The Lifestream Home The Lifestream Forums The Lifestream Shop Donate to The Lifestream
The Lifestream

ARCHIVED FORUMS

Hello. You are currently viewing the old vBulletin forums, which are now in readonly archive mode.
Please go to https://thelifestream.net/forums to go to the current forums.

Go Back   The Lifestream Forums > Compilation of Final Fantasy VII > Pre-Crisis Final Fantasy VII

Pre-Crisis Final Fantasy VII All content for Before Crisis and Crisis Core focusing on the 8 years, leading directly up until the events of Final Fantasy VII.

Old 01/22/2017   #31
Clement Rage

Much as I love Sephy, I think he's being overestimated here.

Sephiroth is not equal to entire armies, he can be severely impeded by a backstab from a random MP. He'll need to sleep at some point. It would be a bad move for Shinra to go after him, but when have Shinra ever done the sensible thing? They could just grind him down like Zack, if they were willing to lose enough soldiers and machines, and could pin him to one location. Pre Jenova, he doesn't have the phasing through matter/flying/teleportation abilities, which would make it easier. Genesis, his nearest equivalent, had an army of super loyal deserted SOLDIER at his back and still couldn't really do much damage to Shinra, even with Sephy mostly not intervening.

Re the Tsviets, Azul and Shelke are toast, Nero wouldn't be a match in physical ability, but his swirly black stuff seems to be nearly unbeatable, and you don't stop it even by killing him. Rosso could survive Cloud, so might be able to put some fight.

Huge emphasis is put on how crazy powerful Weiss is, he's kept chained up. I would still give a match up to Sephy, but I think it could be a close fight.

Imagine all the super fans swarming to rally around him, ShinRa would be over in a day
If all the One Direction fans decided to unite against the world governments, they'd cause a serious problems, but I'd still give the military the edge in a fight.
Clement Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Harley Quinn (01/22/2017), Kieron_ODuibhir (09/30/2017), The Twilight Mexican (01/23/2017)
Old 01/22/2017   #32
Harley Quinn

Clement Rage wrote: Much as I love Sephy, I think he's being overestimated here.

Sephiroth is not equal to entire armies, he can be severely impeded by a backstab from a random MP. He'll need to sleep at some point. It would be a bad move for Shinra to go after him, but when have Shinra ever done the sensible thing? They could just grind him down like Zack, if they were willing to lose enough soldiers and machines, and could pin him to one location. Pre Jenova, he doesn't have the phasing through matter/flying/teleportation abilities, which would make it easier. Genesis, his nearest equivalent, had an army of super loyal deserted SOLDIER at his back and still couldn't really do much damage to Shinra, even with Sephy mostly not intervening.

Re the Tsviets, Azul and Shelke are toast, Nero wouldn't be a match in physical ability, but his swirly black stuff seems to be nearly unbeatable, and you don't stop it even by killing him. Rosso could survive Cloud, so might be able to put some fight.

Huge emphasis is put on how crazy powerful Weiss is, he's kept chained up. I would still give a match up to Sephy, but I think it could be a close fight.

Imagine all the super fans swarming to rally around him, ShinRa would be over in a day
If all the One Direction fans decided to unite against the world governments, they'd cause a serious problems, but I'd still give the military the edge in a fight.
Crazy Sephiroth even with all his abilities I would give it to him then as he's far too sure of himself which makes him become dumb and leaves him open. Sane Sephiroth is far more tactful and seems he'd take the situation far more serious than crazy Sephiroth.

I do think if the roles were reversed and it was Sephiroth who fought the MPs and Zack I genuinely think he'd of won. Would he have been hurt? Maybe *shrugs* but I always thought that even before powering up immensely that he was incredibly hard to damage and was highly regenerative. (Even though hurt by Cloud in the reactor he still managed to walk. God only knows how)

But maybe I'm overestimating him.

And god I hate one direction
Harley Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
Clement Rage (01/24/2017), LicoriceAllsorts (01/24/2017), The Twilight Mexican (01/23/2017)
Old 01/24/2017   #33
Clement Rage

I have nothing against one direction or their fans per se, but they wouldn't be the first people I'd expect to be behind a violent insurrection. Maybe I'm wrong.
Thanked by 2:
LicoriceAllsorts (01/24/2017), The Twilight Mexican (01/24/2017)
Old 01/24/2017   #34
The Twilight Mexican

All part of their master plan.

