The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.


Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Archive > TLS Archive > Member Spotlight Archive

Member Spotlight Archive Old threads from the Member Spotlight.

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 07/15/2014   #1
The Man
Default Member Spotlight #7: Ask Ghost X anything

This is a new thing we're doing where we give a specific member a thread for a week in which they can share whatever information they want about themselves, then answer whatever questions the public asks them. It's sort of an expansion on the "Let's get to know each other" thread by, well, giving one member the spotlight. More information on the concept can be found here.

This week's participant is Ghost X, who has elected to share the following information:
Family: Parents separated, but not divorced. Half-brother estranged .
Sexuality: Heterosexual.
Employment: Student, studying visual arts degree, majoring in painting.
Metaphysical views: Explicit weak atheist.
Political Alignment: Libertarian socialist.
Goals in life: In order of priority / likelihood:
- Survive and be healthy to a ripe old age, if not become immortal . Aging is bad for your health, so I really hope they cure that . Not afraid of death, but the act of dying itself.
- To become a professional visual artist painting things that interests me, rather than being a sell-out, despite how hard this is to achieve.
- To become a non-adversarial figurehead for Reason, who causes a movement that leads to all capable adults of the world to not have flawed thinking... (yes, this'll never happen .)
Miscellaneous:
-
Currently into neo-psychedelic music.
- Play volleyball. Good at serving, bad at receiving ().
- Favourite game franchise: Metal Gear !? Solid.
- Favourite TV franchise: Game of Thrones.
- INTJ personality type .
- Probably have some kind of undiagnosed social anxiety disorder, which seems to have developed in the last few years, and activates itself especially when aromatic Italian food is present.
- Mild allergy to mosquitoes.
- Rarely drink alcohol, but prefer red wine (especially port), and stout or dark ale. I have a weak stomach however when drinking the latter. Same with cider.
- Have not added sugar to any thing I eat or drink since roughly February.
- Work history: Kangaroo meat factory (2 weeks), Chicken hatchery (10 months), Potato and onion packaging place (6 months), Conference hall manual labourer (11 months), heavy-duty cleaner with access to top secret government sites (13 months... no aliens... feel ripped off).
- Study history: (Cert II is roughly a quarter of a diploma.) Cert II in Agriculture, Cert II in IT administration, Cert III in Financial Services (accounting).
- I've lived in the UK and Canada, and traveled around Australia a lot as a child. Would love to live in northern Europe, but can't decide which country. Whichever is the least Neoliberal with the most progressive laws . Probably a pipe dream anyway.
- Arguably have "talents" in other artistic areas as well. Would love to get better at writing, and make the most awesome music ever on the planet (), but unfortunately there are only so many hours in the day.
- Currently not interested in marriage, or children, or pets.
Feel free to ask whatever you'd like. This thread will be up for approximately a week before we move onto our next participant.
__________________


You’re better off not dreaming of the things to come
Dreams are always ending far too soon









“When I was twelve, I milked my eel into a pot of turtle stew.
I flogged the one-eyed snake, I skinned my sausage, I made
the bald man cry into the turtle stew, which I do believe my
sister ate. At least, I hope she did.” -Tyrion Lannister
“The management is very bad. In fact, let’s not mince words: The management is terrible!
We’ve had a string of embezzlers, frauds, liars, and lunatics making a string of catastrophic
decisions. This is a plain fact. But who elected them? It was you! You who appointed these
people! You who gave them the power to make your decisions for you! While I’ll admit that
anyone can make a mistake once, to go on making the same lethal errors century after
century seems to me nothing short of deliberate. You have encouraged these malicious
incompetents, who have made your working life a shambles. You have accepted without
question their senseless orders. You have allowed them to fill your workspace with dangerous
and unproven machines. You could have stopped them. All you had to say was, ‘No.’” -V
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about answers.” -Thomas Pynchon
“All for ourselves, and nothing for other people, seems, in every age of the world, to have been the vile maxim of the masters of mankind.” -Adam Smith
“Why throw money at problems? That's what money is for. Should the nation's wealth be redistributed? It has been and continues to be redistributed to a few people in a manner strikingly unhelpful.” -Kurt Vonnegut
“Socialism never took root in America because the poor see themselves not as an exploited proletariat but as temporarily embarrassed millionaires.” -John Steinbeck
“If you took the most ardent revolutionary, vested him in absolute power, within a year he would be worse than the Tsar himself.” -Mikhail Bakunin
“In all history, there is no instance of a country having benefited from prolonged warfare.” -Sun Tzu
“...pero Capitán, obedecer por obedecer, así, sin pensarlo... sólo lo hacen gentes como usted, Capitán.” -Dr Ferreiro, Pan’s Labyrinth
“If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is: infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” -William Blake
“Yeah, you really got my act down good, guys. That'll be great. ‘You know, when I’m done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media in order to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched! That’s why I drink Orange Drink.’” -Bill Hicks








