and remember what I taught you."
"To my most precious student, From Zangan"
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Minato (09/07/2014), Wolfhart (09/07/2014)
Old 09/07/2014   #17
Minato

Novus wrote: Sephiroth was declared officially dead after the incident. Who else was she going to invest her energies into taking down?

Also Zangan's letter, I'm not sure if Tifa received it. But in either case, if she never returned to Nibleheim it suggests she was out in the wilderness all this time and eventually linked up with the eco-terrorists.
I think it tells us he brought her too Midgar, then left her. Otherwise the message boils down too "So I never got around to bringing that doctor back, how are you getting on without medical treatment? Good?
Minato is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Kermitu Kleric Katie (04/28/2015), Novus (09/07/2014), Ravynne Nevyrmore (10/02/2014), The Twilight Mexican (09/07/2014)
Old 09/07/2014   #18
Novus

Minato Arisato wrote: I think it tells us he brought her too Midgar, then left her. Otherwise the message boils down too "So I never got around to bringing that doctor back, how are you getting on without medical treatment? Good?
Yes, you're correct, my reading comprehension failed.
Novus is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Kermitu Kleric Katie (04/28/2015), The Twilight Mexican (09/07/2014)
Old 10/02/2014   #19
Ravynne Nevyrmore

Even if Tifa had known that Sephiroth was acting of his own volition, Shin-Ra brought him to Nibelheim so it's still pretty valid to assign them some responsibility.

That, and Shin-Ra is just a fucking evil corporation anyway, and Tifa is a major hipster. Why wouldn't she hate Shin-Ra?

Also on deviantART.

also find me on tumblr here.
Ravynne Nevyrmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/02/2014   #20
Celes Chere

Because people look for someone to blame out of sheer emotional distress and anger. Even if they know it is not entirely the fault of someone else, they will generalize it since they are not thinking clearly.

See also: Hope Estheim

Same reason why people get angry at someone for dying. Or say "I HATE YOU (for leaving me)" when someone they really love dies. Their loved one couldn't control it and deep down they know that but they need to take it out on someone. Some people prefer to resort to yelling at God instead.
Celes Chere is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Kermitu Kleric Katie (04/28/2015), The Twilight Mexican (10/02/2014), Trainer Red (10/02/2014)
Old 10/02/2014   #21
Octo

Ravynne wrote:
That, and Shin-Ra is just a fucking evil corporation anyway, and Tifa is a major hipster. Why wouldn't she hate Shin-Ra?
I always had the impression Tifa was a smalltown girl who never even considered any of that stuff prior to the Nibelheim incident. She only became 'radicalised' (or whatever you want to call it) after that.

(Mostly Manics related things but some other stuff and more things being added all the time! <3

https://www.redbubble.com/people/rom...dropdown&asc=u
Octo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Kermitu Kleric Katie (04/28/2015), Lex (04/29/2015), Obsidian Fire (10/02/2014), The Twilight Mexican (10/04/2014)
Old 10/02/2014   #22
Ravynne Nevyrmore

Octo wrote: I always had the impression Tifa was a smalltown girl who never even considered any of that stuff prior to the Nibelheim incident. She only became 'radicalised' (or whatever you want to call it) after that.
Oh, right, I forgot she said that in the flashback, not in the "present."

Well, still, a 16 year old girl who just found her father murdered screams that she hates "Sephiroth, ShinRa, mako reactors, and everything" and you're going to look for a rational explanation as to why she decided to throw ShinRa into the bunch?

Shit, she could throw bunny rabbits into the bunch if she happened to see a bunny rabbit hop by at the moment that she found her dad and I still wouldn't find anything about that logic to not jive with the way human emotion works.

Also on deviantART.

also find me on tumblr here.
Ravynne Nevyrmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Airling (10/03/2014), Kermitu Kleric Katie (04/28/2015), The Twilight Mexican (10/04/2014)
Old 10/02/2014   #23
Octo

I've never questioned it myself it always made perfect sense why she would hate Shinra, Sephiroth and anything to do with them.

(Mostly Manics related things but some other stuff and more things being added all the time! <3

https://www.redbubble.com/people/rom...dropdown&asc=u
Octo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Airling (10/03/2014), Celes Chere (10/03/2014), Kermitu Kleric Katie (04/28/2015), Ravynne Nevyrmore (10/02/2014), The Twilight Mexican (10/04/2014)
Old 11/24/2014   #24
Colours

I think she really just hated everything to do with SHINRA, that's Sephiroth, and Soldier included.

Colours is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Kermitu Kleric Katie (04/28/2015), The Twilight Mexican (11/24/2014)
Old 04/28/2015   #25
Kermitu Kleric Katie

I'd like to point out that Tifa was technically 15 at the time of the Nibelheim incident, not 16. Not that it makes much of a difference, but still.