The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.


Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Final Fantasy > Neo Final Fantasy (VIII - XV)

Neo Final Fantasy (VIII - XV) Discussion area for all Final Fantasy titles after Final Fantasy VII.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06/14/2018   #1846
Fangu
Default

The person with memory loss was Fang, or? Never saw her cry?

Wait, Vanille probably had some amount of memory loss too? And she did certainly cry...

XIII was confusing
__________________
Quotes and shit
Pixel wrote: Someone say Pixel Porn?
(SPOILER)
Joe wrote: How does Tidus make Yuna feel better?

Elixer.
Shademp wrote: #Fangustyle
Ghost X wrote: As long as Fangu delivers the pizza, I will not particularly mind what is on it. Even if it is hot fiery death in plant form.


Progress!
2012
Member of the Year, Best Site Contributor (2nd), Best Newcomer, Hottest Female, Bounciest Boobies (3rd), Member You’d Most Like to Meet in Real Life, Most Improved (3rd), Best Drunk/Stoner, “Needs to Spend Less Time on TLS” Award (3rd), Best Ship (1st, Avengu) (3rd, Sprexanghululock), Most Likely to Survive the Zombie Apocalypse (3rd), Most Likely to Save the World, Most Suited to Be on Cosmos’ Side (2nd)

2013
TLS Lifetime Achievement Award (3rd), Best Site Contributor (3rd), Hottest Female, Biggest Non-FF Geek (3rd), Most in Need of Daylight (2nd), Member You'd Most Like to Meet in Real Life, Member You'd Most Like to Bone (2nd), Horniest Member (2nd), Best Drunk/Stoner (3rd), The TLS Literature Prize, Most Talented (Art, Writing, Music, Etc.) (3rd), Best Ass (3rd), Most Fervent TLSer, Most Likely to Go the Extra Mile (3rd)

2014
Member of the Year (2nd), Best Site Contributor (3rd), Hottest Female (2nd), Nicest Smile, Member You'd Most Like to Meet in Real Life, Member You'd Most Like to Bone (2nd), The Lifestream Literature Prize, Best Ass (2nd), Sexiest Voice, Best Ship/TLS OTP (3rd, Sprexanghululock), Most Fervent TLSer (3rd), Most Likely to Make the Best-Tasting Food (2nd), Most Likely to Go the Extra Mile (2nd)

2015
Member you'd most like to bone (2nd), Best Drunk/Stoner (3rd), Hottest female (3rd), Sexiest voice (3rd)

2016
Best Drunk (2nd), Most Likely To Suggest An Award They'll Never Win
Fangu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/14/2018   #1847
Minato
Default

Fangu wrote: The person with memory loss was Fang, or? Never saw her cry?

Wait, Vanille probably had some amount of memory loss too? And she did certainly cry...

XIII was confusing
Fang had memoryloss, Vanille pretended to likewise have memory loss but in actuality very much remembered Fang turning into Ragnarok, destroying battlefleets and breaking Cocoon's shell.
Minato is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (06/15/2018)
Old 06/14/2018   #1848
Fangu
Default

Yeah, that's what I seemed to remember as well.

But then there were no other memory losses, or? Please enlighten us o/
__________________
Quotes and shit
Pixel wrote: Someone say Pixel Porn?
(SPOILER)
Joe wrote: How does Tidus make Yuna feel better?

Elixer.
Shademp wrote: #Fangustyle
Ghost X wrote: As long as Fangu delivers the pizza, I will not particularly mind what is on it. Even if it is hot fiery death in plant form.


Progress!
2012
Member of the Year, Best Site Contributor (2nd), Best Newcomer, Hottest Female, Bounciest Boobies (3rd), Member You’d Most Like to Meet in Real Life, Most Improved (3rd), Best Drunk/Stoner, “Needs to Spend Less Time on TLS” Award (3rd), Best Ship (1st, Avengu) (3rd, Sprexanghululock), Most Likely to Survive the Zombie Apocalypse (3rd), Most Likely to Save the World, Most Suited to Be on Cosmos’ Side (2nd)

2013
TLS Lifetime Achievement Award (3rd), Best Site Contributor (3rd), Hottest Female, Biggest Non-FF Geek (3rd), Most in Need of Daylight (2nd), Member You'd Most Like to Meet in Real Life, Member You'd Most Like to Bone (2nd), Horniest Member (2nd), Best Drunk/Stoner (3rd), The TLS Literature Prize, Most Talented (Art, Writing, Music, Etc.) (3rd), Best Ass (3rd), Most Fervent TLSer, Most Likely to Go the Extra Mile (3rd)

2014
Member of the Year (2nd), Best Site Contributor (3rd), Hottest Female (2nd), Nicest Smile, Member You'd Most Like to Meet in Real Life, Member You'd Most Like to Bone (2nd), The Lifestream Literature Prize, Best Ass (2nd), Sexiest Voice, Best Ship/TLS OTP (3rd, Sprexanghululock), Most Fervent TLSer (3rd), Most Likely to Make the Best-Tasting Food (2nd), Most Likely to Go the Extra Mile (2nd)

2015
Member you'd most like to bone (2nd), Best Drunk/Stoner (3rd), Hottest female (3rd), Sexiest voice (3rd)

2016
Best Drunk (2nd), Most Likely To Suggest An Award They'll Never Win
Fangu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/14/2018   #1849
Minato
Default

Fangu wrote: Yeah, that's what I seemed to remember as well.