"You don't know you're gullibeautiful/
That's what makes you gullibeautiful"
Thanked by 2:
Clement Rage (01/26/2017), Harley Quinn (01/24/2017)
Old 01/24/2017   #35
Tashasaurous
Crazy Sephiroth even with all his abilities I would give it to him then as he's far too sure of himself which makes him become dumb and leaves him open. Sane Sephiroth is far more tactful and seems he'd take the situation far more serious than crazy Sephiroth.

I do think if the roles were reversed and it was Sephiroth who fought the MPs and Zack I genuinely think he'd of won. Would he have been hurt? Maybe *shrugs* but I always thought that even before powering up immensely that he was incredibly hard to damage and was highly regenerative. (Even though hurt by Cloud in the reactor he still managed to walk. God only knows how)

But maybe I'm overestimating him.

And god I hate one direction
He was mutated with Jenova cells when Sephiroth was still just inside the womb of Lucrecia-his real mother. Since Jenova is extremely hard to kill since she is an alien, he's a hybrid.

And I like One Direction and I like their songs. Still have one of their CD tracks I got for my birthday...I think it was 2013. Can't remember.
Tashasaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/2017   #36
Harley Quinn

He was mutated with Jenova cells when Sephiroth was still just inside the womb of Lucrecia-his real mother. Since Jenova is extremely hard to kill since she is an alien, he's a hybrid.

And I like One Direction and I like their songs. Still have one of their CD tracks I got for my birthday...I think it was 2013. Can't remember.
[/QUOTE]

Yeah I obviously know that the J-cells made him super powerful but we were discussing just how powerful he is. I do feel Sephiroth is sometimes overestimated. But then the whole being stabbed in the back by Cloud and still surviving makes me think that the J-cells have highly regenerative abilities.

And I can't stand one direction that music makes my ears bleed but each to their own
Harley Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/25/2017   #37
Tashasaurous
Harley Quinn wrote: Yeah I obviously know that the J-cells made him super powerful but we were discussing just how powerful he is. I do feel Sephiroth is sometimes overestimated. But then the whole being stabbed in the back by Cloud and still surviving makes me think that the J-cells have highly regenerative abilities.
That's why I called him a Hybrid, because as you said, J-Cells have highly regenerative abilities and despite being rendered into small pieces of her head, Jenova was horrifyingly still alive because she can heal up and still be alive, and her cells are more alive than any other species in the world.

Harley Quinn wrote: And I can't stand one direction that music makes my ears bleed but each to their own
Yeah, each to their own. The music I can't stand are classics from before the 1990's, and I can't stand classic-like musicals; La La Land is a good example.
Tashasaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/26/2017   #38
Clement Rage

The Twilight Mexican wrote: All part of their master plan.

"You don't know you're gullibeautiful/
That's what makes you gullibeautiful"
Aaaand now I've been humming this all day.
Thanked by:
The Twilight Mexican (01/27/2017)
Old 10/03/2017   #39
Kieron_ODuibhir

I bet Shinra would have let Sephiroth go if he'd just walked away, without the Genesis thing to make them jumpy. Called it a sabbatical and left him alone to embroider in peace until they really needed him for something. He's kind of a crown jewel of their public relations, they'd want to keep using him if possible.

I...don't agree at all about the difference between Crisis Core and the Bourne series. It's not untrue that Japan has overall a more communalist ethos than the US and your job tends to be even more in charge of your life, but this has resulted in a lot of escape-from-the-corporate-shackles fiction. Even Crisis Core is about this, in a way; it costs Sephiroth and Cloud the better part of their selves and Angeal and Zack their lives and much of their capacity for faith, but they do get out. The price of freedom shouldn't be so high, but it is.

The difference isn't east versus west, it's genre. Crisis Core is a somewhat actiony game and there are some vicarious power trips in there, even (especially?) in the bit at the end where Zack kills all comers trying to drag him back until he can't anymore, but in narrative terms it's a tragedy. It was never about winning.
Kieron_ODuibhir is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by 3:
SeaDragon (10/05/2017), The Twilight Mexican (10/03/2017), X-SOLDIER (10/03/2017)