last.fm (note: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw) · Fool's Gold · FFOF · FF
the lifestream last.fm group · my old music · my new music · pm for myspace/facebook
The Man is offline  
Thanked by 6:
Alex Strife (07/15/2014), Chloe Frazer (07/15/2014), Cthulhu (07/15/2014), Dawnbreaker (07/15/2014), Ghost X (07/15/2014), The Twilight Mexican (07/15/2014)
Old 07/15/2014   #2
Tetsujin
Default

What is an Explicit Weak Atheist and how do they differ from Generic Reasonably-Strong Atheists?
Tetsujin is offline  
Thanked by 4:
Addy Carver (07/16/2014), Dawnbreaker (07/15/2014), Ghost X (07/15/2014), The Twilight Mexican (07/15/2014)
Old 07/15/2014   #3
Selphie Tilmitt
Default

Are you a ghost? Just asking

(SPOILER) Somebody had to do it
__________________
Aerith and Tifa - BBFF!
**
“Cloud avait ete son ami, et son amant.” “Cloud was the woman’s friend, and lover.”

**
Cloud - What about us ... What are WE supposed to do?
**
Cloud became very quiet for a moment. Then he said, "Because you're always with me."
"I haven't always been with you."
"That's how it will be starting from tomorrow," Cloud replied smiling again.

credits to Danseru-kun for the awesme FF balls
Selphie Tilmitt is offline  
Thanked by 3:
Ghost X (07/15/2014), The Man (07/15/2014), The Twilight Mexican (07/15/2014)
Old 07/15/2014   #4
Ghost X
Default

What is an Explicit Weak Atheist and how do they differ from Generic Reasonably-Strong Atheists?
"Explicit" means I've thought about it, and been exposed to arguments / other worldviews (ie: in this case, religious ones ). Infants are on the other hand "implicit" atheists, because they haven't thought about it. "Weak" means I do not claim god does not exist (like "strong" atheists do), rather I simply lack belief in god (specifically because there is no evidence, etc). It is the rational position.

Are you a ghost? Just asking
Depending on how one looks at it, yes and no. I'm not "a ghost", but I am one person who is called Ghost, hence I am indeed "a Ghost". There is no shame in asking .
__________________
Winner is me!
2018

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Member You'd Most Want to Meet.

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Best Voice.

2017 2nd Place Winner -- Most Likely To Back Out Of A Fight But Remain... Victorious.
Ghost X is offline  
Thanked by 2:
The Man (07/15/2014), The Twilight Mexican (07/15/2014)
Old 07/15/2014   #5
Telcontar
Default

"heavy-duty cleaner with access to top secret government sites"

What did you do here? Why did they give you access to those sites?
Telcontar is offline  
Thanked by 2:
Ghost X (07/15/2014), The Twilight Mexican (07/15/2014)
Old 07/15/2014   #6
Chloe Frazer
Default

Oh Dawn and I are gonna have a lot of fun with this one.

Ghost what's been your favorite thing about Farscape?
__________________
Chloe Frazer is offline  
Thanked by 3:
Dawnbreaker (07/15/2014), Ghost X (07/15/2014), The Twilight Mexican (07/15/2014)
Old 07/15/2014   #7
Ghost X
Default

"heavy-duty cleaner with access to top secret government sites"

What did you do here? Why did they give you access to those sites?


Because top secret government sites also need to be cleaned and maintained. I was given access because I am a good boy in the eyes of the government.

Ghost what's been your favorite thing about Farscape?


Claudia Black? Just kidding. I like that it doesn't take itself seriously. That there are funny moments amongst the more serious stuff, and cartoon sound effects.
__________________
Winner is me!
2018

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Member You'd Most Want to Meet.

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Best Voice.

2017 2nd Place Winner -- Most Likely To Back Out Of A Fight But Remain... Victorious.
Ghost X is offline  
Thanked by 4:
Addy Carver (07/16/2014), Chloe Frazer (07/15/2014), The Man (07/15/2014), The Twilight Mexican (07/15/2014)
Old 07/15/2014   #8
Chloe Frazer
Default

One does not simply kid about Claudia Black.