But then there were no other memory losses, or? Please enlighten us o/
Not in XIII, never played the spin-offs tho.
Minato is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (06/15/2018)
Old 06/14/2018   #1850
Strangelove
Default

looneymoon wrote: Wait, wasn't there a scene in 13 where someone starts crying over some shit in a past life they don't recall exactly?
i thought that was in kingdom hearts
__________________
「こんなヒトにはなりたくなかったよ――」
Strangelove is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
looneymoon (06/14/2018), The Twilight Mexican (06/15/2018)
Old 06/14/2018   #1851
looneymoon
Default

Strangelove wrote:
looneymoon wrote: Wait, wasn't there a scene in 13 where someone starts crying over some shit in a past life they don't recall exactly?
i thought that was in kingdom hearts
omfg... I was thinking of KH2 sorry
__________________
♦♦♦♦♦♦


looneymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (06/15/2018)
Old 06/14/2018   #1852
Fangu
Default

wat

which XIII character was that??
__________________
Quotes and shit
Pixel wrote: Someone say Pixel Porn?
(SPOILER)
Joe wrote: How does Tidus make Yuna feel better?

Elixer.
Shademp wrote: #Fangustyle
Ghost X wrote: As long as Fangu delivers the pizza, I will not particularly mind what is on it. Even if it is hot fiery death in plant form.


Progress!
2012
Member of the Year, Best Site Contributor (2nd), Best Newcomer, Hottest Female, Bounciest Boobies (3rd), Member You’d Most Like to Meet in Real Life, Most Improved (3rd), Best Drunk/Stoner, “Needs to Spend Less Time on TLS” Award (3rd), Best Ship (1st, Avengu) (3rd, Sprexanghululock), Most Likely to Survive the Zombie Apocalypse (3rd), Most Likely to Save the World, Most Suited to Be on Cosmos’ Side (2nd)

2013
TLS Lifetime Achievement Award (3rd), Best Site Contributor (3rd), Hottest Female, Biggest Non-FF Geek (3rd), Most in Need of Daylight (2nd), Member You'd Most Like to Meet in Real Life, Member You'd Most Like to Bone (2nd), Horniest Member (2nd), Best Drunk/Stoner (3rd), The TLS Literature Prize, Most Talented (Art, Writing, Music, Etc.) (3rd), Best Ass (3rd), Most Fervent TLSer, Most Likely to Go the Extra Mile (3rd)

2014
Member of the Year (2nd), Best Site Contributor (3rd), Hottest Female (2nd), Nicest Smile, Member You'd Most Like to Meet in Real Life, Member You'd Most Like to Bone (2nd), The Lifestream Literature Prize, Best Ass (2nd), Sexiest Voice, Best Ship/TLS OTP (3rd, Sprexanghululock), Most Fervent TLSer (3rd), Most Likely to Make the Best-Tasting Food (2nd), Most Likely to Go the Extra Mile (2nd)

2015
Member you'd most like to bone (2nd), Best Drunk/Stoner (3rd), Hottest female (3rd), Sexiest voice (3rd)

2016
Best Drunk (2nd), Most Likely To Suggest An Award They'll Never Win
Fangu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/2018   #1853
Clement Rage
Default

Alyssa?
__________________
Octo, and possibly some other people wrote: You should be able to build your side without tearing another down
Clement Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/15/2018   #1854
Blade
Default

Alyssa was in XIII-2, and she was a walking paradox of sorts, which is why her memory was fuzzy.


Noel had the same issue.
__________________
HEAVEN MADE MEN FOR IT'S OWN REASON.
MEN RESPECT MEN FOR THEIR OWN SAKE.
Telcontar2 wrote: THE LAST GUARDIAN IS BACK. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE NOW!
^Here's hoping for:
Valkyrie Profile: Hrist
Metal Gear Rising 2: Re-Revengeance
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (06/15/2018)
Old 06/19/2018   #1855
Clement Rage
Default

I'm aware of that, but she's the closest we have in the 13 world to someone breaking down over hazy memories of a past/alternate life.
__________________
Octo, and possibly some other people wrote: You should be able to build your side without tearing another down
Clement Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2018   #1856
Kuja9001
Default

