The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Final Fantasy > Sub-Final Fantasy > Final Fantasy: Dissidia

Final Fantasy: Dissidia The PSP fighting game featuring a culmination of all of the Final Fantasy Universes.

Old 01/05/2017   #1
Blade
Post Opera Omnia Dissidia News/Discussion Thread

Post Opera Omnia News/Discussion in here.

For regular Dissidia discussion/news, use the other thread:
http://thelifestream.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16667

Just trying to stay Organized.
^Here's hoping for:
Valkyrie Profile: Hrist
Metal Gear Rising 2: Re-Revengeance
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (01/05/2017)
Old 01/18/2017   #2
ultima espio

There's going to be a live stream on Jan 31st, 9PM JST.

https://twitter.com/DFF_OperaOmnia/s...57284899692544

I will inform you of new icons 行い I will do the official live broadcast from around 21 o'clock on January 31 (Tuesday) 🎉 its name will also announce the details of the "Dissidia FF Opera Omnia LIVE # 0 coming soon!" Program again However, there is information on 📅 delivery date, so do not miss it
So it looks like they will reveal the date a week on Tuesday.
ultima espio is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Dark and Divine (01/18/2017), Teioh (01/18/2017), The Twilight Mexican (01/18/2017)
Old 01/18/2017   #3
Tashasaurous
Really looking forward to how this game turns out, especially it's more story than all of the previous Dissida games had been. Wonder how the walking-free world or whatever gameplay will be like, because so far we've seen cut-scenes and battle gameplays of this game so far.
Tashasaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/27/2017   #4
ultima espio

Going by the tweets, the characters travel around in groups, similar to the previous games. The story is split into chapters as well.

Chapter 1 has:

(SPOILER) Warrior of Light
Cloud
Tifa
Vivi
Hope
Sazh
Y'shtola
Rem

Chapter 2:
(SPOILER) Cecil
Zidane
Vaan
Yda

Chapter 3:
(SPOILER) Edge
Bartz
Yuffie
Yuna
King

Chapter 4:

(SPOILER) Onion Knight
Yang
Terra
Penelo
Thanked by 3:
Dark and Divine (01/28/2017), Splintered (02/03/2017), The Twilight Mexican (01/27/2017)
Old 01/31/2017   #5
ultima espio

It'll be available from tomorrow, February 1st. Still japan only though.

Aerith also just revealed

Last edited by ultima espio; 01/31/2017 at 09:41 AM.
Thanked by 5:
Alex Strife (01/31/2017), Dark and Divine (01/31/2017), Teioh (01/31/2017), Tennyo (01/31/2017), The Twilight Mexican (01/31/2017)
Old 01/31/2017   #6
The Twilight Mexican

Cute picture.
Old 01/31/2017   #7
Strangelove

fuuuuck i don't know if my phone will have space for this and i can't afford a new one right now
The Twilight Mexican (01/31/2017)
Old 01/31/2017   #8
Tennyo

Aerith looks so adorable <3

She's only in the mobile version?
Old 02/01/2017   #9
ultima espio

At the moment, yes. There's a chance she could appear in the arcade version since she was in 012. Probably a small chance though, since she was assist only.
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (02/01/2017)
Old 02/01/2017   #10
The Twilight Mexican

Don't know why they couldn't think of what to do with a staff wielder for a fighting game. Just study Kilik and Seong Mina from the "Soul Calibur" series.
Thanked by:
Tennyo (02/03/2017)
Old 02/01/2017   #11
Flintlock

Derp. I wrote "The announcement of the 1st of February as the Japanese launch date for Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia" here without realising that it's already the 1st of February (here, and in Japan). Edited now.
Flintlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 2:
Dark and Divine (02/01/2017), The Twilight Mexican (02/01/2017)
Old 02/01/2017   #12
Tashasaurous
They announced it on the 31st of January which was yesterday both in Japan and here in Australia, so today is the 1st already.

I was actually expecting this game to be released in Japan in March this year, so this is a nice reveal, and with Aerith being there as a full character, for once. Now if only they could bring up Reno like how he appeared in Final Fantasy: Curtain Calls.

It'll never happen, but hey, one can dream.
Old 02/03/2017   #13
Tennyo

The Twilight Mexican wrote: Don't know why they couldn't think of what to do with a staff wielder for a fighting game. Just study Kilik and Seong Mina from the "Soul Calibur" series.
This. I don't like this insistence lately that Aerith is a dainty flower who can't fight. She can fight, and is pretty feisty about it, too.

This is one thing that I worry about for the remake. I'm afraid they'll lose her personality.
Old 02/04/2017   #14
Tashasaurous
Tennyo wrote:
The Twilight Mexican wrote: Don't know why they couldn't think of what to do with a staff wielder for a fighting game. Just study Kilik and Seong Mina from the "Soul Calibur" series.
This. I don't like this insistence lately that Aerith is a dainty flower who can't fight. She can fight, and is pretty feisty about it, too.

This is one thing that I worry about for the remake. I'm afraid they'll lose her personality.
Yeah, don't mess with Aerith, especially with her personality or temper.

But yeah, losing her personality in the remake is another worry for me. My first is making Reno look too old and/or worse, older than Cid. I love Reno post-original game and pre-remake. In other words, in Advent Children/Complete and Crisis Core.
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (02/04/2017)
Old 02/04/2017   #15
The Twilight Mexican

Cid's only 32 during the original game, though, and Reno was considered a senior Turk at least as far back as seven years before the original game. It's entirely plausible that they're around the same age.

Reno could even be older, though he does look younger in Advent Children.