The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Entertainment

Entertainment Poast about movies, television, animé, books, and pyrotechnics in the distance here. Music topics go in The Venue.

Old 06/05/2018   #1831
X-SOLDIER

On not putting up with bullshit fan toxicity any more: https://io9.gizmodo.com/people-in-po...vit-1826575769

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

~ | G+ | Facebook | Tumblr | Twitter | DA | TLS | FFOF | FF | SCL | KC | CC | ~
X-SOLDIER is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 5:
Clement Rage (06/06/2018), Dark and Divine (06/06/2018), Ghost X (06/06/2018), Lucis Caelum (06/06/2018), The Twilight Mexican (06/05/2018)
Old 06/06/2018   #1832
Clement Rage

Aargh...this fanbase. There's a real nasty edge to it.
The Twilight Mexican (06/06/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/06/2018)
Old 06/06/2018   #1833
ForceStealer

I'm so puzzled about why even someone who really really really hated the movie, and even who is an asshole, would bother taking these complaints to some actor. Surely you know at least the most basic facts of the film industry and would have to know that the actors have nothing to do with the construction of the film?

I can see that idiot losers would harass Rian Johnson or JJ Abrams. But an actress whose name I didn't know until this story broke?

hitoshura wrote: Don't belittle my peoples, bitch. We work hard and we do what we're told. And might possibly be Scottish.
ultima espio wrote: I'm not sure if it was a BOMB, it could have been MAKO, KING, BEST, or ORBS.

Last edited by ForceStealer; 06/07/2018 at 07:13 PM.
ForceStealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Chloe Frazer (06/10/2018), The Twilight Mexican (06/07/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/07/2018)
Old 06/10/2018   #1834
Chloe Frazer

Found this on tumblr:

Cthulhu (06/12/2018), Dark and Divine (06/10/2018), ForceStealer (06/25/2018), Howl (06/12/2018), looneymoon (06/12/2018), Shademp (06/10/2018), The Twilight Mexican (06/10/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/10/2018)
Old 06/10/2018   #1835
X-SOLDIER

That episode was fucking hilarious.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

Shademp – on the subject of my seemingly boundless optimism wrote: After Ungoliant had sucked the light from the trees Telperion and Laurelin, she found that there was a third tree but whose light was too potent and immortal for her to absorb. Thusly, Ungoliant left Valinor in tears for she could not absorb the light of the tree named X-SOLDIER.

#TotzCanon

Old 06/10/2018   #1836
Lucis Caelum

There are rumors about Kathleen Kenedy stepping down from Lucasfilm on September.

Last edited by Lucis Caelum; 06/10/2018 at 10:17 PM.
Lucis Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (06/11/2018)
Old 06/10/2018   #1837
X-SOLDIER

I highly doubt that's anything more than fanboy butthurt masquerading as rumor.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (06/11/2018)
Old 06/11/2018   #1838
The Twilight Mexican

Agreed. I've been hearing "rumors" that she was done since TLJ came out -- but they're always from people who hated the movie, hate her, and constantly talk about some SJW conspiracy.
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (06/11/2018)
Old 06/12/2018   #1839
Clement Rage

What is she actually being blamed for anyway? Three billion dollar hits in three years?
The Twilight Mexican (06/12/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/12/2018)
Old 06/12/2018   #1840
The Twilight Mexican

Allowing "Star Wars" to be ruined by bad writing (i.e. character and casting decisions they don't like) on her negligent watch because she's only concerned with paying attention to pushing a feminist Illuminati agenda.

Or so the insane grumblings go.
Thanked by:
X-SOLDIER (06/12/2018)
Old 06/12/2018   #1841
X-SOLDIER

Forbes weighs in brilliantly on the rumors: https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...ney-lucasfilm/

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (06/13/2018)
Old 06/21/2018   #1842
X-SOLDIER

I hadn't seen this before now, but this is a REALLY awesome look at shots and scenes in classic film that The Last Jedi utilized as inspiration. It's a damn good way to build a list of classic films to go watch: https://nerdist.com/star-wars-the-la...rk-twin-peaks/

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 2:
Dark and Divine (06/21/2018), The Twilight Mexican (06/21/2018)
Old 06/26/2018   #1843
X-SOLDIER

Mark Hamill on playing Luke in The Last Jedi wrote: "It is tragic. I’m not a method actor, but one of the techniques a method actor will use is to try and use real-life experiences to relate to whatever fictional scenario he’s involved in. The only thing I could think of, given the screenplay that I read, was that I was of the Beatles generation—‘All You Need Is Love’, ‘peace and love’.

I thought at that time, when I was a teenager: ‘By the time we get in power, there will be no more war, there will be no racial discrimination, and pot will be legal.’ So I’m one for three. When you think about it, [my generation is] a failure. The world is unquestionably worse now than it was then."
That bit of his interview with IGN really sums up what I love so damn much about Luke in TLJ. Even moreso what with the current state of politics and other shit, it feels like Star Wars couldn't've chosen a better time to hit with that kind of message and imagery.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 2:
Dark and Divine (06/27/2018), The Twilight Mexican (06/29/2018)
Old 06/27/2018   #1844
Shademp

Spoiler Warning - Leaked image of Rey's parents in Star Wars Episode 9

Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 9:
Animexcel (06/29/2018), Dark and Divine (06/27/2018), ForceStealer (06/27/2018), Minato (06/27/2018), Obsidian Fire (06/27/2018), Shadowfox (06/29/2018), The Mad King (06/28/2018), The Twilight Mexican (06/29/2018), X-SOLDIER (06/27/2018)
Old 06/27/2018   #1845
X-SOLDIER

Hahahaha. I'm never gonna be able to un-think that now, Shad. It makes for so many hilariously bonkers references that I want to see a comedy comic about it that takes the whole thing very seriously.

X

…Xenomorphaux Pas…

#TotzCanon

Thanked by 2:
Shademp (06/27/2018), The Twilight Mexican (06/29/2018)