The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.


Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Topical > Entertainment > Comics

Comics For when you need your comic and webcomic discussion fix.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06/03/2009   #1
Hinata Hyuga
Default Naruto Anime/Manga (Manga Spoilers Not Tagged) [WSJ]

I felt that I had to, since I did not see one. I love this series. Whatever you say about it, it definitely has charm.

I don't know where to start... Guess I'll wait to see if there will be anyone else posting in this thread first.
Hinata Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/03/2009   #2
Makoeyes987
Default

It's a good series, indeed. Do you read the manga, or just watch the anime, or what?

Tell me where you are, and that'll determine how much I say
Makoeyes987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/03/2009   #3
Interslicery
Default

it was good until the timeskip, then things started to deteriorate. and in case you arnt this far (dont know how far the anime is now) I'll spoiler

(SPOILER) element types ala pokemon were a horrible idea, and just cemented narutos decline into shittyness. now everything all about how ridiculas a jutsu they can come up with. and the "awesome" jutsu is just bigger versions of others. OMG HUGE ASS BASEKETBALL COURT SIZED RASENGAN!! OMG U ROK JIRAIYA!!! XD PWNZERS1!!

oh right, and the leader of akatsukis plan is to rule the world. real fuckin original there pal


so in short, pre-timeskip = good, post-timeskip = ok at first then shit
__________________



Interslicery is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
f a n c y (04/04/2017)
Old 06/03/2009   #4
Super Mario
Default

I remember. Why did they use that pokeman concept? seemed extraneous. And it's not even displayed for cock on recent chapters.
__________________

YAHOO!
Super Mario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/03/2009   #5
haichinamie
Default

I'll always love Naruto, started reading the manga since I was like 12
haichinamie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/03/2009   #6
Hinata Hyuga
Default

Mako Eyes wrote: It's a good series, indeed. Do you read the manga, or just watch the anime, or what?

Tell me where you are, and that'll determine how much I say
I have read up to manga chapter #449.

I enjoy the anime, too. But even though I do like a lot of the English VA, Naruto's own voice is very grating on my ears. I watch the subtitled version whenever I can(like when I get something on netflix).

The manga is way better to me. I can enjoy Kishimoto's wonderful artwork, and the best thing is probably the way the action sequences feel more natural and fast paced than in the anime, where battles go on for multiple episodes.

But overall I read Naruto for the story and the many wonderful characters. I guess that's why things like this:


(SPOILER) quote from Interslicery-
element types ala pokemon were a horrible idea, and just cemented narutos decline into shittyness. now everything all about how ridiculas a jutsu they can come up with. and the "awesome" jutsu is just bigger versions of others. OMG HUGE ASS BASEKETBALL COURT SIZED RASENGAN!! OMG U ROK JIRAIYA!!! XD PWNZERS1!!


don't bother me. It may not be the best idea ever came up with, but something like it could never ruin a series for me.

So I have read everything available now! Let's talk, everybody.
Hinata Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/03/2009   #7
Makoeyes987
Default

How the hell does a water jutsu extinguishing and being stronger than a fire jutsu not make any sense? Elemental affinity is basic and adds a semblance of balance and logic behind the fact people are spewing water and fire out of their mouths.

In regards to the current plot..

(SPOILER) All I'll say is, is that Madara has a hard act to follow after the feats Pain has shown in the manga.
Makoeyes987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/04/2009   #8
Interslicery
Default

Mako Eyes wrote: How the hell does a water jutsu extinguishing and being stronger than a fire jutsu not make any sense? Elemental affinity is basic and adds a semblance of balance and logic behind the fact people are spewing water and fire out of their mouths.

In regards to the current plot..

(SPOILER) All I'll say is, is that Madara has a hard act to follow after the feats Pain has shown in the manga.
and lighting having an advantage over earth? how does that happen?
I hate it cause it removed the "skill" part of fights. remember fights like Neji VS Kidoumaru? or any fight with Shikamaru? introduce elemental advantages and whop! Kakashi put it best when he killed Kakuzu "you got paired up against the wrong guy" or something like that.
lighting beats rock, sry kakuza, skill has nothin to do with it budday
__________________



Interslicery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/04/2009   #9
I Am Not Me
Default

I liked it at the start, but then I stopped caring. But I will always love Rock Lee.

I liked it maybe up to where Sasuke goes off? IDK. I do watch the movies though.

I never read the manga DDDD;
I Am Not Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/04/2009   #10
Rumpelstiltskin
Default

The manga is where the true potential of the series lies.

I think the ever constant teasers with sasuke are becoming boring and the general spin offs are just becoming depressing.
They should just concentrate on the ongoing battles and the actual plotline involving sasuke and orichimaru while akatsuki do their thing.

All in all pissed off with yet again teasers ruining the show.
Rumpelstiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/04/2009   #11
Makoeyes987
Default

Actually it makes sense that Lightning has an advantage over earth because lightning is known to be so hot, that it's capable of melting sand into glass. Lightning is known figuratively to split the earth, and the very nature of cloud to ground lightning is lightning traveling the least resistance to reach the earth. In basic terms, Lightning strikes earth.

And it doesn't remove skill at all. If anything, it adds skill, because it forces ninjas to take into consideration the skill set and abilities of their enemies. A ninja can't foolishly go using a fuuton jutsu against an opponent who uses a katon, unless they want to get burned in the face or something. I don't see how an element that punishes a ninja for not taking into consideration the abilities they use before going into battle would somehow take away the skill of a fight.

(SPOILER) And the way Kakashi found an opening to even use Raikiri required stealth and skill in the first place. He didn't charge right in and hit him from the front.
Makoeyes987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/04/2009   #12
Rumpelstiltskin
Default

Fire >> Wind (oxygen makes flames bigger)
Earth >> Lightning (Earth doesnt conduct electricity)
Water >> Fire (obvious)
Lightning >> Water (Water conducts electricity)
Rumpelstiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/04/2009   #13
Celes Chere
Default

I hate Naruto, sometimes I wonder why I ever watched it.

Then I remember characters like Itachi, Sai, and Sakura exist in it.
Celes Chere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/04/2009   #14
Frostwave
Default

CelesChere wrote: I hate Naruto, sometimes I wonder why I ever watched it.
Could be that right thar. The manga is better than the anime. Although I 'spose it still might not be your thing, Tiff.

Why hate?
Frostwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/04/2009   #15
Interslicery
Default

Mako Eyes wrote: Actually it makes sense that Lightning has an advantage over earth because lightning is known to be so hot, that it's capable of melting sand into glass. Lightning is known figuratively to split the earth, and the very nature of cloud to ground lightning is lightning traveling the least resistance to reach the earth. In basic terms, Lightning strikes earth.

And it doesn't remove skill at all. If anything, it adds skill, because it forces ninjas to take into consideration the skill set and abilities of their enemies. A ninja can't foolishly go using a fuuton jutsu against an opponent who uses a katon, unless they want to get burned in the face or something. I don't see how an element that punishes a ninja for not taking into consideration the abilities they use before going into battle would somehow take away the skill of a fight.

(SPOILER) And the way Kakashi found an opening to even use Raikiri required stealth and skill in the first place. He didn't charge right in and hit him from the front.
and water can blow the shit out of anything if there's enough force. doesnt make lighting >> rock any less stupid.

and I prefer a thinking mans fight. kakashi won because Kishimoto decided to implement a crappy pokemon element factor instead of actually thinking of a fight.
sneaking up behind him isnt clever, smart, or interesting no matter how much skill it takes. and the skill isnt even demonstrated, making it less interesting.
__________________



Interslicery is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:55 PM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.