That Noel one was glossed over within the story.
Kuja9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (06/19/2018)
Old 06/21/2018   #1857
T@ctic
Default

on part 9 (?) now and not sure what to feel about lightning. the whole plot of her being an ex soldier immediately sparked "cloud" in my mind but that and her almost cold aura is all i can compare her to him (disc one cloud guys, calm down). she's mostly annoying but what i have seen in her is that she has a soft spot for children and almost immediately attempted to protect vanille by telling her not to wander off. and letting hope come with her (she's even given him her exclusive nickname) and training him shows that as well.

what i think about the characters so far (i already said my say about lightning):

sahz
he reminds me a bit of usopp. not because of their exterior but their personalities. i'm beginning to like him but am waiting for his badass moment soon.

hope
i have no loved ones passed on (especially from such a horrific way) but i still can find myself to understand completely on his feelings of wanting to fight and blaming snow. in fact he may be my favorite character. i think i would get along with him IRL.

vanille
she's not annoying actually. she seems to have more to her than what appears to be. she doesn't know a lot about the history that surrounds her which doesn't make her a ditz (to me) but makes me think of where she's come from to not fully understand her surroundings. i usually hate the overly girly type characters but it fits her okay and she's not that girly.

snow
this involves a bit of lightning. i understand her anger of her blaming him for serah because i can put myself in her shoes since i have siblings and two sisters of my own (one who nearly matches the name of her little sister). because of that i'm trying to go out my way to understand snow's shoes because i like going outside of my thinking comfort zone. there isn't a lot to understand about him since he left the crew early on, and i don't want to connect him to serah. even though he loves her he is still his own person, i just don't see it yet.

serah
she's even lesser known since she "dies" in the beginning of the story. i have a wary feeling i will come to find her annoying. this is because i hated her for hiding her being a l'cie from her own sister and running of with the solution (or problem, whatever) with her lover. snow can love her all he wants, he's not her sister and no-one knows you better than family (when done right). her first thought shouldn't even have involved snow but lightning.

speaking of l'cie i'm around 30% on understanding what they are, same with purge. how does one even get branded in the first place? by infection? by getting kidnapped? are certain people chosen to be of the purge (poor people) or is it just random people? i'll have to see more to find out.
__________________
[SIGPIC]https://images2.imgbox.com/80/3a/Cd0mcfTD_o.png[/SIGPIC]
"Anything worth dying for is certainly worth living for." - Catch 22

Last edited by T@ctic; 06/22/2018 at 06:22 PM.
T@ctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
looneymoon (06/22/2018)
Old 06/22/2018   #1858
The Twilight Mexican
Default

All the questions you have at the moment will be answered, including why Serah felt closer to Snow than Lightning.
__________________
Quexinos wrote: I wish I had been there when Cloud realized he had geostigma. I bet he cried.
hito wrote: man i miss flip phones, they were cool and now everything is a boring slab
The Twilight Mexican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/22/2018   #1859
Blade
Default

The only questions that I have that STILL aren't answered:

---The heck happened to Fenrir?
---The heck did Yggdrasil even COME from? (I assume a certain being made it).
__________________
HEAVEN MADE MEN FOR IT'S OWN REASON.
MEN RESPECT MEN FOR THEIR OWN SAKE.
Telcontar2 wrote: THE LAST GUARDIAN IS BACK. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE NOW!
^Here's hoping for:
Valkyrie Profile: Hrist
Metal Gear Rising 2: Re-Revengeance
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2018   #1860
T@ctic
Default

part 18 -

okay, i am really liking the characters so far. everyone is extremely flawed, but not just for the sake of them being relatable!!!111 but because they are all doing what they think/believe is right in trying times.

snow
now there's more to his character. he wants to move forward but internally he's wracked with guilt and doesn't know how to forgive himself.

light
she tried to protect her sibling and in turn pushed her away. boy, as i know how that feels. she's also had a much better taking to hope and opening up more (to him at least). she's realized her previous plan was useless and is coming up with a new, revised edition.

vanille
she's basically the same except for her secret of sahz' son. same with sazh and his announcement of his son. their stories have yet to get more attention so far.

fang
(SPOILER) so she's the woman people keep shipping with vanille??? that's freaking disgusting....fang looks like a grown woman and vanille is like 16 at best.
seems a nice enough character. has her own guilt problems but got them out with light (i think.)

hope
officially my favorite character. not even halfway through the game he learns maturity, forgiveness and friendship. he's honest and working hard for his own strength and independence. he's grown a lot and i'm very excited to see what he has in the future.

also, should my next post be in the spoilers thread, since i will be talking more of the story? just trying to make sure.
__________________
[SIGPIC]https://images2.imgbox.com/80/3a/Cd0mcfTD_o.png[/SIGPIC]
"Anything worth dying for is certainly worth living for." - Catch 22
T@ctic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:08 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.