Favorite character?
__________________
Chloe Frazer is offline  
Thanked by 2:
Ghost X (07/15/2014), The Twilight Mexican (07/15/2014)
Old 07/15/2014   #9
Ghost X
Default

Favorite character?


Probably Scorpius, I think his relationship with Crichton in the series is the most explored, and interesting, one.
__________________
Winner is me!
2018

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Member You'd Most Want to Meet.

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Best Voice.

2017 2nd Place Winner -- Most Likely To Back Out Of A Fight But Remain... Victorious.
Ghost X is offline  
Thanked by 3:
Chloe Frazer (07/15/2014), The Man (07/15/2014), The Pyro (07/15/2014)
Old 07/15/2014   #10
The Twilight Mexican
Default

Do you have a geographically identifiable accent from any of the places you've lived?

Telcontar wrote: "heavy-duty cleaner with access to top secret government sites"

What did you do here? Why did they give you access to those sites?
Really, you of all people asked this? =P
__________________
Quexinos wrote: I wish I had been there when Cloud realized he had geostigma. I bet he cried.
hito wrote: man i miss flip phones, they were cool and now everything is a boring slab
The Twilight Mexican is offline  
Thanked by 2:
Chloe Frazer (07/15/2014), Ghost X (07/15/2014)
Old 07/15/2014   #11
Ghost X
Default

Do you have a geographically identifiable accent from any of the places you've lived?
Boringly enough, my accent is local to my state. I may have picked up some pronunciation of words whilst I lived in the eastern states when I was younger, but have long since reverted. I did pick up some Canadian pronunciation of words, but soon reverted once returning here. My longer trip to the UK oddly had no noticeable effect on my accent whatsoever .
__________________
Winner is me!
2018

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Member You'd Most Want to Meet.

2017 1st Runner-Up -- Best Voice.

2017 2nd Place Winner -- Most Likely To Back Out Of A Fight But Remain... Victorious.
Ghost X is offline  
Thanked by 2:
The Man (07/15/2014), The Twilight Mexican (07/15/2014)
Old 07/15/2014   #12
Tennyo
Default

Do you plan on writing more books?

Do you have a link to the ones you already have written? I haz e reedr nao
__________________
Tennyo is offline  
Thanked by 2:
Ghost X (07/15/2014), The Twilight Mexican (07/15/2014)
Old 07/15/2014   #13
Abortedj
Default

I am currious about your user name. Are you the 10th ghost? The goes of number 10? A former ghost that was somehow resurrected? Is it a reference to killing an "ex" of yours (like that bitch ex of mine is now a ghost)? Of am I just missing a key reference here?
__________________
My youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/TheOffenderBlog

My blog: http://theoffenderblog.blogspot.com/
Abortedj is offline  
Thanked by 2:
Ghost X (07/15/2014), The Twilight Mexican (07/15/2014)
Old 07/15/2014   #14
The Twilight Mexican
Default

My theory has always been that he's the time-traveling ghost of X-SOLDIER come to our time period from the future.
__________________
Quexinos wrote: I wish I had been there when Cloud realized he had geostigma. I bet he cried.
hito wrote: man i miss flip phones, they were cool and now everything is a boring slab
The Twilight Mexican is offline  
Thanked by 6:
Chloe Frazer (07/15/2014), Ghost X (07/15/2014), Shademp (07/15/2014), Tennyo (07/15/2014), Tetsujin (07/15/2014), The Man (07/15/2014)
Old 07/15/2014   #15
Dawnbreaker
Default

Pegging? Yay or nay?












Okay, okay, okay...If for some reason you were given the opportunity to make a speech or a lecture for five minutes on a world-wide broadcast what would you say?
__________________


"I'll make you happy," said Life, "But first, I'll make you strong."

"You can do everything right and still lose. That is not weakness; that is Life." Jean-Luc Picard / Patrick Stewart

"It may well be that we will have to repent in this generation not merely for the vitriolic words and the violent actions of the bad people, but for the appalling silence and indifference of the good people." Martin Luthar King Jr.

Dawnbreaker is offline  
Thanked by 4:
Ghost X (07/15/2014), Shademp (07/15/2014), Telcontar (07/15/2014), The Twilight Mexican (07/16/2014)
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:59 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.