The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Final Fantasy > Neo Final Fantasy (VIII - XV)

Neo Final Fantasy (VIII - XV) Discussion area for all Final Fantasy titles after Final Fantasy VII.

Old 05/03/2013   #646
OneWingedDemon

I honestly don't understand how you can make the kind of decisions SE have made. I don't. It's like they are purposely trying to fuck their company up. Well, congratufuckinglations!

OneWingedDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (05/04/2013)
Old 05/08/2013   #647
Hisako

Alex Strife wrote: But... 8/9-years-wait-worth good? That, I don't think so.
There have been a hash of recent games in the past years that have proved that having an overtly long development period for a title (and by overt, we're talking near-decades) potentially makes the product suffer and risks being released with sub-par quality and design.

Of course, there's a whole lot of context behind every such failure, but such games have usually failed due to a loss of creative vision on the developer's part and a lack of consistency and focus. The only triple-A title I can think of that didn't come out playing completely like ass was Sleeping Dogs.

Versus probably isn't even plagued by the same problems of publishing and development deadlines since it's an in-house production on Square Enix's part - perhaps that could be part of the problem of why they don't seem to be sufficiently motivated enough to release it anytime soon.

RIP in peace old sig lolol 04/2015

Don't believe your eyes? Don't be surprised.

Hisako is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Alex Strife (05/08/2013), The Twilight Mexican (05/08/2013)
Old 05/08/2013   #648
Arianna

I wouldn't be surprised if we learn that they remade Versus over from scratch at least once in this amount of time. I am having a hard time putting into words my thoughts, but I feel Versus was on the back-burner for a while.

Please click here and help my eggs and hatchlings!
(Thank you!)

Splintered wrote: [Jihl] was like "I AM GUNNA BE RELEVA-" nvm

Arianna is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Tetsujin (05/08/2013), The Twilight Mexican (05/08/2013)
Old 05/09/2013   #649
Hisako

To cite the same example, Sleeping Dogs was picked up by Square Enix a while after Activision dumped it, and afterward there was apparently an almost-immediate overhaul of a large portion of game assets, simply because through the years that the game had spent just pottering about the stuff was looking more and more clunky and outdated.

I'm thinking Square Enix will try and reuse what little of Versus they have now (and to a keen eye when it's released people would probably notice anyway ) but they'll also be overhauling whatever assets they can in order for it to pass off for a next-generation console game - if that truly is their intention.
Of course, if they've been basically doing nothing and fucking around like most of us think they have, then that won't be an issue at all and it's just a matter of the assigned developers getting off their lazy asses.

RIP in peace old sig lolol 04/2015

Don't believe your eyes? Don't be surprised.

Hisako is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (05/09/2013)
Old 05/09/2013   #650
Arianna

Arianna wrote: I wouldn't be surprised if we learn that they remade Versus over from scratch at least once in this amount of time. I am having a hard time putting into words my thoughts, but I feel Versus was on the back-burner for a while.
I feel like they may have had some problems - be it the company's losses or the programming or whatever - I just feel the project has had issues. There, those are the words I was looking for.

(Thank you!)

Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (05/09/2013)
Old 05/09/2013   #651
The Twilight Mexican

Arianna wrote: ... I just feel the project developers have had issues.
Fixed?
Old 05/09/2013   #652
Arianna

Hawkeye wrote: Fixed?
Well, they would be in the project, so yeah; but, I just wonder if other things came up too.

(Thank you!)

Old 05/19/2018   #653
Blade

The Twilight Mexican wrote: I still say I will never buy the fucking game if it goes to the PS4. Now, if it's available for both PS3 and PS4, as that rumor claims, then fine -- but I don't for one second believe they will expend the effort for that.
Retro quote (because it's funny coming from Tres).
^Here's hoping for:
Valkyrie Profile: Hrist
Metal Gear Rising 2: Re-Revengeance
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Shademp (05/19/2018), The Twilight Mexican (05/19/2018)
Old 05/19/2018   #654
The Twilight Mexican

_=P
Thanked by 2:
Blade (05/19/2018), Shademp (05/19/2018)
Old 05/19/2018   #655
Shademp

I want to frame that quote and put it on my apartment wall <3

Alongside my own quotes of course. Like those where I say that 'the only thing good about Dirge of Cerberus is that I don't have to play it' and that Lost Episode 'deserves to be forgotten'.
Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 6:
Alex Strife (05/21/2018), Fangu (05/21/2018), Lex (05/23/2018), lithiumkatana17 (05/20/2018), Teioh (05/19/2018), The Twilight Mexican (05/19/2018)
Old 05/19/2018   #656
Tetsujin

It's true though, he never bought the game.
Tetsujin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 8:
Alex Strife (05/21/2018), Blade (05/19/2018), Lex (05/23/2018), lithiumkatana17 (05/20/2018), Mr. Ite (05/23/2018), Shademp (05/19/2018), Teioh (05/19/2018), The Twilight Mexican (05/19/2018)
Old 05/19/2018   #657
Shademp

Holy moogles you are right. I forgot about that. XD
Shademp is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 4:
Alex Strife (05/21/2018), Lex (05/23/2018), lithiumkatana17 (05/20/2018), The Twilight Mexican (05/19/2018)
Old 05/23/2018   #658
leadmyskeptic

I strum my Earth Harp and pray to Bahamut that we will not be mouthing near identical utterances about Remake, only with the "3" and "4" in "PS" being swapped to "4" and "5"...
leadmyskeptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Shademp (05/23/2018), The Twilight Mexican (05/23/2018)
Old 05/23/2018   #659
Mr. Ite

^ Have fun revisiting this thread in 10 years!
Mr. Ite is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Lex (05/24/2018), Shademp (05/23/2018), The Twilight Mexican (05/23/2018)